Steve Simonsen

Lex

Or that he's on the way down - Tranmere to Everton to Stoke to Sheffield United to Preston to Dundee indicates his best years are way behind him.

That doesn't necessarily mean he's not good enough for SPL level though. He was ok for Dundee any time I saw him.

Or he wants to play first team football. It would be easy for a keeper to sit as back up in a team like Tranmere, Sheffield Utd or Preston, probably on more money than in the SPL. I guess from his stoke and everton days he will have enough behind him to be comfortable financially and enjoy playing for a club that plays less but gives him first team football.

Maybe we are working on other options?

Just because he's available, doesn't necessarily mean he's the best that's available.

At 34 he won't come cheap and it may well be that his best years are behind him.

If there's a better option available than a guy with significant EPL and Championship experience available I can't wait to see him.

He signed for Dundee and said that he enjoyed his time in Scotland and would like to play there again. He said there had been interest from Aberdeen and St Mirren. I can't imagine he would be too expensive.

If there's a better option available than a guy with significant EPL and Championship experience available I can't wait to see him.

He signed for Dundee and said that he enjoyed his time in Scotland and would like to play there again. He said there had been interest from Aberdeen and St Mirren. I can't imagine he would be too expensive.

To be fair though at the time he moved to Dundee, he was wasn't even first choice at a League One club.

And his EPL experience was 10+ years previously.

ETA: Apparently he's not too good at penalties either.......

Edited by ds10

Derek McInnes has told him to leave

We won't be able to offer him the wages Aberdeen are paying him. He has a year left on his deal, so why wouldn't he do what Mair is doing with us? Is there a link to McInnes wanting rid of him? Can't see anything about it.

I've never rated Langfield. If he did come to Saints, I would get right behind him (at least for half the match, as I generally sit in the South Stand), but wouldn't be too bowled over if he signed on.

I've never rated Langfield. If he did come to Saints, I would get right behind him (at least for half the match, as I generally sit in the South Stand), but wouldn't be too bowled over if he signed on.

If he reads that we've nae chance, poor guy, scared away from St Mirren by the keeper of the shed.

Next you'll be chaining him in your shed? whistling.gif

If he reads that we've nae chance, poor guy, scared away from St Mirren by the keeper of the shed.

Next you'll be chaining him in your shed? whistling.gif

I was just down in the shed stroking some balls.

Practising my swinging, you understand.

You are welcome to join me anytimewub.png