Club Statement

Murray7

Just heard Richard was interviewed on Sportsound earlier by Jim Spence.

Any buddie hear it or got a link for it ?

The player on the right should play it smile.png;

http://www.bbc.co.uk...series/scotfoot

Edit; You have to sift through a lot of Old Firm shite first, but Saints are discussed about 29 mins in.

Edited by Murray7

I've said this before but surely as a former director Ken McGeoch must hold a number of shares in the club already. I've absolutely no idea how many, but I presume that he wouldn't need to purchase 52% of the shares to gain an overall majority and therefore he wouldn't need to find £2m. Again without knowing the size of his shareholding, or understanding the rules but could a purchase of 52% of shares, when added to his own share holding, force a "Squeeze Out" or a "Sell Out" - both of which would cost him considerably more than £2m? Could he be waiting for a dissolution of the consortium?

The selling consortium won't break up IMO. They have all transferred their shares to the Douglas Street holding company ready to sell.

Here are the top 10 shareholders in St.Mirren Football Club;

MR GEORGE CAMPBELL, 25,593 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

STEWART GEORGE GILMOUR, 24,259 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

BRYAN ALLAN MCAUSLAND, 17,923 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

KENNETH DRUMMOND MCGEOCH,17,154 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

GORDON ROBERT LAIDLAW SCOTT, 15,224 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

MRS EVELYN PURVES, 12,842 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

ALLAN MCAUSLAND, 10,000 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

ALLAN WALKER MARSHALL, 7,670 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

W.W. WATERS, 6,933 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

1877 SOCIETY, 3,877 ORDINARY GBP 0.50

Those in bold are the selling consortium.

Guest somner9

I've said this before but surely as a former director Ken McGeoch must hold a number of shares in the club already. I've absolutely no idea how many, but I presume that he wouldn't need to purchase 52% of the shares to gain an overall majority and therefore he wouldn't need to find £2m. Again without knowing the size of his shareholding, or understanding the rules but could a purchase of 52% of shares, when added to his own share holding, force a "Squeeze Out" or a "Sell Out" - both of which would cost him considerably more than £2m? Could he be waiting for a dissolution of the consortium?

KmcG needs to turn one of the consortium and get the other non consortia major shareholders onside to take control, or buy them all out. Would the other non-consortia even want to sell to him?

Guy’s I have to perfectly frank and honest with you here. The only thing I am truly interested in is our team getting back into winning way’s starting at Aberdeen.

Though I have to give credit where it is due. Richard has a determination I admire. Here is a man putting in a large amount of time and energy so the fans will have a say and own the club. That the wider community will be closer to the club. Yet at the end of the day Richard will not control the club.

Where the CIC is today seems like a logical step in asking support from the council and local politicians. After all it’s about expanding the club to the community and vice versa. The council and MP’s look after the interest of the community after all.

Stewart Gilmour and the board have had wonderful support from the council. To me it seems a logical statement from the club.

Something I can’t get my head round. Why would any fan not want to safe guard the club and not want a say in the club.

There was a comment earlier that we need to hear more about the McGeoch bid. More? I'm waiting to hear anything about it! How long has Ken McGeoch been on our BOD? A long, long time. I might be wrong, but, let's say unlike Gordon Scott, Ken McGeoch has never struck me as being a dynamic driving force on that BOD, someone who had fresh ideas and looked like he was ready to take the reigns and drive us forward under his progressive stewardship.

Of course, he might be hiding his light under a bushel, biding his time. The time is surely upon us - show us what you've got to offer. I'm open-minded, convince me.

The selling consortium won't break up IMO. They have all transferred their shares to the Douglas Street holding company ready to sell. Here are the top 10 shareholders in St.Mirren Football Club; MR GEORGE CAMPBELL, 25,593 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 STEWART GEORGE GILMOUR, 24,259 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 BRYAN ALLAN MCAUSLAND, 17,923 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 KENNETH DRUMMOND MCGEOCH,17,154 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 GORDON ROBERT LAIDLAW SCOTT, 15,224 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 MRS EVELYN PURVES, 12,842 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 ALLAN MCAUSLAND, 10,000 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 ALLAN WALKER MARSHALL, 7,670 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 W.W. WATERS, 6,933 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 1877 SOCIETY, 3,877 ORDINARY GBP 0.50 Those in bold are the selling consortium.

£2 million asking price for 88,287 shares, eh ?

I'd be more than happy to accept £22.65 per share for my 150 shares.

I think the figures are slightly out, I think Bryan McAusland bought some additional shares last year but not 100% sure.

In any case it is 92,500 shares that are up for sale whatever the split is between the 5 sellers so £21.62 per share at a £2m asking price.

I've just sent in my entry for the £22m Euro Millions.

If I win the whole lot I will gladly give the current board £2m for their shares.

I will also buy everyone on B&W Army a pint. Even Dickson.

If I won 22 million on the lottery I wouldn't give the consortium 2 million - I'd give 10000hours the £750,000 funding shortfall and then we could all crack on genuinely working hard together to make St Mirren FC the modern antidote to Vladimir Romanov and Craig Whyte type ownership models.

I'd buy everyone a pint - but Sid would need to limit his hourly Guinness intake to two pints instead of three! I was born in Paisley, I have a Shull-like reputation to uphold.

If I won 22 million on the lottery I wouldn't give the consortium 2 million - I'd give 10000hours the £750,000 funding shortfall and then we could all crack on genuinely working hard together to make St Mirren FC the modern antidote to Vladimir Romanov and Craig Whyte type ownership models.

Good shout, you have just saved me £1.25m. I'll buy you two pints as a result.

Guest somner9

. Even Dickson.

Oh god we'd get the full two and half hour version of "how this pub could become a SEN" and "what's the incentive for me and the boys club to invest in a packet of dry roasted, will we be able to train in the empty poke?"

Good shout, you have just saved me £1.25m. I'll buy you two pints as a result.

There's lots we could do with the £1.25 million I've just saved you. First thing I would suggest is to buy in a big pile of away strips (with socks) in kids sizes. We can discuss it over a pint..... which I want served by a poolside cocktail waitress at Wynn Resort, Las Vegas. See you there.

There's lots we could do with the £1.25 million I've just saved you. First thing I would suggest is to buy in a big pile of away strips (with socks) in kids sizes. We can discuss it over a pint..... which I want served by a poolside cocktail waitress at Wynn Resort, Las Vegas. See you there.

That's cool Poz. I might ask to borrow Mike Tysons tiger when we are over there.

wub.png

Civil partnerships just don't measure up, right enough.

wub.png

Civil partnerships just don't measure up, right enough.

Could be a gingy thing....I reckon div had a big curly gingy mop prior to shaving it all of after years of ridicule.

Back on topic......if the consortium are all ploughing some money back in, if GLS is putting his fair share in and now we're looking for MKG to put his cash in are no going to just end up spending a lot of money to end up with the same BoD?

Guy’s I have to perfectly frank and honest with you here. The only thing I am truly interested in is our team getting back into winning way’s starting at Aberdeen.

Though I have to give credit where it is due. Richard has a determination I admire. Here is a man putting in a large amount of time and energy so the fans will have a say and own the club. That the wider community will be closer to the club. Yet at the end of the day Richard will not control the club.

Where the CIC is today seems like a logical step in asking support from the council and local politicians. After all it’s about expanding the club to the community and vice versa. The council and MP’s look after the interest of the community after all.

Stewart Gilmour and the board have had wonderful support from the council. To me it seems a logical statement from the club.

Something I can’t get my head round. Why would any fan not want to safe guard the club and not want a say in the club.

thumbup2.gif

Me neither