The Cup Final Revisited

Sorry , but it doesn't wash. Looks like we give him a different reason every week that saves his skin , this time because he came to a cup final thingy. The cup final was six months ago , and he's f**ked the club since then , he must go , nice guy or not !

Sorry , but it doesn't wash. Looks like we give him a different reason every week that saves his skin , this time because he came to a cup final thingy. The cup final was six months ago , and he's f**ked the club since then , he must go , nice guy or not !

The fact that I WANT him to succeed, doesn't change the fact that I don't think he has it in him to do so.

It's not enough to save his skin. It was however, a brave thing to do in the face of relentless scrutiny,

The fact that I WANT him to succeed, doesn't change the fact that I don't think he has it in him to do so.

It's not enough to save his skin. It was however, a brave thing to do in the face of relentless scrutiny,

Wouldn't rise to it mate, some people don't seem to realise that whether or not you think Danny is the man for the job he is a credit to himself by attending tonight and speaking to fans. He genuinely seems like a really good guy.

Wouldn't rise to it mate, some people don't seem to realise that whether or not you think Danny is the man for the job he is a credit to himself by attending tonight and speaking to fans. He genuinely seems like a really good guy.

I don't doubt that he is a " really good guy " , unfortunately that won't keep us in the SPL which is far more important than conducting oneself with dignity at a back-slapping session !

I really enjoyed the cup final night, a big thanks and well done to all involved, the players and more importantly the manager were given great support and encouragement from all who were in attendance.

Jim Goodwin's joke about Isma being one of the highlights of the night. smile.png

Let's be having it.

He has? He is not the only one. While I am utterly puzzled by his team selection / tactics at times there is more to this than 1 man.

Why is the board so quiet? Why no more signings pre-season? Why can't we see out a lead against thistle etc?

Was a great night. Well done to all involved. If we ever needed reminding that we are all part of something that can be truly uplifting, last night was it. Yes, things are grim at the moment and DL has made mistakes, but the guy spoke really well last night and to even be there he deserves a huge dollop of respect as many "football" people would have found an excuse to miss it. Well done to the players too. They were great value and its the best I've seen them perform for a while!! At times Danny was quite emotional, especially when his sons were on screen, clearly proud of their Dad. He may be a lot of things but he is a really decent and genuine human being and should be shown respect. We are not yet detached from anyone in the league and on balance I would be inclined to give him until the end of the first quarter to turn things round and I really hope he does because nothing would give me greater pleasure than seeing a good guy like that get his reward.

Is this The same "good guy" that accused John Robertson of lying about injury when he had to pull out in the warm up, then hounding him out of the club, this player had just bought a house and is forced to go part time coz Danny know longer wanted him around (this I know for a fact is true ) the "good guy" image he likes to give off in public is far from that behind the scenes ......[/

Edited by gazmc83

gazmc83

No one forced Robbo to do anything. He had a full time contract and was offered the opportunity of guaranteed regular football at Cowdenbeath and took it. His contract with SMFC was fully paid up (otherwise wee Fraser Wishart would have been in to see SG). I also said that DL has made mistakes, unlike some on this forum it would seem.

Is this The same "good guy" that accused John Robertson of lying about injury when he had to pull out in the warm up, then hounding him out of the club, this player had just bought a house and is forced to go part time coz Danny know longer wanted him around (this I know for a fact is true ) the "good guy" image he likes to give off in public is far from that behind the scenes ......[/

Like it or not, Jon Robertson's arse DID collapse when he was told he was starting at RB and pulled out.

Whether Lennon wanted him out or not, he gave him a chance to show what he could do, and Robertson bottled it.

The 8 players who started the cup final who are still at the club were all there - Teale, Thompson, DVZ, McAusland, Goodwin, McGinn, Newton and McGowan. All were in good form.

Was a great turn-out, roughly 120-130 I'd say.

Good stuff.Happy it went well and sorry I couldn't make it.

gazmc83

No one forced Robbo to do anything. He had a full time contract and was offered the opportunity of guaranteed regular football at Cowdenbeath and took it. His contract with SMFC was fully paid up (otherwise wee Fraser Wishart would have been in to see SG). I also said that DL has made mistakes, unlike some on this forum it would seem.

Why would I guy who has a mortgage to pay quit full time football? robbo is a family friend of mine and I know exactly what happened , he pulled up with a thigh strain in warm up and as any pro would informed the manager who then accused him of being unprofessional , John was just one of host of players that Danny signed then decided that he no longer required them at the club

Like it or not, Jon Robertson's arse DID collapse when he was told he was starting at RB and pulled out.

Whether Lennon wanted him out or not, he gave him a chance to show what he could do, and Robertson bottled it.[/quote

Absolute nonsense he had an injury and like any sensible pro informed his manager of that , Danny wanted him out and got his wish , I am just highlighting the fact the john is a just one of a number of players that lennon signed then decided he wanted rid of

Whether Lennon wanted him out or not, he gave him a chance to show what he could do, and Robertson bottled it.[/quote

Absolute nonsense he had an injury and like any sensible pro informed his manager of that , Danny wanted him out and got his wish , I am just highlighting the fact the john is a just one of a number of players that lennon signed then decided he wanted rid of

Has it never crossed your mind that the boys not good enough for top flight football?

Family friend so he must be a brilliant player!!

ame="gazmc83" post="1112886" timestamp="1379945373"]

Has it never crossed your mind that the boys not good enough for top flight football?

Family friend so he must be a brilliant player!!

Wish it had crossed Danny's mind that he wasn't good enough , before he signed him on a PC !

I don't doubt that he is a " really good guy " , unfortunately that won't keep us in the SPL which is far more important than conducting oneself with dignity at a back-slapping session !

Wasn't a back slapping session, it was a night out to raise much needed funds for the club, the club you support, 3k raised not a bad back slapping session