Hugh Murray

Put in a horrendous studs up tackle today and broke a Morton players leg. Act of thuggery.

Got to agree, it was a fuking terrible tackle on young Stephen Stirling, should have been a straight red!!

My point is that it was a horrendously mistimed tackle.

Make up your mind. A horrendous studs up, act of thuggery (a point you agreed with).

Or

A horrendously mistimed tackle?

Sorry, last post... Blah blah blah....

Edited by dave.j

Make up your mind. A horrendous studs up, act of thuggery (a point you agreed with).

Or

A horrendously mistimed tackle?

Sorry, last post... Blah blah blah....

Yup you got me, I should not have agreed with the "act of thuggery" (although from reading the rest of my posts you probably know I didn't, but hey, fire in if it helps your argument)

You make it hard to make my last post as you keep spouting pish!!

Edited by dmc

No you shouldn't.

You probably shouldn't use the word rakes to describe stud marks on his leg. That infers intention to damage, as in he raked his studs down his leg.

Well there was at least 6" stud "rake" marks down Stirlings leg!

Despite picking up over 100 yellow cards during his time with Saints I never really regarded HM as a dirty player, many of these bookings were for tackles made to prevent a scoring opportunity for the opposition without injuring the player and latterly it seemed his reputation preceeded him and he picked up a yellow for quite innocuous challenges, often for a lot less than other players seemed to get away with - the proof of this is he only got 4 red cards whilst at Saints.

The OP is obviously looking to generate a bit of controversy here by posting about a tackle no Saints fans is likely to have seen but having read the thread on the Morton supporters site there seems to be some doubt as to whether the tackle was malicious or mistimed - I'd be surprised if it was the former.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just saw the highlights of the Morton v Thistle game, and it has to be said the incident in question was far from malicious in fact it looks like nothing more than a 50/50 challenge and unfortunately the lad Stirling get's hurt in the sort of challenge you'll see up and down the country in most games.

Sad that he's got a broken leg but imho there was no intent from Shuggie to deliberately hurt the lad.

Shuggie's a tough player, but he's also a great professional. In all the years he was a St Mirren player, I'd never seen him duck out of a 50/50, but I simply don't believe that he would go into a challenge with the intention of hurting anyone. It's a real shame that the guy's suffered a terrible injury but it doesn't make Shuggie a thug. A poor tackle, maybe, an act of thuggery? I don't think so...

Just saw the highlights of the Morton v Thistle game, and it has to be said the incident in question was far from malicious in fact it looks like nothing more than a 50/50 challenge and unfortunately the lad Stirling get's hurt in the sort of challenge you'll see up and down the country in most games.

Sad that he's got a broken leg but imho there was no intent from Shuggie to deliberately hurt the lad.

Mate, that camera angle shows nothing! Like I've said, doubt there was any malice, but it was horribly mistimed! For the record I have it on good authority that Murray has been in contact with Stephen Stirling apologising for the tackle! Maybe he realised it was mistimed too!

Mate, that camera angle shows nothing! Like I've said, doubt there was any malice, but it was horribly mistimed! For the record I have it on good authority that Murray has been in contact with Stephen Stirling apologising for the tackle! Maybe he realised it was mistimed too!

FFS let this go or take it away from here.

It's a very thin thread related to St Mirren but really should be on another teams forum.

You have said, about 1200 times, thanks for the input. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

FFS let this go or take it away from here.

It's a very thin thread related to St Mirren but really should be on another teams forum.

You have said, about 1200 times, thanks for the input. snore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gifsnore.gif

I'm only replying to what other St Mirren forum members are posting, I never started the thread, so I, like yourself, are only responding to what other forum members are posting!

And for the record I'm probably more qualified than you to post on this forum & I've only been to Greenhill Road once in the past year & a bit!!!tongue.png

I can only give an honest opinion of what I saw of the incident on the highlights mate, it looks to me as if it was accidental but hey ho we all see it differently. I'm not surprised Shuggie has been in contact with the lad to offer an apology as he would probably have been upset to find out that the injury was serious.

I stand by what I said in that it may have been as you say mistimed but it was not intentional.

I can only give an honest opinion of what I saw of the incident on the highlights mate, it looks to me as if it was accidental but hey ho we all see it differently. I'm not surprised Shuggie has been in contact with the lad to offer an apology as he would probably have been upset to find out that the injury was serious.

I stand by what I said in that it may have been as you say mistimed but it was not intentional.

That's what I've been saying all along, Has ANYONE been reading my posts lol

I'm only replying to what other St Mirren forum members are posting, I never started the thread, so I, like yourself, are only responding to what other forum members are posting!

And for the record I'm probably more qualified than you to post on this forum & I've only been to Greenhill Road once in the past year & a bit!!!tongue.png

Most seasons you would be correct. However you're wrang, I'm miles in front of you, twice this season already, and 2 away games. king.gif

Supporter of the year. clap.gif