The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest TPAFKATS

The uk is effectively bankrupt - £1.3 Trillion in debt and yet still £100million a year in borrowing on top of that.

As of 2015 another £25bn a year in austerity cuts to come

The uk is effectively bankrupt - £1.3 Trillion in debt and yet still £100million a year in borrowing on top of that.

As of 2015 another £25bn a year in austerity cuts to come

Yeah very good Tony. Have a look at the UK public spending figures. The only government department spending less now than it did in 2009 is "General Government". Every single other department has had it's spending increased. I've proved this before of course but you insist on republishing the same old lies.

To refresh your memory this is the website that proves the point - http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/

Oh aye and as your great Jim Sillars helpfully pointed out the UK is not bankrupt. It can't be, because a large part of the national debt is owed to the UK Treasury thanks to Quantitative Easing.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Deary me. Where did I mention the word "conspiracy"?

The Nats like to moan about Westminster rule and how Scots would be better of running our own enconomy but the fact is that it was Scots who were at the heart of running the economy when the last recession hit. And Labour were in charge, not the Tories.

And the idea that massive financial institutions such as RBS ans HBOS played no part in the financial crisis is literally incredible.

Conspire means 'to join or act together' so when you listed Banks, Government and Prime Minister's office it was contextually clear that they had acted together and failed, from your post. Just because you didn't use the word 'conspiracy' does not mean you had not inferred it.

I did not use conspiracy, as in 'conspiracy theory'.

Deary me, indeed.

Edited by Bloomsbury Bud

Conspire means 'to join or act together' so when you listed Banks, Government and Prime Minister's office it was contextually clear that they had acted together and failed, from your post. Just because you didn't use the word 'conspiracy' does not mean you had not inferred it.

I did not use conspiracy, as in 'conspiracy theory'.

Deary me, indeed.

I agree with your post and the previous one. There was no conspiracy and what happened in Scotland contributed zippo to the recession. If any one person was culpable for being a bit player it was Gordon Brown when he was chancellor. I cannot believe that a guy with his intellect hadn't recognised what was going on particularly in the USA but in Europe too. He had to be hoping against hope and his better judgment that it wouldn't all go tits up. I was in a very minor way involved in the investment world and I had no doubt whatsoever during the noughties that it was going to end in tears. By that, I mean a big, big correction and a recession. I never for a second thought it would be the disaster that it became.

In your previous post you seemed to suggest the collapse was down to global easing of credit and although that was a big part of it I don't think it was that simple. I believe that Glass Seagall came into it which enabled American banks to to purchase high risk investments and alternatives with depositors cash. The regulation authorities sat on their fat arses doing nothing and the top ececutives of the credit rating agencies should be in jail. Along with many, many senior executives of banks worldwide. Many of those guys, like Brown, must have known the risks but they figured, correctly, that if the shit hit the fan they would get away with it and be allowed to keep their many millions, in some case billions. of earnings and go scot free.

I do think that a newly independent Scotland at that time would have been up to its neck in thick brown stuff if it did not have the support of the BoE and the British Government to rely on.

Guest TPAFKATS

So, what you are saying is that she is claiming that Campbell Gunn (I don't know him, he could be a nice guy, he could be a c**t) made one error - he claimed she was the daughter-in-law of Pat Lally.

Can you post a link to these abusive comments she claims she received? How many of them were inaccurate? What's her having a disabled child got to do with anything, other than trying to elicit sympathy?

Where in that does it say "The First Ministers office has been caught running a Cybernat smear campaign against the mother of a disabled child"? Can't see that anywhere in there.

Also, like Campbell Gunn, I don't know her so she could be a nice woman, she could be a c**t. I don't know if any, or how much, of this is true or not - and neither do you - it's just a newspaper article at this point and we know how they can be spun. It is a bit ironic that you are posting about claims that someone lied.

Indeed. Assume the evil cybernat, natsi, lines always blame the evil Al-iqsammin. Turns out once you get by the headline, there isn't a story.

Who is this 'normal' mother though?

Is it Claire Lally from clydebank who spoke at the BT event on Monday talking about wanting to save the uk and the nhs that had done so much for her disabled kid?

Or, is it Clare Lally from nearby Duntocher, who appeared in the Record in Aug 2012 having been a lifelong labour voter promoted to Johanns Labour shadow cabinet as it's first carers champion?

Hmmm....

Guest TPAFKATS

Yeah very good Tony. Have a look at the UK public spending figures. The only government department spending less now than it did in 2009 is "General Government". Every single other department has had it's spending increased. I've proved this before of course but you insist on republishing the same old lies.

To refresh your memory this is the website that proves the point - http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/

Oh aye and as your great Jim Sillars helpfully pointed out the UK is not bankrupt. It can't be, because a large part of the national debt is owed to the UK Treasury thanks to Quantitative Easing.

We covered all this month's ago and yet you still bring up the lies?

The Qe accounts for around a third of the debt, so that might make uk slightly less bankrupt. Woohoo, get out the flags, let's have a jubilee street party to celebrate!

Oh, hang on a minute. Scotland still has to pay back interest to the uk treasury on its share of all these debts.

I agree with your post and the previous one. There was no conspiracy and what happened in Scotland contributed zippo to the recession. If any one person was culpable for being a bit player it was Gordon Brown when he was chancellor. I cannot believe that a guy with his intellect hadn't recognised what was going on particularly in the USA but in Europe too. He had to be hoping against hope and his better judgment that it wouldn't all go tits up. I was in a very minor way involved in the investment world and I had no doubt whatsoever during the noughties that it was going to end in tears. By that, I mean a big, big correction and a recession. I never for a second thought it would be the disaster that it became.

In your previous post you seemed to suggest the collapse was down to global easing of credit and although that was a big part of it I don't think it was that simple. I believe that Glass Seagall came into it which enabled American banks to to purchase high risk investments and alternatives with depositors cash. The regulation authorities sat on their fat arses doing nothing and the top ececutives of the credit rating agencies should be in jail. Along with many, many senior executives of banks worldwide. Many of those guys, like Brown, must have known the risks but they figured, correctly, that if the shit hit the fan they would get away with it and be allowed to keep their many millions, in some case billions. of earnings and go scot free.

I do think that a newly independent Scotland at that time would have been up to its neck in thick brown stuff if it did not have the support of the BoE and the British Government to rely on.

Steagall but yes, that's what I suggested, thanks.

For long and weary, the Unionist campaign was seen, even by some of those in its own ranks, as coming across too negative, and they were trying hard to turn that round. Then they go and shoot themselves in the foot by dropping "Better Together" as a slogan, which seems to me a whole lot more positive than "No, thanks". It's like a wean being asked what they want for tea.

Sausages? No.

Pie? No.

Fish? No.

Pizza? No.

Soup? No.

Burger? No.

What do you want? Anything!!.

She's entitled to her opinion (I haven't read it, though) especially as she is eligible vote (I think she still lives I Edinburgh). Apart from that - who cares. A bit like the Sean Connery's of the world (though they can't vote) - everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if you are swayed by the opinion of a celebrity then you probably don't have the intellect to make a reasoned decision. Who made the original post again - oh, I was right.

I've hardly been swayed. I think there is more than enough evidence on here to show I was voting No long before JK Rowling wrote her blog. Maybe you missed it :rolleyes:

Well, why doesn't the UK govt just print an extra £1.3trillion and be out of debt altogether?

I see the Yes Campaign has plumbed new depths. The First Ministers office has been caught running a Cybernat smear campaign against the mother of a disabled child. The action was against parliamentary rules and it should lead to an instant resignation.

BpzKgFYIMAAl705.jpg

Ah - you mean THIS "ordinary" mum?

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/labours-carers-champion-1283062

Guest TPAFKATS

So can we expect that the press, who were so vocal in their recent articles condemning the weirs for donating some of their lottery win to yes campaign, will do likewise for Rowling tomorrow?

I'll no ne holding my breath in anticipation...

Its almost a week since i published the above and Stuart Dickson hasn't been able to prove that any one of the above weren't lies.

How can a person like this ever be trusted. He can't.

Did you 2 ever roll about that Wishaw football pitch?

I missed the outcome as I try to ignore the SMB.

Edited by davidg

Article about Fred Goodwin written by former Sunday Herald Financial editor Ian Fraser.

Point 12, is spot on. It's what my Dad used to tell us all at length about. I do remember him saying that the Clydesdale was delighted when he left.

It's a shameful bit of campaigning for both sides. The public are rapidly pissed off by that nonsense.

Seems that Rowling has been subjected to a load of personal abuse over her opinions. Anotehr story in the media this morning about someone else being subject to abuse for daring to support the no campaign.

As I stated earlier in this thread, this thread is actually a bit like real life Scottish society. The majority will vote no and very few are prepared to talk about it for fear of the abuse they will receive.

This thread mirrors that.

Who would want to live in an intolerant nation like that?

There will be a big back lash against the abusive yes campaign at the polls.