Bbc Sportsound 6.10 Pm.

shull

If he was referring to the LC, then he'd have referred to it.

He's lost the plot and there was umpteen ridiculous comments from him last night. 'Danny Lennon shows great passion on the touchline' was another belter.

It was pretty obvious he was referring to it. I doubt very much he forgot he was playing in the team that won the Scottish Cup in 87.

He clearly stated we won a trophy for the first time in out history, considering we have won the scottish cup three times (one of which he played in) which trophy we had won for the first time in our history do you think he would be referring to?

Never mind about that. Tony is a legend. He has never pretended to be a public speaker. Shame on anyone picking away, trying to catch him out. You couldn't lace his boots.

What about that bluenose Chic Young still masquerading as a Bud. He should be barred out of Love Street on sight.

A club legend an ex manager is never going to do anything other than give support to the manager at a difficult time, and that's the way it should be. However, it's clear to everyone on this forum and all supporters that things are going very badly at the moment, and that morale seems to be rock bottom. It's at times like these, when it is increasingly difficult to show it, that support is more needed.

I will be completely honest and say that I do not see a future for Danny at the club beyond the next few weeks, but I will give him my support until the board decide that enough is enough, however difficult it may be for me to give that support.

To be honest, what I feel more than anything right now is very sad, that it's come to this after such an enormous high earlier in the year. That's football, and that's what it's like to support a wee team like ours. Wouldn't change it for the world though.

I can assure you if i thought he was talking sense i would say so .It was a load of pish the guy aint got a clue as some other posters have allready said.but you just pick up on my post.

'Cos it was ironic? Cos YOU do talk pish ALL of the time.

If he was referring to the LC, then he'd have referred to it.

He's lost the plot and there was umpteen ridiculous comments from him last night. 'Danny Lennon shows great passion on the touchline' was another belter.

yes thought this was a strange comment as danny very seldom comes out of the dugout,maybe more so on Saturday but still very scarce

yes thought this was a strange comment as danny very seldom comes out of the dugout,maybe more so on Saturday but still very scarce

Why does a manager need to be jumping up and down on the touchline top be passionate? Jim McLean used to take in most of his matches from the stand - admittedly it was because the referee had generally sent him there - but few could deny his passion. If I had to watch St Mirren play I'd prefer to do it in a reclined position with my eyes shut - hopefully not snoring too loudly so as not to disturb anyone in the silence of a home St Mirren crowd. Who can blame Danny Lennon if he prefers to sit down and cover his eyes with his hands

Why does a manager need to be jumping up and down on the touchline top be passionate? Jim McLean used to take in most of his matches from the stand - admittedly it was because the referee had generally sent him there - but few could deny his passion. If I had to watch St Mirren play I'd prefer to do it in a reclined position with my eyes shut - hopefully not snoring too loudly so as not to disturb anyone in the silence of a home St Mirren crowd. Who can blame Danny Lennon if he prefers to sit down and cover his eyes with his hands

isn't really not funny mate ,,but I have watched every away manager at smp since we moved there and I cant think of 1 who sits in the dugout ,ive watched the dafty lennon be 5 up and still giving his players shit for not moving to receive a pass ,while danny hides kidding on its not happening.i know butcher is a clown but he never stops giving his players stick ,also pardew never stopped telling his playerts what to do for 90 mins ,but hey he is only a premiership manager so cant teach danny a thing

isn't really not funny mate ,,but I have watched every away manager at smp since we moved there and I cant think of 1 who sits in the dugout ,ive watched the dafty lennon be 5 up and still giving his players shit for not moving to receive a pass ,while danny hides kidding on its not happening.i know butcher is a clown but he never stops giving his players stick ,also pardew never stopped telling his playerts what to do for 90 mins ,but hey he is only a premiership manager so cant teach danny a thing

Harry Redknapp and Roy Hodgson watch football sitting down. So did Sir Alex.....well unless he wanted to give the officials pelters - but what would they know, after all I'm sure they could all do with learning from Terry Butcher and Alan Pardew :rolleyes:

On coaching courses DL will have been told that ranting and raving on the touchline at your players doesn't work, and instead of enhancing their performance it actually distracts them. Each manager has their own style but I find it hard to believe that Danny Lennon screaming at his players all game long is going to improve performances or get results. The problem is much deeper than that. It lies in the fact that St Mirren simply cannot attract a better quality of footballer. Whether that's down to the clubs reputation or it's wage budget is open to speculation.

Harry Redknapp and Roy Hodgson watch football sitting down. So did Sir Alex.....well unless he wanted to give the officials pelters - but what would they know, after all I'm sure they could all do with learning from Terry Butcher and Alan Pardew rolleyes.gif

On coaching courses DL will have been told that ranting and raving on the touchline at your players doesn't work, and instead of enhancing their performance it actually distracts them. Each manager has their own style but I find it hard to believe that Danny Lennon screaming at his players all game long is going to improve performances or get results. The problem is much deeper than that. It lies in the fact that St Mirren simply cannot attract a better quality of footballer. Whether that's down to the clubs reputation or it's wage budget is open to speculation.

good couple of guys there mate ,1 got his team relegated ,not the 1st time in his career and roy is a pure coach ,,i didn't mean stand on touchline shouting abuse at players ..but telling players what you expect and maybe where to be or go ,is part of every other managers job ,but danny doesn't do this .maybe that is why we are where we are

good couple of guys there mate ,1 got his team relegated ,not the 1st time in his career and roy is a pure coach ,,i didn't mean stand on touchline shouting abuse at players ..but telling players what you expect and maybe where to be or go ,is part of every other managers job ,but danny doesn't do this .maybe that is why we are where we are

And what's Pardews record? Sacked at West Ham after their worst run of results in 70 years. Relegation from the Premiership at Charlton - and sacked as the club dropped into the bottom three in the Championship. At Southampton he was sacked amidst reports of low player morale, and currently at Newcastle fans are heavily critical of him and he's one of the managers most under pressure - besides Paulo Di Canio who is a raving lunatic in the style that you appear to love and deem successful.

Hodgson is one of the most respected managers in Europe, Redknapp is regarded as one of the top English managers, and Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best in the world.

The issues at Paisley are far deeper than having a manager that watches football from the dug out. Watching him rant and rave might appease the support for a few minutes, but the results won't change while the club fail to attract better players.

At the moment it's mostly TC giving instructions. That's worrying in itself when you consider Charlerois (spelling) sacked him after 5 months. We have a Manager who sort of got 2 promotions and an Assistant who's not really done much...the fud in W1 could assistant manage Celtic to a league win.

Barcelona, Dortmund or Wimbledon needs to be Danny's first decision. Lord forbid he plays a 4-4-2 and gets the team to defend, play through midfield, get it wide and put it in the box.

Podcast. 9 mins;

"He's won a major trophy for the first time ever in the clubs' history".

And that is the truth, although admitedly he could have put it better by being more specific and naming the actual trophy.

However, what if he had said, "He's won a major trophy that the club had never won before"? That would be more obviously true, but is obviously still exactly what he was meaning.

If more people had Tony's attitude to this Club, it would be in better shape and this discussion board would not be nearly so negative.

Long live King Tony - a true St Mirren legend.

And that is the truth, although admitedly he could have put it better by being more specific and naming the actual trophy.

However, what if he had said, "He's won a major trophy that the club had never won before"? That would be more obviously true, but is obviously still exactly what he was meaning.

If more people had Tony's attitude to this Club, it would be in better shape and this discussion board would not be nearly so negative.

Long live King Tony - a true St Mirren legend.

Yeh, exactly.

Pretty sure Tony is aware that he lifted the Scottish Cup in 87.

And what's Pardews record? Sacked at West Ham after their worst run of results in 70 years. Relegation from the Premiership at Charlton - and sacked as the club dropped into the bottom three in the Championship. At Southampton he was sacked amidst reports of low player morale, and currently at Newcastle fans are heavily critical of him and he's one of the managers most under pressure - besides Paulo Di Canio who is a raving lunatic in the style that you appear to love and deem successful.

Hodgson is one of the most respected managers in Europe, Redknapp is regarded as one of the top English managers, and Ferguson is widely regarded as one of the best in the world.

The issues at Paisley are far deeper than having a manager that watches football from the dug out. Watching him rant and rave might appease the support for a few minutes, but the results won't change while the club fail to attract better players.

I was with you until you mentioned Hodgson. The man's a dinosaur, and it pleases me greatly to have him in charge of the England national team - he has set them back years.

lol.gif