Aberdeen away (Dec 30th)

Geordie Saint

Just watched the highlights. Fantastic result.

Fantastic timing of a run by the captain for the opening goal.

The penalty? Shocker. Lack of confidence evident. Confident Mark would have scored. Over to Kiltie for the spot kicks but full support for O'Hara. None of this dropping him for his own good crap. He's out Captain. Support him through this dip in form. It's the same player who had us third in the league for so long.

The game was good viewing. We were clinical in attack and stoic at the back. Yet another great goalkeeping performance. 

Fully deserved all three points. COYS

On 12/29/2023 at 5:47 PM, santaponsasaint said:

After recent performances I wouldnt travel to Abercorn St let alone Aberdeen. Watching us at the moment is like watching paint dry. Meaningless punts up the park to striker's who can't control the ball. Certain players can play poor for weeks and never get dropped. SR only has one way of playing, he's a one trick pony. Sad say it will be a 3.0 loss at Aberdeen.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Got the score right Gary - in reverse. Wonderful to be there and witness our best result there since 1953. Travelled to Abercorn Street to get the bus to the game. Top marks to all the Saints players and the referee.

18 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Mark O’Hara, our best player

puts us in the lead at Pittodrie and gets pilloried for a penalty miss

shocking behaviour by some so- called supporters 

how is a player to get through a tough spell with that kind of shit flying around?

Well said, teams and individuals go through ups and downs, no need to publicly slate players who do. Some people on here must be absolutely faultless in all they do going by their inability to cut players some slack.

Edited by buddiecat

16 minutes ago, buddiecat said:

Well said, teams and individuals go through ups and downs, no need to publicly slate players who do. Some people on here must be absolutely faultless in all they do going by their inability to cut players some slack.

To be fair most supporters were pointing out that he hasn't reached anyway near the form that he displayed last season, and this has been pointed out by several opposition supporters on P&B.

You're correct about the ref yesterday. He had a very solid game and refereed the game without making it all about him.

MOTM was either Hemming or Gogic. Both were superb. Baccus and Bolton weren't far behind though.

We have a great group of guys all fighting for each other and giving 100%. Yes we will slip up and go through tough patches but if we can repeat our overall performance over the second half of the season we can land that European place ……………. given where we have been before Robbo came in, just let that sink in !

COYS !!!

2 hours ago, Dare said:

We have a great group of guys all fighting for each other and giving 100%. Yes we will slip up and go through tough patches but if we can repeat our overall performance over the second half of the season we can land that European place ……………. given where we have been before Robbo came in, just let that sink in !

COYS !!!

Robbo overlooked in the New Year honours, outrageous.

Not long back. After much uncertainty everything fell into place. Trains ran, game was on and I got to see the lesser spotted saints away win. Even rarer at Pittodrie by all accounts. My heart did sink for a moment when the Aberdeen fan on the train near me told his mates there would be an 11 am pitch inspection. We were due to get off at 11.05. I e-mailed afc and they swiftly replied to say pitch was fine and game good to go....and relax! Both team and support were fantastic yesterday. A bit like Newcastle it's like being on one big rollercoaster ride. Got out for a good few pints in Aberdeen last night and enjoyed them despite having to run from bar to bar to try, in vain to dodge the incessant rain. Breakfast was funny when one or two Aberdeen fans were moaning this morning 😃. A good end to 2023. All the best for the NY everyone. COYS and Howay the Toon.

48 minutes ago, john scott said:

Not long back. After much uncertainty everything fell into place. Trains ran, game was on and I got to see the lesser spotted saints away win. Even rarer at Pittodrie by all accounts. My heart did sink for a moment when the Aberdeen fan on the train near me told his mates there would be an 11 am pitch inspection. We were due to get off at 11.05. I e-mailed afc and they swiftly replied to say pitch was fine and game good to go....and relax! Both team and support were fantastic yesterday. A bit like Newcastle it's like being on one big rollercoaster ride. Got out for a good few pints in Aberdeen last night and enjoyed them despite having to run from bar to bar to try, in vain to dodge the incessant rain. Breakfast was funny when one or two Aberdeen fans were moaning this morning 😃. A good end to 2023. All the best for the NY everyone. COYS and Howay the Toon.

Glad you enjoyed it mate and your plans all came good, let's hope the Toon pull off another minor miracle tomorrow as well. All the best for 2024.