St. Mirren v Hearts, 6th April 2024 - possible sell out?

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

We never finished in the top 6.

Nothing is comfortable with St Mirren.

You've made a cnut of yiurself yet again. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

You said there was โ€˜no chanceโ€™ different thing.ย 
ย 

no luck wee man.ย 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You said there was โ€˜no chanceโ€™ different thing.ย 
ย 

no luck wee man.ย 

There was no chance, prove me wrong.ย 

Ask Aberdeen fans and until just over a week ago Dundee Utd fans.ย 

Back on your box. ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There was no chance, prove me wrong.ย 

Ask Aberdeen fans and until just over a week ago Dundee Utd fans.ย 

Back on your box. ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

In his time here, we finished 9th then 7th & he left us in 5th with a great chance to be in 4th with the game in hand we had.ย 

You made the claim, burden of proof thereโ€™s โ€™no chanceโ€™ย 

Robinson didnโ€™t manage to finish 5th last season, by your logic there is โ€˜no chanceโ€™ he could ever finish 5th.ย 
ย 

Faraway Saint - โ€˜itโ€™s impossible to ever do something youโ€™ve not done beforeโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

In his time here, we finished 9th then 7th & he left us in 5th with a great chance to be in 4th with the game in hand we had.ย 

You made the claim, burden of proof thereโ€™s โ€™no chanceโ€™ย 

Robinson didnโ€™t manage to finish 5th last season, by your logic there is โ€˜no chanceโ€™ he could ever finish 5th.ย 
ย 

Faraway Saint - โ€˜itโ€™s impossible to ever do something youโ€™ve not done beforeโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

He left part way through a season and achieved nothing.

Our current manager HAS taken us into the top 6 two seasons running.

All your bluff about 4th and a game in hand equals the square root of feck all.

Bazil= fantasy world.ย 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He left part way through a season and achieved nothing.

Our current manager HAS taken us into the top 6 two seasons running.

All your bluff about 4th and a game in hand equals the square root of feck all.

Bazil= fantasy world.ย 

Eh, he improved our league position season on season while he was there without once taking us backwards. How many St Mirren managers can say that?ย 
ย 

But that wasnโ€™t your claim was it? It was โ€˜no chanceโ€™ of back to back top 6 finishes. For that to be true, there has to be โ€˜no chanceโ€™ of a manager continuing to improve on his season on season performances.ย 

In other words, you were talking bollocks.ย 

Eh, he improved our league position season on season while he was there without once taking us backwards. How many St Mirren managers can say that?ย 
ย 

But that wasnโ€™t your claim was it? It was โ€˜no chanceโ€™ of back to back top 6 finishes. For that to be true, there has to be โ€˜no chanceโ€™ of a manager continuing to improve on his season on season performances.ย 

In other words, you were talking bollocks.ย 

Improved from 9th. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

A low bar, like your intellect.ย  ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Improved from 9th. ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

A low bar, like your intellect.ย  ๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก๐Ÿคก

Year before that, it was 11th. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Did Robbo not finish 9th his first season?ย 

What more could anyone ask from Goodwin than improving the league position season on season? Champions league maybe? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Year before that, it was 11th. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Did Robbo not finish 9th his first season?ย 

What more could anyone ask from Goodwin than improving the league position season on season? Champions league maybe? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Just now, faraway saint said:

๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Good contribution. ย Like it or not Goodwinย 

1st season - 9th

2nd season - 7th (highest league finish in around 30 years)ย 

3rd season - left in 5th, game in hand to go 4thย 

Faraway โ€˜not good enough, heโ€™s pishโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

1st season - 9th

Our current manager = higher than Goodwin ever achieved.ย 

You stick with Goodwin, he's more "you". ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

31 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Our current manager = higher than Goodwin ever achieved.ย 

You stick with Goodwin, he's more "you". ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Moving the goalposts yet again. Praising Goodwin & calling out your rubbish is in no way, downplaying what the current manager has done.ย 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

1st season - 9th

1st season - stopped short due to covid. (Who can say where we would have finished has the league not been terminated after a result that, had it gone the other way, we would have been in deep doo doo)

2nd season 7th

3rd season - left at 6th, not 5th. (From Wikiย :At the time of his departure;, the club were sixth in theย 2021โ€“22 Scottish Premiershipย )ย :lol:

Aberdeen lose to Darvel in the Scottish Cup, widely recognised as the worst result in the HISTORY of Aberdeen football club.ย 

Aye, as i said, thanks Aberdeen, you done us a favour.ย 

Edited by faraway saint

27 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

1st season - stopped short due to covid. (Who can say where we would have finished has the league not been terminated after a result that, had it gone the other way, we would have been in deep doo doo)

2nd season 7th

3rd season - left at 6th, not 5th. (From Wikiย :At the time of his departure;, the club were sixth in theย 2021โ€“22 Scottish Premiershipย )ย :lol:

Aberdeen lose to Darvel in the Scottish Cup, widely recognised as the worst result in the HISTORY of Aberdeen football club.ย 

Aye, as i said, thanks Aberdeen, you done us a favour.ย 

Yep, fair enough Iโ€™m thinking it was one place higher in each case. (Belive we would have went fourth, had we played & won the game in hand) Still season on season improvement. Can only go on what you can regarding Covid & we were 9th. Up from a relegation play off the previous year.ย 

Didnโ€™t work out for him at Aberdeen, as it hasnโ€™t for several Aberdeen managers in a row since McInnes.ย 

You can be critical of Goodwin all you want, youโ€™re factually being critical of someone that took over a team who survived relegation on penalties, and left them in the top six after two and a half seasons.ย 
ย 

What other St Mirren manager got us as high as a seventh place finish in the 30 seasons before Goodwin? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Do you accept, purely on league finish, he was our most successful manager for a generation?ย 

Edited by bazil85

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yep, fair enough Iโ€™m thinking it was one place higher in each case. Still season on season improvement. Can only go on what you can regarding Covid & we were 9th. Up from a relegation play off the previous year.ย 

Didnโ€™t work out for him at Aberdeen, as it hasnโ€™t for several Aberdeen managers in a row since McInnes.ย 

You can be critical of Goodwin all you want, youโ€™re factually being critical of someone that took over a team who survived relegation on penalties, and left them in the top six after two and a half seasons.ย 
ย 

What other St Mirren manager got us as high as a seventh place finish in the 30 seasons before Goodwin? ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Do you accept, purely on league finish, he was our most successful manager for a generation?ย 

Ok, now we've calmed down a bit, I was, and still am, of the opinion Goodwin was/is limited as a manager.

He had a very up and down season with us the season he left, Aberdeen took him on the crest (didn't he have a horrendous run earlier that season?)but I was on record saying they had jumped the gun and he was, IMO, average.

Too defensively minded, a draw and parking the bus against the OF was his idea of fun.

Saying he was our best manager in a generation, purely on league finish is selective and omitting cup victories which should be taken into account so, no , I don't accept that.

As I mentioned earlier, there was growing criticism form the Dundee United support which has slightly abated after the win against Raith.ย 

Let's see how he does next season in the top league.ย :rolleyes:

ย 

ย 

ย 

5 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Naw but they should have been in 2003 when they finished bottom when Falkirk got shafted

Falkirk shafted themselves.

Brockville was decrepit and potentially dangerous to spectators while they spent millions on players transfers, signing on fees and wages.
ย 

Fcuk them! They knew the rules that other clubs like ourselves adhered to.

Zero sympathy for them given the money they spent on players like Stainrod, Waddle, McAllister etc

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, now we've calmed down a bit, I was, and still am, of the opinion Goodwin was/is limited as a manager.

He had a very up and down season with us the season he left, Aberdeen took him on the crest (didn't he have a horrendous run earlier that season?)but I was on record saying they had jumped the gun and he was, IMO, average.

Too defensively minded, a draw and parking the bus against the OF was his idea of fun.

Saying he was our best manager in a generation, purely on league finish is selective and omitting cup victories which should be taken into account so, no , I don't accept that.

As I mentioned earlier, there was growing criticism form the Dundee United support which has slightly abated after the win against Raith.ย 

Let's see how he does next season in the top league.ย :rolleyes:

ย 

ย 

ย 

He wasnโ€™t without his issues but I was baffled by the hard time he got from some fans.ย 
ย 

He got a really strong response out of the players he had, be that defensive or not. Him and Robbo (to me) seem quite similar in their ethos here. As in, you can only get what you can get out of the players you have. Sometimes it wonโ€™t be attractive, flowing football & itโ€™ll be a slog.ย 
ย 

Granted, neither have taken that as far as the Gus years & the infamous โ€˜go to the cinemaโ€™ quote. But they both accept you canโ€™t always try & pass like Real Madrid, when you happen to be St Mirren.ย 

The wind definitely spoiled the chances of a good game. Having said that, Saints were poor and rarely looked like scoring. Hearts are no great shakes either though, and certainly nothing to be afraid of. However, our recent form seems like the end of last season and whilst itโ€™s good to be in the top half of the league, the possibility of no further wins has to be considered. All In all though, a decent season. Iโ€™ve witnessed far far worse. ๐Ÿ˜

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

He wasnโ€™t without his issues but I was baffled by the hard time he got from some fans.ย 
ย 

He got a really strong response out of the players he had, be that defensive or not. Him and Robbo (to me) seem quite similar in their ethos here. As in, you can only get what you can get out of the players you have. Sometimes it wonโ€™t be attractive, flowing football & itโ€™ll be a slog.ย 
ย 

Granted, neither have taken that as far as the Gus years & the infamous โ€˜go to the cinemaโ€™ quote. But they both accept you canโ€™t always try & pass like Real Madrid, when you happen to be St Mirren.ย 

Ok, decent post so we'll leave it at that.ย 

Oh, I certainly don't enjoy the level of abuse our mangers get, a key reason I stopped attending home games after the abuse Lennon was getting, aye, some of our support do think we should be Real Madrid.ย 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ok, decent post so we'll leave it at that.ย 

Oh, I certainly don't enjoy the level of abuse our mangers get, a key reason I stopped attending home games after the abuse Lennon was getting, aye, some of our support do think we should be Real Madrid.ย 

You know something, there might just be hope for Israel and Palestine ๐Ÿ˜…