Congratulations Ict & John Hughes

Wrong Planet

Starting this thread really to hold my hands up, thought ICT had made a big mistake appointing John Hughes back in December 2013. I take it all back, the big man has been a great success pretty much throughout and deserves great credit. Third place in the Prem this season is a fantastic achievement, but topping it off with winning the Scottish Cup is different class.

Interesting to see if he gets a big money move, or if he chooses to stay and tries to build on his success.

There was a time when only Hughs Maw and Pozbaird would defend him... through what I saw as misguided loyalty or love!

I liked what he did at Falkirk.

I watched bemused as it all went Pete Tong at Hibs despite him being a Hibs fan.

What he has achieved at ICT far outweighs anything Butcher ever did. It has been truly impressive.

There was a time when only Hughs Maw and Pozbaird would defend him... through what I saw as misguided loyalty or love!

I liked what he did at Falkirk.

I watched bemused as it all went Pete Tong at Hibs despite him being a Hibs fan.

What he has achieved at ICT far outweighs anything Butcher ever did. It has been truly impressive.

Not to take anything away from the achievement at all but I've come to believe there is something rather special about ICT as a club. They've had a fair number of bosses in their time as a senior club and yet very few have failed there. Christie and Robertson the only two I can remember.

Then you've got the likes of Hibs where no matter how good a managers track record before they go their they seem to be doomed to failure.

Well done to Hughes but an even bigger well done to the board at ICT. They all deserve it

I was in St Lukes PS in Kilwinning today talking to some of the classes when in walks John Hughes carrying the Scottish Cup. He is in Largs for a coaching course being held by Jim Fleeting who has connections with the school. He must have spoken nice to Yogi.

John got photos taken with the kids and took time to speak to loads of them and let them hold the cup. He is a very warm, friendly and genuine guy. He seemed to enjoy the occasion as much as the kids.

Top bloke.

In front of the castle/Sherrif Courts in Sneckie is a very tall statue of Flora McDonald.

I am DELIGHTED to see she is now wearing an ICT scarf!!! :)

f**kin brilliant!

(And tho I can climb a wee bit, I'd have had to have been utterly pished to attempt to get up there and wrap a scarf around her neck! I wonder how the perpetrator coped? :) )

Try gettin oot o the other side o the bed in the mornin... :)

It's not just this morning........it's every morning since the final whistle blew at Hampden.

I'd have felt the same if Falkirk had won.

I felt the same when the fakes won last year.

I think it's called jealousy.