Love Street 'the Movie'

Okie dokie, It's time to get the ball rolling here and get some contributors lined up to be filmed. If you want to be in the film and have some stories to tell or perhaps some video/film footage, memorablia, photos, programmes or other filmable items, then get in touch.

There's a my space page with the promo HERE And it's looking good for local press coverage in the coming weeks.

All ideas and suggestions welcome...

That is all... :wink:

How easy is it to get the rights to show highlights from old games?

As I started going regularly in the 90s, I'd love to see the games all the oldies go on about...

We could have a suggestion list on here of what brilliant games at Love Street to include, or summat...?

Okie dokie, It's time to get the ball rolling here and get some contributors lined up to be filmed. If you want to be in the film and have some stories to tell or perhaps some video/film footage, memorablia, photos, programmes or other filmable items, then get in touch.

There's a my space page with the promo HERE And it's looking good for local press coverage in the coming weeks.

All ideas and suggestions welcome...

That is all... :wink:

Grrrrr ! Can’t get to see it as the company blocks certain sites especially download ones.

The Logan video you produced was cracking so I’m sure this will be a superb DVD when it comes out.

Bet you have sound tracks to a T B)

Grrrrr ! Can’t get to see it as the company blocks certain sites especially download ones.

The Logan video you produced was cracking so I’m sure this will be a superb DVD when it comes out.

Bet you have sound tracks to a T B)

It's on the home page here, if that helps... :wink:

How easy is it to get the rights to show highlights from old games?

As I started going regularly in the 90s, I'd love to see the games all the oldies go on about...

We could have a suggestion list on here of what brilliant games at Love Street to include, or summat...?

Getting the footage costs money, but I've yet to suss that out so start a list by all means. B)

St. Mirren 3 Clydebank 1 - 1977

St. Mirren 3 Rangers 3 - 1977

St. Mirren 4 DUFC 1 - 1977

St. Mirren 6 Hearts 2 - 1985

St. Mirren 2 Celtic 3 - Midweek SC Cup game late 70s. Yes we lost but this game brilliant. 5 goals. 2 broken legs and 3000 locked ootside.

All of the above are absolute musts and were definitely all televised.

:thumbs2

Okie dokie, It's time to get the ball rolling here and get some contributors lined up to be filmed. If you want to be in the film and have some stories to tell or perhaps some video/film footage, memorablia, photos, programmes or other

My grandad used to tell us a story about St Mirren trying to sign this player from Rothesay (at least I think it was Rothesay).

The manager, or chariman or whatever apparently went over to Rothesay to convince the guy to sign.

It had been hyped up in the local press and there was a big turnout at Gilmour Street as supporters gathered from all over the town to see this guy.

So they're all there waiting for the train to pull in and when it does it turns out the chairman had changed his mind...and bought a horse instead. Bit of a let down.

Now - I have no idea if any of this is even remotely true - I have never heard anyone else even mention it - and given that gramps was a bit of a story teller and known to have fits of extreme exaggeration I'd appreciate it if anyone who has ever heard anything even remotely connected would mention it here. I think it would have been in the 1950's if that helps.

My grandad used to tell us a story about St Mirren trying to sign this player from Rothesay (at least I think it was Rothesay).

The manager, or chariman or whatever apparently went over to Rothesay to convince the guy to sign.

It had been hyped up in the local press and there was a big turnout at Gilmour Street as supporters gathered from all over the town to see this guy.

So they're all there waiting for the train to pull in and when it does it turns out the chairman had changed his mind...and bought a horse instead. Bit of a let down.

Now - I have no idea if any of this is even remotely true - I have never heard anyone else even mention it - and given that gramps was a bit of a story teller and known to have fits of extreme exaggeration I'd appreciate it if anyone who has ever heard anything even remotely connected would mention it here. I think it would have been in the 1950's if that helps.

No sure about that but we've signed a fair few donkeys over the years...

FS,

I was in Cafe Borgia yesterday and the boy behind the bar (his name I cant get as Im on a alcohol mind block) was actually asking me about this, stated that a guy who drinks Voddie & Coke, take it thats you Al ? was gonna be making a movie/film about Saints etc

He also stated that a wad of you got chucked oot Gilmour Street for not having any permission to film or something like that, is this correct :lol:

Anyway Ive got millions of Memories, so I'll happily contribute matey :)

FS,

I was in Cafe Borgia yesterday and the boy behind the bar (his name I cant get as Im on a alcohol mind block) was actually asking me about this, stated that a guy who drinks Voddie & Coke, take it thats you Al ? was gonna be making a movie/film about Saints etc

He also stated that a wad of you got chucked oot Gilmour Street for not having any permission to film or something like that, is this correct :lol:

Anyway Ive got millions of Memories, so I'll happily contribute matey :)

That would have been Rich who I gave a flyer to put up in the pub. Er... see the 'Saints On Track' thread regarding the railway station incident.. :lol:

St. Mirren 3 Clydebank 1 - 1977

St. Mirren 3 Rangers 3 - 1977

St. Mirren 4 DUFC 1 - 1977

St. Mirren 6 Hearts 2 - 1985

St. Mirren 2 Celtic 3 - Midweek SC Cup game late 70s. Yes we lost but this game brilliant. 5 goals. 2 broken legs and 3000 locked ootside.

All of the above are absolute musts and were definitely all televised.

:thumbs2

The cup game you are referring to. Was it pissing down with rain? I think I was at this game and seem to recall Iain Munro scoring a screamer for us.

The cup game you are referring to. Was it pissing down with rain? I think I was at this game and seem to recall Iain Munro scoring a screamer for us.

......and Danny McGrain breaking Frank MacDougall's leg with a terrible, terrible tackle. Zico got into trouble with the SFA for having the temerity to have a go at McGrain in the press afterwards. Laughable.

Got chucked out of Gilmour St for taking pics at St James'. :withstupid

I'll have a look through my St Mirren box and see what I can come up with. :wink: