St Mirren v Rangers, Sunday 28th April, 12:30 ko.

Hibs famously went into the split in 2013/14 season in 7th place. Lost all 5 games - ended up in 11th place. 
Lost on penalties to Hamilton. 
As long as it’s mathematically possible to still catch Kilmarnock we should be trying to win every match while hoping they lose every match.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Hibs famously went into the split in 2013/14 season in 7th place. Lost all 5 games - ended up in 11th place. 
As long as it’s mathematically possible to still catch Kilmarnock we should be trying to win every match while hoping they lose every match.

That could be a very important point today for Killie. After that, I’d say we need to win tomorrow. 

Thank fcuk you are nowhere near the the St Mirren dressing room.

Mr Negative. Take a seat next to Elvis. 

😆 Not quite. There's optimism, pessimism and realism. I'm realistic. 

We could possible lose all 5 games but never end up 11th. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, ianmac said:

Not much difference between pessimism and realism when you support St Mirren. 😕 

Exactly! One of the fans' podcasts is called Misery Hunters, after all! 

Right, match day, quite excited, looking forward to this game, if we play at our best we have a decent chance.

I'm heading out for breakfast soon then I'll be back and settle down in front of the telly to, hopefully, see a good performance and a point or three. :thumbsup

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’ll be there today. Hope it’s better than the footballing masterclass I was treated to yesterday. Decided to go along to Firhill as the Mrs was through in Lanarkshire seeing family. 2 hours of my life I’ll never get back 😩

:lol:

You could have been at Gayfield, although Queens were decent. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

You could have been at Gayfield, although Queens were decent. 

Today is my 10th game of the season. Think it’s the first time I’ve hit double figures since moving to Jersey 38 years ago.

Season record so far….

W6 D2 L1.

Hopefully I’ll add to the 6 or the 2. 🤞

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Today is my 10th game of the season. Think it’s the first time I’ve hit double figures since moving to Jersey 38 years ago.

Season record so far….

W6 D2 L1.

Enjoy your day at St. Mirren Park, TPAFKA Jersey 2.  Ten games this season is good going travelling from Jersey. 👍

Yes, fingers crossed you see Saints pick up points from this game. 🤞

6 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Enjoying a cold pint before heading to the stadium. Good to see Strain and McMenimen starting together. Not going to be easy all pressure on Rangers though.  Looking forward to the meatball marinara pie and a Bovril. 

I feel Connor McMenamin really has to start kicking on now, establishing himself as a regular and proving the faith the management team had in him when they signed him.  He's had bits and pieces of matches where he's looked good but he has to become more consistent.

Enjoy your pint!

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Season record so far….

W6 D2 L1.

Might I suggest you wouldn't have hit 10 if it had been the form of previous seasons? :wink:

Pissing down up here, not that it matters now I'm back in and the heating is on.