The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wouldn't stop them marching. I would limit them to one march per year. Not one march per lodge in different places just one single march, with one start, one end, no going past any chapels, a fixed duration of 30 minutes, a maximum distance of 3 miles and a limit of, say, 100 participants. And if there is any trouble the number of participants gets halved each time. Oh, and it must be held on the second Tuesday in January at 3.30 am - and outwith Scotland. whistling.gif (Guess what tune he's whistling.)

Given the fact we have all seen the decline of bigotry in recent years and given the imminent demise of a certain fitba' team , I reckon a Yes vote on Thursday would likely signal the beginning of the end , for flag waving Unionist dafties on our streets in July , they would become increasingly more irrelevant marching to the memory of something that even their own followers struggle to comprehend. .

Given the fact we have all seen the decline of bigotry in recent years and given the imminent demise of a certain fitba' team , I reckon a Yes vote on Thursday would likely signal the beginning of the end , for flag waving Unionist dafties on our streets in July , they would become increasingly more irrelevant marching to the memory of something that even their own followers struggle to comprehend. .

What planet do you live in ? Any excuse for a walk celebrating the Murders of Human Beings of the Catholic Religion, Glasgow City Council approves these 100 plus marches Alone in the City ?12,000 of the Rent a mob Bigots, Terrorists, And damn right Racists marched on the Street's of Edinburgh yesterday, in case You did not Know ? This should not Be allowed in this 21st Century..

post-8992-0-30182400-1410732597_thumb.jp

The latest poll results show that the Yes Campaign is in reverse mode

Survation - Alex Salmonds favourite polling company who have repeatedly shown higher than average Yes figures now have the score at

No - 54%

Yes - 46%

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/09/13/scottish-independence-survation-poll_n_5815374.html

To me it looks like 60% - 40% is very likely now. Especially since the Yes Campaigners are now just annoying people

Edited by Stuart Dickson

And this ICM poll has the %s the exact opposite way round - what's your point? It's from a link at the top of the page you linked to - you still only read half a page, you haven't learned anything here, have you?

As I've already said a few times, polls are pretty meaningless - a bit like yourself.

The ICM poll has a much larger margin of error given that they only polled 705 people. Survation polled 1,000 and they weight in favour of Independence due to them putting a much larger weighting than all the other polling companies on the last Scottish Election.

Aye.

Earlier, I had a little concern about a Yes-vote winning simply cos of the Scots tendency towards being "thrawn".

Seeing so many dildos in their wee cars with daft, fluttering flags around Oban yesterday made me think 'that lot' would make me vote in the opposite direction, whatever the quest.

I know exactly how you feel after seeing so many dildos , waving wee daft flags , wearing sashes and bowler hats , playing certain tunes in Edinburgh on Saturday , made me think 'that lot' would make me vote in the opposite direction, whatever the question. .

Aye.

Earlier, I had a little concern about a Yes-vote winning simply cos of the Scots tendency towards being "thrawn".

Seeing so many dildos in their wee cars with daft, fluttering flags around Oban yesterday made me think 'that lot' would make me vote in the opposite direction, whatever the quest.

I know exactly how you feel after seeing so many dildos , waving wee daft flags , wearing sashes and bowler hats , playing certain tunes in Edinburgh on Saturday , made me think 'that lot' would make me vote in the opposite direction, whatever the question. .

Sorry to say "That lot" were one of the things that helped me decide to leave Scotland and it appeared that they were collectively voting no based on one issue, that issue being unionism. I couldn't believe they could be so stupid as to centre their whole walkie flutie thing on one issue. Salmond, when questioned about the royal family, stressed that the Queen will be the Queen( of Scotland and duchess of Rothesay) now hopefully we see no more silly walks, just good honest debate.

David Beckham FFS!

You know what side I'm on, but I agree Tony, just stupidity, the media need to get a grip. Vivienne Westwood then sparks up and they are all over that like a dug eating beans.

Utter nonsense reporting and both sides of the debate need to be very wary of the remaining few days turning in to a shi!tfest of celebs all having their say. Depressing stuff.

Guest TPAFKATS

Aye, spin away, tick tick.

What spin?

They are in administration with 5,500 jobs going. That's the story about jobs in news today.

It's not a political YES/NO point.

BTW, if your clock goes tick tick, it's stuck ;-)

What spin?

They are in administration with 5,500 jobs going. That's the story about jobs in news today.

It's not a political YES/NO point.

BTW, if your clock goes tick tick, it's stuck ;-)

When did you start worrying about the UK?

You are aware the 5000 is a UK figure?

Tick tick is indeed indicating your time is almost up. ;)

Guest TPAFKATS

When did you start worrying about the UK?

You are aware the 5000 is a UK figure?

Tick tick is indeed indicating your time is almost up. ;)

I wasn't making a political point, have you got dicko's selective reading ability?

Since you bring it up though, yes I am aware of the jobs being across the UK. It's a bit ironic considering were apparently better together, being part of a bigger market and the alleged extra security that it brings...

And if the vote is a No on Thursday are we a nation of traitors with no self respect?

It that what the perhaps 49% will think of the 51%?

I know a few self respecting English born voters who are voting Yes.

I'm confused. Are self respecting English born Yes voters better that Scottish born voters who vote No?

I suspect self respecting English born voters who vote Yes are doing it because they have been persuaded of the case for an Independant Scotland. I have a lot a respect to someone who has thought through the pros and cons and made a decision.

Making the decision on it's "our country" and "our own soil" does not sit comfortably with me.

Not much to be confused about my argumentative forum chum.

Anyone who votes to deny the people of Scotland the right of self governance will be a traitor to the Scottish people.

No ifs, buts or maybes. No voters are traitors and are deliberately voting against the best interests of the Scottish people.

Whether we have 51% traitors or 49% traitors remains to be seen but every cross in the box for no represents a gutless traitor in our midst.

Do not let yourselves down on Thursday, hold your head high and say "I voted yes because I believe in my nation".

I wasn't making a political point, have you got dicko's selective reading ability?

Since you bring it up though, yes I am aware of the jobs being across the UK. It's a bit ironic considering were apparently better together, being part of a bigger market and the alleged extra security that it brings...

EE and Vodaphone are just getting rid of a High Street middle man who competes with their own shops.

Remember EE added Orange to their T-Mobile set up and that would have given them a presence on some High Streets where they didn't have one. It also gave them two shops in the same High Street in many paces.

I would think EE and Vodaphone will do more online business as each year passes. This will take business away from their own High Street branches.

Eventually, if the costs of a High Street presence increase, increases in retail business rates, energy prices, and wages, then mobile companies will come down to a few retail outlets in major retail positions.

indeed my daughter who works weekends in an EE branch told me of an "Online Only Offer" which I moved to. Doesn't help targets that branches all have, but does stop customers moving to another mobile provider. If "brand loyalty" continues it is likely an increasing amount of business will be done online.

Online, they can have staff sitting in out of town office space answering phones, or perhaps in some cases sitting working from home.

Cut costs and increase profitability.

Anyone who votes to deny the people of Scotland the right of self governance will be a traitor to the Scottish people.

No ifs, buts or maybes. No voters are traitors and are deliberately voting against the best interests of the Scottish people.

Whether we have 51% traitors or 49% traitors remains to be seen but every cross in the box for no represents a gutless traitor in our midst.

Do not let yourselves down on Thursday, hold your head high and say "I voted yes because I believe in my nation".

One of the worst posts of the entire thread in my opinion.

I respect your right to vote yes Tom. You should respect the right of fellow Scots to have an alternative view to you. That is democracy.

Do you find that wearing a brown shirt suits your attitude to your fellow countryman?

Or perhaps you still have your black shirt from the 1930s.