New Cafe Tea Room In Paisley - Ta Ta Bella's

Gordon Urquhart

I THINK I do...

Despite what this song below suggests, he used to stand in the middle of Barr Street and do his thing on the cobbles/causeys( which are starting to peek oot fae ablow the Tarmac, I noticed last time I was there...)

https://soundcloud.com/gerrypaterson/ta-ta-bella

I THINK I do...

Despite what this song below suggests, he used to stand in the middle of Barr Street and do his thing on the cobbles/causeys( which are starting to peek oot fae ablow the Tarmac, I noticed last time I was there...)

https://soundcloud.com/gerrypaterson/ta-ta-bella

I was talking to my son half an hour ago and he said he read something the other day which said that Ta Ta was often seen in the Well Street area in the early 50's. I'll try to post something if he can dig it up again.

Unbelievable, isn't it, how something good and positive like a new small business opening can, in this forum, become a bitch fest.

Guest somner9

I was talking to my son half an hour ago and he said he read something the other day which said that Ta Ta was often seen in the Well Street area in the early 50's. I'll try to post something if he can dig it up again.

Unbelievable, isn't it, how something good and positive like a new small business opening can, in this forum, become a bitch fest.

Unbelievable that someone can identify that he was a tramp/jakey and get pelters for it. But everyone else can fondly recall goading said tramp into psychotic episodes for their own amusement..!

But hey you're right it shouldn't be a source of inter-buddy-bitching on here. especially since there's a brand new cafe where everyone can go reminisce about the gool old days when they used to call him till he lost it. Maybe we could start a 'head-stick-smack' at the game this week to fondly remember another unfortunate paisley resident goaded ceaselessly for amusement.

Unbelievable that someone can identify that he was a tramp/jakey and get pelters for it. But everyone else can fondly recall goading said tramp into psychotic episodes for their own amusement..!

But hey you're right it shouldn't be a source of inter-buddy-bitching on here. especially since there's a brand new cafe where everyone can go reminisce about the gool old days when they used to call him till he lost it. Maybe we could start a 'head-stick-smack' at the game this week to fondly remember another unfortunate paisley resident goaded ceaselessly for amusement.

I haven't seen anyBuddie 'fondly remembering' goading him ceaselessly...? :unsure:

You've made that up.

I don't believe it's true that Ta Ta was goaded by one and all. I was told that he was quite a character who enjoyed his notoriety. My grandmother kind of knew him and she always said he was a play actor who knew precisely what he was at. I don't doubt he got some degree of ribbing. It always has gone on. Still does. Just look at this forum. Show a little weakness and you will get pounced upon.

Guest somner9

I haven't seen anyBuddie 'fondly remembering' goading him ceaselessly...? unsure.png

You've made that up.

f**king Bingo..!

Neither have I, and that's why i didn't write the quote you are referencing in my post!!!

You just f**king made it up!!!

But hey why let the truth spoil the fun..? it's all getting very 10000 (muddled/confused/cliques) hours in here

Edited by somner9

Oh really?

There is also another post which I cannot quote because the thread it is in is locked. rolleyes.gif

Well done, I have used it before. Not in the context you said I had, but, yes, I was wrong, I did use it in a sentence.

Now find where I used it off my own back as opposed to one where I paraphrased what someone I was replying to had already said.

Well done, I have used it before. Not in the context you said I had, but, yes, I was wrong, I did use it in a sentence.

Now find where I used it off my own back as opposed to one where I paraphrased what someone I was replying to had already said.

Sometimes Max's car breaks down.

Does that get the ok?

Would I be better saying Max is a lunatic?

You chose. ;)

You did use if off your own back as you put it! The post before didn't use the word meltdown in regard to the SNP. You also used it in a post aimed at me in one particular thread (which I noticed is now conveniently closed).

This was all you needed to say instead of all the other w*nky, "I think I'm smarter than you and everyone else on here" bollocks.rolleyes.gif

The post before? Really? Did I say the post before?

And (maybe) not everyone else on here, but you? f**k yeah!

DMC forgot to mention that he may have been a afro-caribbean transexual, ya sexist racist.

I'm off to think of other things the poor man might have been so that I can get upset about it, Hopefully, i can also goad someone into heaping disability-discriminatory abuse on the head of "Hirstling Kate" to feed my vicarious sense of hurt and outrage

oh no i've outraged another,wink.png tis clear i need to stop posting opinions, in case someone on the same thread happens to maybe be suffering from "opinionphobia". And i'm keeping a low profile on the hirstling kate person, just in case anyone remembers thinking that they might have heard something about her shortcomings be they mental or otherwise

Edited by buddiecat

It's a hard market to crack , there are several coffee type shops within a small area between Leisureland and the Uni . Cardosi's and Malatso are fairly well established. A friend of mine owned the choc/coffee shop (the closest shop to the uni) a few years back but despite his time and effort he couldn't make it work. All the best with the project anyway !

When Coffee and Cream closed down an application was submitted to open a Kebab shop there.I still own a flat in that area of the High St so I immediately got on to the other owners to get objections against the plan in to the Cooncil.

It looks like this worked so I look forward to my freebie afternoon tea in Tatas in the near future.:)