V Charlton Athletic 13/07/2013 (Pre-Season Friendly)

Friendly in blistering heat with almost two Saints teams put out which will be a mix of both when the season starts . Shocking Danny Lennon you should be sacked for this I mean a warm up game and we are losing it’s totally unacceptable. Oh dear the old firm fans have not got a look in on some of our support. Go take a cool drink fool of ice guys

Friendly in blistering heat with almost two Saints teams put out which will be a mix of both when the season starts . Shocking Danny Lennon you should be sacked for this I mean a warm up game and we are losing it’s totally unacceptable. Oh dear the old firm fans have not got a look in on some of our support. Go take a cool drink fool of ice guys

I think the criticism is firmly tongue in cheek.

Are we the last SPL team to play a friendly? From a cursory glance i think we are, interesting.

Obviously can't read to much into the result, the first real pre season test will be at home to the manky mob next week.

Nothing tae worry about.

A meaningless kickaboot friendly.

We are still League Cup Holders.

It's only the Green Verrmin who dinnae play friendlies. ( And The Newcunto F.C. iwhen Bristol City hump them later. )

Bring on Inverness Caledonian Thistle ( The real deal )

To put it in some perspective it's Charlton's third pre-season game in the week. They are well ahead of us in terms of match practice and quite likely fitness.

This is a good point. The question is, why are they? We start our season on the same day. Why are they well ahead of us in match practice and fitness?

If we can keep that starting XI fit we'll be fine for next season. Squad is a little thin though, couple of loan signings to boost the numbers.

Starting 11 does look no bad but i think we need at least 3 loan signings to come in. Left sided defender and 2 forwards at least.

I think Reilly is injury prone and the couple of games he played for us he was then out for a time due to injury

If we can keep that starting XI fit we'll be fine for next season. Squad is a little thin though, couple of loan signings to boost the numbers.

Cornell, van Zanten, McAusland, Goodwin, Kelly, McLean, McGowan, McGinn, Teale, Harkins, Thompson.

That starting XI? What do you mean by 'fine?'.