St Mirren v St Johnstone 24/2/24

St Johnstone player took a bad injury after accidental head knock with Gogic.He was treated on pitch for a good 5 mins after the game while all the players looked on anxiously from the mouth of the tunnel.Eventually got stretchered off,looked serious

Well done Saints on a great performance 🏁👏🏁

On 2/21/2024 at 2:06 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Allegedly @elvis has been kicked off P&B for being racist.

I didn't see the offending post in question, so opportunity for him to defend himself on here, assuming he's not been booted off here as well.

Matchday threads will simply not be the same without him. Or should I say "matchday threads where we're losing" as he doesn't feature on the ones where we're winning. 😃

On 2/21/2024 at 3:19 PM, elvis said:

I can 1000% assure everyone I am not a racist and never would be the post could have been worded better I agree but it was not meant to be racist I apologise for that.

On 2/21/2024 at 7:00 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Never thought for one minute you would be mate. 👍

Hence raising it on here as you clearly didn’t get the opportunity to defend yourself of P&B.

I’ve no idea what you said, but I’m very aware that we are all capable of saying the wrong thing on occasion. 

On 2/21/2024 at 7:13 PM, faraway saint said:

Aye, you're a lot of things but I wouldn't be convinced that kind of shite would come from you. 

On 2/21/2024 at 10:11 PM, DougJamie said:

Think they overreacted.... silly P&B....would give you a like but don't seem to have that function 

You'll not see this for a few days as you'll be hiding as the pwick you are on here. 😉

But have never seen you write anything even on the edge to be considered racist. 

Good result today so hopefully will erase the memory of last week and it's upwards and onwards for the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

You'll not see this for a few days as you'll be hiding as the pwick you are on here. 😉

But have never seen you write anything even on the edge to be considered racist. 

Good result today so hopefully will erase the memory of last week and it's upwards and onwards for the rest of the season.

As I  said when this appeared, not very bright but unlikely to be racist.

First game live in a while and apart from the cold and the young teams squabbling at the end it was a great day out. Our non scoring striker get 2 (don't care that they gave the first as an OG). Kwon goal was superb and very poor to chalk it off. Thought ref was average at best, ball hits him when we have it and he gives it to the Fakes. Dubious yellow for us and no yellow for Gordon. We were comfortable the whole 90 minutes, nervous in the 94th minute. Good day out and good performance all round 

Last week was a bad day at the office, today a much better day at the office.

Again, overall, results have helped but the most important thing is we picked up 3more points against a team who have been putting up a good fight against most teams in the recent weeks. 

@portmahomack saint, your not as much of a bucketgub as you were last week when Livingston scraped a result against us. :lol:

image.thumb.png.b5955fc731429a634acb91b3210bc578.png

Edited by faraway saint

15 minutes ago, elvis said:

Anyone else think VAR should only be used for inside the box when a goal is scored its a joke getting  pulled back for something halfway up the park.

That's not as easy as it looks as something that happens earlier in the play can easily influence the final outcome. 

If an opposition player was fouled by one of our players, clearly, and they continued up the park and scored we'd, quite rightly be shouting the game should have been stopped at the original foul. 

On the third goal why did VAR even look at it? Referee up with play and saw nothing wrong with the challenge. Why do VAR even look at it? Matter of opinion if it was a foul. I actually thought it was but the fact the referee did not give it I cannot understand why it was checked. Surely they should only check offside something that is black or white. Not a matter of opinion.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

6 games to play before the break and 8 points above the 7t placed team, which is as good as a 3 game swing.

Top 6 looking as good as assured, despite the continual pessimistic opinions from the usual suspects throughput the season.

What a manager we have. :happyclapper

The midweek game at Dingwall is important. We have to approach it with the same attitude as today's game. A high pressing approach, forcing errors and creating lots of goalscoring opportunities. 

If we can collect 3 points in Dingwall, then shafting Warnock's Wankers next weekend will have us home and dry for the top 6.

1 minute ago, guinness said:

On the third goal why did VAR even look at it? Referee up with play and saw nothing wrong with the challenge. Why do VAR even look at it? Matter of opinion if it was a foul. I actually thought it was but the fact the referee did not give it I cannot understand why it was checked. Surely they should only check offside something that is black or white. Not a matter of opinion.

Jeezo. :lol:

Not a word on our performance or result. :byebye

1 minute ago, Wilbur said:

The midweek game at Dingwall is important. We have to approach it with the same attitude as today's game. A high pressing approach, forcing errors and creating lots of goalscoring opportunities. 

If we can collect 3 points in Dingwall, then shafting Warnock's Wankers next weekend will have us home and dry for the top 6.

It goes without saying, almost, that EVERY game is important. 

There's other games to be played that will also have an influence on the league positions at the break but, aye, OUR results are the most critical thing and we are battering out the wins and performances at a crucial time of the season. 

Desperately disappointing that Baccus has fallen from being a 100% 'first-name-on-the-teamsheet' starter to a back-up, last 20 minutes sub. He hardly touched the ball when he came on.

OK, I think it's more than likely (based on his gold-plated Aussie international status) that he'll be a goner in June and therefore won't be part of our future plans, it still feels wrong that his Saints career will probably be allowed to just fizzle out.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo. :lol:

Not a word on our performance or result. :byebye

Sorry arsehole I was perfectly happy with the performance. Those of us who pay large amounts of money to go to matches are getting fed up with seeing good goals cancelled for little reason. I realise it is not a huge problem for some tosser sitting in his living room or some hut outside. We were fine today. Much better than the opposition but that does not mean there are not problems with VAR .

On 1/27/2024 at 7:03 PM, guinness said:

Thought we were reasonable today but never look like scoring. We need to start picking up more points or we could be dragged into battle for second bottom. Teams at the bottom like St Johnstone are improving and we are standing still. 

:lol:

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

Sorry arsehole I was perfectly happy with the performance. Those of us who pay large amounts of money to go to matches are getting fed up with seeing good goals cancelled for little reason. I realise it is not a huge problem for some tosser sitting in his living room or some hut outside. We were fine today. Much better than the opposition but that does not mean there are not problems with VAR .

I would suggest you look at another sport as it looks like you don't know what you are talking about.

As for your hard man insults, hilarious. :byebye

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Desperately disappointing that Baccus has fallen from being a 100% 'first-name-on-the-teamsheet' starter to a back-up, last 20 minutes sub. He hardly touched the ball when he came on.

OK, I think it's more than likely (based on his gold-plated Aussie international status) that he'll be a goner in June and therefore won't be part of our future plans, it still feels wrong that his Saints career will probably be allowed to just fizzle out.

I'd be more concerned if we were not getting results. 

It pains me to right this and I am sure fault with both clubs hooligans. But I should be able to go to a match and feel safe walking to my car however that is twice I have felt threatened. I have had a group of what I can o ly call thugs running towards me with their faces covered. I want whoever knows who they are to shame them. We will lose our good name as a family club. I looked about me today and seen people walking with young children. We had young football teams in today. We will start to lose godd law abiding fans through non educated thugs who call themselves st mirren fans who find it fun to fight other fans a disgrace. Get rid of W7 if this is what it brings to the club

2 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

It pains me to right this and I am sure fault with both clubs hooligans. But I should be able to go to a match and feel safe walking to my car however that is twice I have felt threatened. I have had a group of what I can o ly call thugs running towards me with their faces covered. I want whoever knows who they are to shame them. We will lose our good name as a family club. I looked about me today and seen people walking with young children. We had young football teams in today. We will start to lose godd law abiding fans through non educated thugs who call themselves st mirren fans who find it fun to fight other fans a disgrace. Get rid of W7 if this is what it brings to the club

:happyclapper

14 minutes ago, fan4ever said:

Well said 👍

Just now, elvis said:

The good guys in w7 being tard with the same brush as these arse holes .

Good point but it's unfortunate that these "arseholes" tend to merge with the good guys.

If the good guys are that good they should be helping to get rid as this is becoming a slight issue. 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Good point but it's unfortunate that these "arseholes" tend to merge with the good guys.

If the good guys are that good they should be helping to get rid as this is becoming a slight issue. 

Totally agree my son is in W7 and called me too make sure I was OK so not all in W7 thugs but something has to be done