Hugh Murray

That's a fair point but i don't think Shug will be taking great pleasure at the result of the tackle though

I'm sure he won't, and neither am I, but I do find it strange that this person feels the need to start a topic on a St Mirren forum about a player who no longer plays for us. His user name says it all, he does not expect to see us next season as a result of his clubs efforts, it will occur due to our misdeeds and this individual would rather see us fail than his own team succeed.

I'm sure he won't,1. and neither am I, but I do find it strange that this person feels the need to start a topic on a St Mirren forum about a player who no longer plays for us. His user name says it all, 2.he does not expect to see us next season as a result of his clubs efforts, it will occur due to our misdeeds and this individual would rather see us fail than his own team succeed.

1."Shug has merely augmented his legendary status with his latest act.smile.png"...bit contradictory is it not??

2. That's a bit paranoid, is it not?

1."Shug has merely augmented his legendary status with his latest act.smile.png"...bit contradictory is it not??

2. That's a bit paranoid, is it not?

Paranoid perhaps but true certainly. And as for the first statement nothing like winding up the unwashed.

We're playing Celtic next - if Joe Ledley is involved in a similar tackle with a St Mirren player, will any of us go onto a Cardiff City fan forum to let them know all about it?

No. Don't think so.

Hope the Morton lad makes a full and speedy recovery.

We're playing Celtic next - if Joe Ledley is involved in a similar tackle with a St Mirren player, will any of us go onto a Cardiff City fan forum to let them know all about it?

No. Don't think so.

Hope the Morton lad makes a full and speedy recovery.

Think there's quite a difference.

He played for us for well over 10 years. We still have our own threads popping up about 'Sir Shug' and even one where various people on here are discussing heading to Partick on our free week purely to support 'Sir Shug'.

The only issue I have is the OP labelling the incident as an "act of thuggery".

Think there's quite a difference.

He played for us for well over 10 years. We still have our own threads popping up about 'Sir Shug' and even one where various people on here are discussing heading to Partick on our free week purely to support 'Sir Shug'.

The only issue I have is the OP labelling the incident as an "act of thuggery".

As you get older you get slower and slam into quicker, younger guys even when you really don't mean to do so. :(

This would be the simple explanation for Shug...

As this appears to be a thread dedicated to excusery, my belief is that the OP Greenockian was merely indulging his native literary sensitivity by attempting to deploy alliteration in a subliminal manner. Eg Shug/thug, shuggery/thuggery.

I'm sure no malice was intended by Shug nor by the poet manqué...

He went in over the top of the ball & left some horrendous stud marks right up Stirlings leg!!!thumbdown.gif

You are aware that Mr Hugh Murray now plays for the Patick Thistle professional football club and not the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

As such I feel that your lust for argument may be better served by starting a similiar thread on a Partick Thistle football supporters internet forum as such a forum will be viewed and commented on by supporters of the Partick Thistle professional football club.

It is always unfortunate when any individual suffers a serious injury but in essence this has nothing to do with the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co or its supporters.

In short, what I am really trying to say is "off you pop and have a bath".

This is a refrence to the fact that the Greenock dwellers who are posting on this forum should find something better to do with there time and as I regard them as unclean, they should have a good old fashioned wash.

You are aware that Mr Hugh Murray now plays for the Patick Thistle professional football club and not the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co.

As such I feel that your lust for argument may be better served by starting a similiar thread on a Partick Thistle football supporters internet forum as such a forum will be viewed and commented on by supporters of the Partick Thistle professional football club.

It is always unfortunate when any individual suffers a serious injury but in essence this has nothing to do with the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co or its supporters.

In short, what I am really trying to say is "off you pop and have a bath".

This is a refrence to the fact that the Greenock dwellers who are posting on this forum should find something better to do with there time and as I regard them as unclean, they should have a good old fashioned wash.

I never started the thread, merely posting on it, like yourself!

Ross County come up and give us 2 home gates of 3500.....ICT get 2 gates of 6500. Dundee come up and give us 2 home gates of 4500 and Utd 2 x 10,000. But hey I'm with you Scott..lets hope Morton stay down and we never have a derby that means anything ever again.

If the success of Morton is that important to you then go and support them. After 10000 Hours you'll be used to backing hopeless causes.