New Manager Latest Odds

Just now, lenziebud said:

Appointing Guti will be a disaster for St Mirren. If he had the slightest bit of talent he wouldn't be anywhere near the Scottish Premiership. Just beggars belief that our board would even consider it. Kluivert and McCarthy is every bit as bad. 

They need to appoint a proper manager and get it done quick.

Alex Ferguson had talent but went East Stirlingshire - St Mirren - Aberdeen - Man Utd. Guti, or indeed Steven Gerrard could be made of the right stuff, but they are young men, and aren’t just going to be handed the keys to Barcelona or Bayern Munich.

Of course you are right, Guti could be a disaster for St Mirren. Like Ian Murray, Tommy Craig, Alex Rae....

5 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Appointing Guti will be a disaster for St Mirren. If he had the slightest bit of talent he wouldn't be anywhere near the Scottish Premiership. Just beggars belief that our board would even consider it. Kluivert and McCarthy is every bit as bad. 

They need to appoint a proper manager and get it done quick.

Firstly the word you are looking for is COULD not WILL.

Secondly, DISASTER? The worst he can do is relegate us.

Poz has surprisingly correctly dealt with your other assertion about why he should come to Scotland.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You really do epitomise the native Scot. :lol:

A perfect example of the sort of turgid negativity which poisons everything up here.

I'm away for a warm drink to dispel the icy chill from my bones after reading your stultifying post.

No, you misunderstand. I am positive about St Mirren. I feel good about the season ahead. You however, are waffling complete and utter fcuking shite about a manager getting us to be title challengers while not risking our financial position, and then claiming another way to do it would be to round up and ship over a horde of hungry young Spanish loanees.

You are talking shite, and I am merely callng you out on it. Simple as that. Genuinely, it’s that simple. Stop talkng shite and my responses to it will end. I promise.

Can you tell me why no-one bar the two biggest clubs in Scotland have won our top flight in over 25 years, or explain why Watford or West Brom cannot win the EPL by press-ganging Spanish weans into their starting XI.

Edited by pozbaird

1 minute ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

And you epitomise the "football fan" who has no idea of reality.

If only life were so easy, every team would be challenging the top 4. 

There's a realistic positive approach and downright madness, you're the latter. 

You are attempting to play to the gallery with posts like this.

In order to do that you first need a gallery and from what I can tell everyone seems to have you on ignore whilst your other alias is locked FARAWAY in the sin bin.

3 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

No, you misunderstand. I am positive about St Mirren. I feel good about the season ahead. You however, are waffling complete and utter fcuking shite about a manager getting us to be title challengers while not risking our financial position, and then claiming another way to do it wiuld be to round up and ship over a horde of hungry young Spanish loanees.

You are talking shite, and I am merely callng you out on it. Simple as that. Genuinely, it’s that simple. Stop talkng shite and my responses to it will end. I promise.

Behave yourself. :lol:

I would rather you just put me on ignore TBH. Save us both the hassle.

Talking to you is like ramming the blunt end of a pudding spoon into my eyeball.

Edited by oaksoft

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Firstly the word you are looking for is COULD not WILL.

Secondly, DISASTER? The worst he can do is relegate us.

Poz has surprisingly correctly dealt with your other assertion about why he should come to Scotland.

Guti with his status and background could start in Spain or elsewhere with a far better club that St Mirren. Appointing Guti is a nonsense.

The last time we were relegated it nearly happened twice. We have had first class job done for 20 months. Get a solid proven coach in and build on Jack Ross's work, then take it from there. Guti my backside !

Edited by lenziebud

30 minutes ago, StuD said:

I bet you Stewart Donald at Sunderland is really kicking himself. He could have had all these big name superstars and instead he hired Jack Ross. What is it about Paisley that makes it so attractive to all these super rich ex players? Has Fitzpatrick told them that they can moor their private yachts at Inchinnan Cruising Club? 

I would have been more than happy to still have Jack over any of these superstars.

4 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Kluivert is definitely box office material which could ultimately lead to more interest and backing from our main sponsor , the thing that concerns me about him are the many stories of arrogance and petulance over the years . Hopefully he's a changed man.   

Kluivert is a headcase

4 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

Nice deflection.

We've been here before with your posts confirming you have no idea about football and why you grace a football forum is baffling, to say the least. 

PS You're hilarious suggestions have been savaged, maybe that tells you something that I already know. 

This is my last response to you so read well.....

If I listened to the opinions pf other people as regards my views and my ambitions I genuinely shudder to think how much I would have missed out on in my life. That scares me more than any fear of failure or public ridicule.

12 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Guti with his status and background could start in Spain or elsewhere with a far better club that St Mirren. Appointing Guti is a nonsense.

The last time we were relegated it nearly happened twice. We have had first class job done for 20 months. Get a solid proven coach in and build on Jack Ross's work, then take it from there. Guti my backside !

Kevin Kyle is my next door neighbour. He has vast experience at a high level in the game. North and South of the border, and at international level. He’s taxi driving. He’s a good bloke, and he was telling me just how incredibly hard he found it to try and break into coaching after he finished playing. He tried, he received multiple knock backs. He stressed just how hard it is, in the cut-throat football world, for a BoD to give someone unproven a job.

I am agreeing with you that it could be a disaster, but despite being a great player, Guti walking straight into a big management gig just isn’t the way it works. If he’s cut his teeth at Real’s youth team, if he’s soaked up the influences from the high-profile managers he’s worked under, if he can implement continental training methods and diet, if he knows his stuff tactically, can motivate, and is genuine, enthusiastic and keen... then why the hell not?

Otherwise, just give big Yogi a call.

Edited by pozbaird

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Alex Ferguson?

No I don't think he could have started in Spain. :rolleyes: 

Come on Oaksoft - Fergie to Saints in the 70's is the equivalent of Lee McCulloch to Saints in 2018. 

Edited by StuD

59 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Oh my aching sides. A manager who can have St Mirren challenging for the Premiership, while at the same time not risking our financial future, PLUS, if it ends in relegation, so be it, we had a go.

What actual fcuking planet are you on. No, seriously, where is it.

Let’s just take one, teensy, weensy wee point here.... we get a Kenny McLean, he goes to Aberdeen. We get a John McGinn, he goes to Hibs. We get a Stevie Mallan, he goes to Barnsley. We get a Lewis Morgan, he goes to Celtic. We get Jack Ross, he goes to Sunderland.

Build an entire team capable of winning the top flight!? Post Bosman? With vultures around every corner?  Oh, my actual fcuking aching sides....

Here’s how St Mirren, or Dundee, or Hamilton Accies will genuinely challenge for the Scottish Premiership.... a completely fcuking crazy Russian or Arab decides to buy them, throws shitloads of money, and I mean shitloads at it, and buys the kind of players that old-school Manchester City could never buy, but new-look Manchester City could.

I need a lie down and a cold towel to the forehead.

Get where you are coming from. BUT if we could get the Dutch lad in it would up season tickets with a bit of PR.  some good loaness would not be impossible. For me its a risk well worth taking. Would rather have a try than the same old fighting the drop. Of course it might not work but if I was a player at Saints I would stand up and want to learn from such a player who was so talented. No brainer.  

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Get where you are coming from. BUT if we could get the Dutch lad in it would up season tickets with a bit of PR.  some good loaness would not be impossible. For me its a risk well worth taking. Would rather have a try than the same old fighting the drop. Of course it might not work but if I was a player at Saints I would stand up and want to learn from such a player who was so talented. No brainer.  

The other way of looking at it is this. If we keep trying the same old turgid "play it safe" shite then why should anything ever change?

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

The other way of looking at it is this. If we keep trying the same old turgid "play it safe" shite then why should anything ever change?

I agree. St Mirren should hire a female manager. That would be different

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Kevin Kyle is my next door neighbour. He has vast experiencein the game. He’s taxi driving. He’s a good bloke, and he was telling me just how incredibly hard he found it to try and break into coaching after he finished playing. He tried, he received multiple knock backs. He stressed just how hard it is, in the cut-throat football world, for a BoD to give someone unproven a job.

I am agreeing with you that it could be a disaster, but despite being a great player, Guti walking straight into a big management gig just isn’t the way it works. If he’s cut his teeth at Real’sxyouth team, if he’s soaked up the influencesfrom the high-profile managers he’s wirked under, if he can implement continental training methods and diet, if he knows his stuff and is genuine, enthusiastic and keen... then why the hell not?

Otherwise, just give big Yogi a call.

So where do you think SMFC are going to go ?. Best I can ever see would be 4th. With a solid coach we could get 8th next season. Is it worth 4 places to appoint Guti and risk the lot.

I think we need to get real about where we currently are and the resources we have.

Edited by lenziebud

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Aye Alex Ferguson, quality comparison with Guti.

Guti is up their with Gerrard. How much of a chance do you think there was of Steven Gerrard coming to St Mirren. Utter junk.

Two of us have tried manfully to explain to you how hard it is for a rookie manager to get his first gig and yet you keep spouting this ill-informed guff. I give up. :lol:

On 5/23/2018 at 12:36 PM, DougJamie said:

Neilson   3-1

Goodwin 4-1

Pressely 5-1

Archiebald 7-1

Hopkins  7-1

I reckon it will be Robbie that gets it

Amazing how things have changed from 23rd May. 

No Nielsen.  No Goodwin.  No Pressley.  No Archiebald. 

Hopkins? 

4 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Are you telling me a Dutch manager, some good loanees, and with some PR it would be possible for St Mirren to actually challenge for the Scottish Premiership title.

Am I reading this correctly?