Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 23/12/23

shull

Just now, W6er said:

Ach, I cannae believe I thought we'd get something today. So much for optimism. I'm now disappointed. @elvis, I will be taking a leaf out of you book. Expect nothing. EVER! :( 

It's the only way to be with this mob I honestly don't see where another win is coming from what a fall from grace it's been .shockingly bad.

Well, Hearts 2-0 St Mirren, final score.

There's been enough pointing out the few errors/players that let us down.

We've played a lot worse and won games.

As many have been saying for ages, there's not a lot between most teams, the big difference is we don't have a goalscorer and week on week make costly individual feck ups.

Not sure who we can bring in as we don't have many real options who are better than the team we sent out today. (granted our captain has been struggling for quite some time)

The stats suggest it was fairly close, the goals apart.

image.png.409b838649833fa5f649747d2b8653b3.png

Terrible second half. Really really poor. 

Thats 2 weeks running now that Mandron has come on as a sub and I have genuinely no recollection of him touching the ball.

Some of the “football” in that second half was atrocious. We couldn’t even do the basics right. 

We are most definitely on the slide. We better get some points from Killie, because we’ll be getting none in the following 3 games. 

The pendulum has certainly swung against us in the second quarter of the season. We can’t buy a goal away from home and , if I’m not mistaken, 2 of the 4 we have scored were own goals. the confidence is certainly draining at a rate of knots! 
It’s hard to see what the answer is and am concerned that we are heading into free fall after all the good early season work. I remember Ross County did similar the season we won the playoffs. 
so hopefully we can get it back together again. 
wishing all you good buddies a Merry Christmas 🎄 

That was dreadful at times.. even when we had a bit of the game midway through the second half,  up front we're totally toothless 

Mark O'Hara totally off it all season but there's nothing on that bench right now any better, but we do have a clever wee player out on loan at Ballymeana 20 year old Fraser Taylor bring him back and give him a chance

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fot the facts on Shankland, aye, wee fat petulant Shankland who we, seemingly, never feared before todaY.

Sheesh. 

Think he's on 15 in all competitions.

image.thumb.png.477e70da2067a2a3985fbe1c00060c43.png

Only a few years ago he was without a club for a period after Aberdeen released him and he screwed the nut when he got another chance with Ayr. 

Out of all the forwards Scotland has right now he is arguably the most natural finisher and could force his way into the national team for the opener against Germany. I sense that he needs to believe in himself and hope that Steve Clarke gives him the nod ahead of Dykes and Adam.