Aberdeen away (Dec 30th)

Geordie Saint

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This makes sad reading SPS. Reading such a negative post from a true SMFC diehard like yourself is painfully poignant. Witnessing the downturn in our team's performances in recent weeks has been painful for us all, but your reaction suggests you have a lack of hope for upcoming fixtures. 

How in Gods name can anyone have hope watching the shite that's been getting dished up these last couple of months.this has all the hall marks of the Hibs team that got relegated a few years ago sitting pretty  in the league then fell of a cliff ending in misery for there fans.

Well, given that the bus leaves at 9:00, it looks like we'll be heading for Pittodrie this morning. Looking at the weather forecast it appears it is the worst scenario. Game might be on. We might make it there. The weather is set to turn bad at 3:00pm so we could have a problem getting back home. Honestly? With the way we have been playing, if I was going on my own, I'd give this a miss and suffer losing the gate money but, as is normal with youth, my grandson is determined and, dare I say,  optimistic about both travel and, more curiously, the result. And I canny even have a drink to cheer my soul.

14 hours ago, Wilbur said:

This makes sad reading SPS. Reading such a negative post from a true SMFC diehard like yourself is painfully poignant. Witnessing the downturn in our team's performances in recent weeks has been painful for us all, but your reaction suggests you have a lack of hope for upcoming fixtures. 

We do seem to have a lot of whining individuals in our support.

Supporting our team is a labour of love, as it always will be.

We have to roll with the bad times as we do with the good times.

As it is, we're fifth, yes fifth in league and we're going through a difficult spell. 

Some of us have spent years following Saints through times like the 90's when we were so much worse than the current situation. That puts it into perspective for me.

Having said all that, maybe our whining support get some sort of joy out of behaving in this manner, so if it gets them through the day, then fill your boots.

Edited by FTOF