New Cafe Tea Room In Paisley - Ta Ta Bella's

Gordon Urquhart

For those that know me, my sister Hilary Smith has taken over the old Coffee and Cream cafe on Paisley High Street and re-named it Ta Ta Bella's, directly opposite the Library and Museum.

She has some back story but suffice to say Hilary always wanted to run her own tea room and is now living the dream.

It opened on Friday after a first phase refurbishment of the main cafe seating area and has a kind of retro Paisley theme.

Lovely home made (by her) cakes, sandwiches, breakfasts, cake stand style high teas, etc.

Nice Paisley pictures and artwork, open 9-5 Mon to Sat.

Was there today so highly recommend, spread the word and give a new local business a go.

All Buddies and Black and White Army regulars welcome!

thumbup2.gif

Good luck with this venture and as a genuinely Paisley thing, everyone should get behind it. Ta Ta Bella as far as I can remember from history lessons, was a Paisley worthy who went around the back doors of Feegie and the West End looking for bric-a-brac and stuff to sell. Can't remember what era off the top off my head but post war or so.

I think he used to entertain the weans, who in return would shout out " Ta Ta Bella, yer beard's aw yella!" It's all written down somewhere and I'm aff tae bed. (burp)

named after a tramp who raked the bins ? think i'll give it a miss

Named after a Paisley character who has been fondly remembered long after he has left us. Will people remember you in such a way?

Ta Ta Bella, now there is a name that is a blast from the past. Is it just me or is society devoid of such characters nowadays?

I shall be in for a black coffee and a morning roll (or scone) toward the middle of the week. Looking forward to it and good luck with your venture. The High street is in need of independently run businesses like this that are not betting establishments or pound shops.

Named after a Paisley character who has been fondly remembered long after he has left us. Will people remember you in such a way?

Ta Ta Bella, now there is a name that is a blast from the past. Is it just me or is society devoid of such characters nowadays?

I shall be in for a black coffee and a morning roll (or scone) toward the middle of the week. Looking forward to it and good luck with your venture. The High street is in need of independently run businesses like this that are not betting establishments or pound shops.

no. people will remember me for being a hard working normal type of guy, and thankfully society nowadays does not give "characters" like him the time of day,

thankfully society nowadays does not give "characters" like him the time of day,

From what has been written about this poor person it sounds as though he may have had some mental issues, so I would hope society nowdays would have plenty of time for him!

That post made you sound like a complete bellend.

Wrt Fs's comment.....

The rhyme about him that I recall singing/chanting was...

"Ta Ta Bella, yer bum's aw yella".

I remember no beard...

It was definitely 'bum' we chanted too. I confess to having a fixation about bums but only the female versions.

From what has been written about this poor person it sounds as though he may have had some mental issues, so I would hope society nowdays would have plenty of time for him!

That post made you sound like a complete bellend.

and what about "it sounds as though he may have had mental issues" - you don't know if he did or not , but your happy to label him as having them - silly boy

Edited by buddiecat