St Mirren v St Johnstone 24/2/24

11 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Here just to cheer you up a bit then.  top one even gave me a good laugh... they went 2-1 up in the 94min I should have cashed out as I saw it coming 

Screenshot_20240226-105513_Chrome.jpg

Aye, Inverness cost me on Saturday against Arbroath. Just had a wee feeling Arbroath would sneak it, 90 odd minutes Inverness equalused. 

9 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Got that wrong, overall we played well and I have to say that Jamieson is starting to show what he can do.  He was a handful for the fakes and his running off the ball was quite effective

I’m in danger of starting to come across like someone who’s got it in for Jamieson (which I absolutely haven’t), but I’m still just not seeing it.  Even on Saturday I didn’t think he was up to much. I think he flatters to deceive as he appears quite lively and has the odd nice wee touch here and there, but when it matters I think his decision making is awful. He gives the ball away quite often in the final third, usually through taking too long to make his mind up what he wants to do. Often he also makes the wrong decision i.e. shoots when he should pass or vice versa. 
Hopefully it’s just a bit of rawness that he will be able to work through in time, but for the moment I think he’s a passenger. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

The manager, who I sometimes disagree with, has stated that LJ is maybe 1-2 years behind where he should be in terms of development.  That leads me to believe that he is continuing to progress in training and doing what is required on the pitch as he is getting increasing amounts of game time.

I also think the recent success of Mandron is down to the players around him giving him the chance to be awkwardly effective..  I like that he is now trying everything from the attempts at perfect execution to the stabs at the ball where he gets a bounce or deflection that foxes the keepers.  A good tactic when you consider how many good shot-stoppers there are in the league now.

41 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, Inverness cost me on Saturday against Arbroath. Just had a wee feeling Arbroath would sneak it, 90 odd minutes Inverness equalused. 

I try not to bet on football probably because I rarely win... My son actually said on Saturday night the bookies make more % profit on football bets than any other sport just before I went on stage put me right off my song no wonder I was singing out of tune  :lol: 

1 minute ago, portmahomack saint said:

I try not to bet on football probably because I rarely win... My son actually said on Saturday night the bookies make more % profit on football bets than any other sport just before I went on stage put me right off my song no wonder I was singing out of tune  :lol: 

🤣

16 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The manager, who I sometimes disagree with, has stated that LJ is maybe 1-2 years behind where he should be in terms of development.  That leads me to believe that he is continuing to progress in training and doing what is required on the pitch as he is getting increasing amounts of game time.

I also think the recent success of Mandron is down to the players around him giving him the chance to be awkwardly effective..  I like that he is now trying everything from the attempts at perfect execution to the stabs at the ball where he gets a bounce or deflection that foxes the keepers.  A good tactic when you consider how many good shot-stoppers there are in the league now.

Interesting view from SR, wonder ‘why’ he’s behind… I’d assume just game time? But interesting view nonetheless 

Edited by spankin_panda

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m in danger of starting to come across like someone who’s got it in for Jamieson (which I absolutely haven’t), but I’m still just not seeing it.  Even on Saturday I didn’t think he was up to much. I think he flatters to deceive as he appears quite lively and has the odd nice wee touch here and there, but when it matters I think his decision making is awful. He gives the ball away quite often in the final third, usually through taking too long to make his mind up what he wants to do. Often he also makes the wrong decision i.e. shoots when he should pass or vice versa. 
Hopefully it’s just a bit of rawness that he will be able to work through in time, but for the moment I think he’s a passenger. 

Agree he needs to step up and take the chance Robbo is giving him if he wants to keep his place when McMenamin's back who wasn't doing much either, hopefully we haven't seen the best of him yet, and just wasn't quite fit enough coming from part time football