Paisley - My Pics Of Old Or Unusual Buildings Or Places Of Interest.

Sonny

Right we've all got that one....NEXT!!!

I'm still stumped.

Although it has been 16 years since leaving, I used to think I knew my way around Paisley. Since then I have been living in concrete jungles! All these pictures make me think I used to walk around with my eyes well and truly closed.

I'm still stumped.

Although it has been 16 years since leaving, I used to think I knew my way around Paisley. Since then I have been living in concrete jungles! All these pictures make me think I used to walk around with my eyes well and truly closed.

I dont think this particular statue has been there for 16 years. So your excused on this one

I dont think this particular statue has been there for 16 years. So your excused on this one

Fair comment maybe ... but I still can't even get the ones I have walked past so many times before!

Edited by Qarsaan

No need....just follow this thread and you will learn a lot more. I know I have smile.png.

(And insaintee, stop promoting google for those that are trying to work out the shots - let them use their memory or walk the streets - its healthier for them!!!)

Edited by Sonny

No need....just follow this thread and you will learn a lot more. I know I have smile.png.

(And insaintee, stop promoting google for those that are trying to work out the shots - let them use their memory or walk the streets - its healthier for them!!!)

And no picking out the answers in bold either! I'd read your bloody answer before I even got to look at the picture today thumbdown.gif

Sorryshutup.gif

PICTURE 70, for the benefit of Qarsaan, is the statue of John Witherspoon outside Paisley Tech (or UWS to our younger viewers). Who he you may ask? More info here..... http://en.wikipedia....ohn_Witherspoon An important man as far as America is concerned but he wasn't a Buddie as some may believe and only stayed in the town for 10 years as Minister of the Laigh Kirk (already featured). One of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence.

PICTURE 71 is the hardest CLUE yet as you are all too good at working out the featured relics of Paisley.

PS Sorry this wasn't posted earlier but I am very busy these days and I am spending too much time on P&B laughing at Rangers. Sorry smile.png

post-2737-0-90430700-1336520927_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-47731400-1336521349_thumb.jp

Edited by Sonny

PICTURE 70, for the benefit of Qarsaan, is the statue of John Witherspoon outside Paisley Tech (or UWS to our younger viewers). Who he you may ask? More info here..... http://en.wikipedia....ohn_Witherspoon An important man as far as America is concerned but he wasn't a Buddie as some may believe and only stayed in the town for 10 years as Minister of the Laigh Kirk (already featured). One of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence.

PICTURE 71 is the hardest CLUE yet as you are all too good at working out the featured relics of Paisley.

PS Sorry this wasn't posted earlier but I am very busy these days and I am spending too much time on P&B laughing at Rangers. Sorry smile.png

Pish EASY!!!!! Next!

Is it the houses on calside rd just along from brown & polsons??

There's not a Calside Road in Paisley.There's a Calside and a Calside Ave,neither of are just along from B+P.

My 1st thought was one of the big houses at Moredun Rd.

Eta...Lethal means Falside Rd.

Edited by HSS

There's not a Calside Road in Paisley.There's a Calside and a Calside Ave,neither of are just along from B+P.

My 1st thought was one of the big houses at Moredun Rd.

Eta...Lethal means Falside Rd.

Correct I did mean falside rd drink is the devils curse lol

Was waiting for the low-down from Sid on PICTURE 71 as it is close to his heart :)

PICTURE 71 is the former Brown & Polson Workers' Institute On Falside Rd. Now private accommodation. Built in 1909 and B Listed. Not the usual Paisley architecture. I was only in this building once for a 21st or something many years. ago. Felt I had stepped back in time. Great old building.

PICTURE 72 CLUE is fourth image.

post-2737-0-41939300-1336643008_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-02320100-1336643079_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-77321900-1336643163_thumb.jp

post-2737-0-53876300-1336643240_thumb.jp