New Cafe Tea Room In Paisley - Ta Ta Bella's

Gordon Urquhart

and what about "it sounds as though he may have had mental issues" - you don't know if he did or not , but your happy to label him as having them - silly boy

Obviously I don't know, that's why I said may have had!

You still sound like a bellend!

Obviously I don't know, that's why I said may have had!

You still sound like a bellend!

you still labeled him, can you not admit you were wrong to post that assumption, and do try to post without childish name calling, try grown up words like misinformed,fool,idiot etc,

but i am glad you have stated you like the "sound" of my typewritten words,

you still labeled him, can you not admit you were wrong to post that assumption, and do try to post without childish name calling, try grown up words like misinformed,fool,idiot etc,

but i am glad you have stated you like the "sound" of my typewritten words,

I didn't label him or assume anything, in actual fact it was you who labelled him a "tramp"

I didn't label him or assume anything, in actual fact it was you who labelled him a "tramp"

check the photo of him - and the story, he was what was commonly known as a tramp, no mention of him having any mental illness though, and saying he may have had mental health issues does promote the idea that he did have

Edited by buddiecat

check the photo of him - and the story, he was what was commonly known as a tramp, no mention of him having any mental illness though, and saying he may have had mental health issues does promote the idea that he did have

So you admit you labelled him?

ETA....No more from me on this subject, as ZA pointed out the thread has been hijacked enough!

Edited by dmc

I feel that Buddiecat's post has been totally misinterpreted. His post did not suggest in any way that the man who has obviously gone down in Paisley's history suffered from any illness, mental or otherwise. I'll accept that the way of saying he wouldn't be frequenting the Tea Room named after the character in question may have looked harsh but from reading other posts by Buddiecat I would say he was not having a personal go at anyone living or dead. Mental Illness was mentioned by DMC - not by Buddiecat and so I have to feel that Buddiecat seems to have been made as some kind of scapegoat just because people weren't happy with him.

While we're on the subject, there are people on here so seem to think its ok to crack jokes about people with mental health problems and I was surprised to see Faraway Saint "liking" DMC's remark about Ta Ta Bella perhaps having mental health issues so we should be sensitive about such things. Faraway loves using the word "meltdown" on a regular basis and so do FTOF, Oaksoft and Salmon Buddie and Faraway does seem to like having a pop at people with these kinds of health problems. Perhaps the people who jumped on Buddiecat so to speak would be better looking at other posters.

Lunatic. ;)

FWIW, IIRC...

Ta Ta Bella WAS thought to have mental issues. As a wean, I certainly thought he had and, in chanting the above rhyme at others , that was the message we weans were hoping to impart.

dmc was INDEED reading between the lines accurately from MY posts.

FWIW, IIRC...

Ta Ta Bella WAS thought to have mental issues. As a wean, I certainly thought he had and, in chanting the above rhyme at others , that was the message we weans were hoping to impart.

dmc was INDEED reading between the lines accurately from MY posts.

Did you actually see him? I thought he died in the 40's.

Named after a Paisley character who has been fondly remembered long after he has left us.  Will people remember you in such a way?

Ta Ta Bella, now there is a name that is a blast from the past.  Is it just me or is society devoid of such characters nowadays?

You've clearly never met Pishy Pete. Hangs around in paisley at the bus stops even though McGill's banned him for pissing all over then and never having money...

On the shop, good luck with it! Might take the girlfriend for lunch next week at some point! Doubt I could convince the boys to come after the game... Unless you have Tennents on tap.

Guest somner9

I love this forum, especially the 'Faux' outraged bellenders who sit around waiting to be offended about a tramp who died 40-50 years ago.

Then again maybe he was paisley's first 'Secret Millionaire' who would surely have donated the funds to enable the Fan Ownership banner to be unfurled above St Mirren park... if only all the 'Faux' outraged hadn't goaded him into a psychotic episode everytime he appeared in their street..!

Funny thing that reflection.... you sometimes seem to overlook it was indeed you making someone else's life a misery, but oh how no one should decry such a body as Ta Ta Bella now, now he's been sanctified and you've ignored your own collective conscience.

Ta ta Bella baiters... aye.. did ye?

I love this forum, especially the 'Faux' outraged bellenders who sit around waiting to be offended about a tramp who died 40-50 years ago.

Then again maybe he was paisley's first 'Secret Millionaire' who would surely have donated the funds to enable the Fan Ownership banner to be unfurled above St Mirren park... if only all the 'Faux' outraged hadn't goaded him into a psychotic episode everytime he appeared in their street..!

Funny thing that reflection.... you sometimes seem to overlook it was indeed you making someone else's life a misery, but oh how no one should decry such a body as Ta Ta Bella now, now he's been sanctified and you've ignored your own collective conscience.

Ta ta Bella baiters... aye.. did ye?

I'm not at all sure that I understood a single word of that.

While we're on the subject, there are people on here so seem to think its ok to crack jokes about people with mental health problems and I was surprised to see Faraway Saint "liking" DMC's remark about Ta Ta Bella perhaps having mental health issues so we should be sensitive about such things. Faraway loves using the word "meltdown" on a regular basis and so do FTOF, Oaksoft and Salmon Buddie and Faraway does seem to like having a pop at people with these kinds of health problems. Perhaps the people who jumped on Buddiecat so to speak would be better looking at other posters.

sad-smiley-001.gif

I'd love to see your evidence to back up your accusation against me.

I think you're making things up again.

I suggest you do a search, then edit your post accordingly.rolleyes.gif

and what about "it sounds as though he may have had mental issues" - you don't know if he did or not , but your happy to label him as having them - silly boy

DMC forgot to mention that he may have been a afro-caribbean transexual, ya sexist racist.

I'm off to think of other things the poor man might have been so that I can get upset about it, Hopefully, i can also goad someone into heaping disability-discriminatory abuse on the head of "Hirstling Kate" to feed my vicarious sense of hurt and outrage

Edited by beyond our ken