The Referendum Thread

Lanarkshire_Bud

Scottish Independence Referendum  

286 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Today's herald reports that Cameron had Brown review his speech prior to talking in Aberdeen on 16/09.

Two cheeks, same arse

Exactly! When the honours list is published and Lord Brown and Lord Darling kneel before the purring monarch, the Scottish people will be so proud of them. All in it together, Labour, UKIP, BNP, EDL, Dick(son) etc Edited by cambiebud

So that's Lord Smith written to the 5 party leaders at Holyrood asking for their proposals on taking forward 'devo max'. He wrote the letter on Friday with a deadline of 10th Oct. So nae rushing it then...

because, of course, theyve been sitting about waiting for that letter before they start thinking about it

:1eye

i would ask if you also share a brain cell with slarti

but i doubt he has access to it

ts is the proud owner of his own brain cell meaning that collectively, ts, slarti and I have 2 brain cells more than you, StuD and iTony share between you. (I did the sums for you, I know arithmetic isn't your strong point)

Guest TPAFKATS

because, of course, theyve been sitting about waiting for that letter before they start thinking about it

:1eye

i would ask if you also share a brain cell with slarti

but i doubt he has access to it

I think all parties were busy with other stuff until 19/09, when there were probably a few hangovers with those representing the union.

There was a lot of champers quaffed at that better together hotel party.

Of course the unionist parties could simply submit their previous proposals however they were a bit muddled.

All parties however will require to trawl Scotland act and other legislation prior to producing adequate proposals.

Failure to do so would result in a fag packet proposal or 'The vow' as it's better known.

I see the democratic will of the Scottish electorate has been embraced fully in here. <_<

here's the percentages of the Scottish electorate that have voted yes to the various questions in the three referendums since 79. Excluding the proportional representation one which is irrelevant.

1979 : 32.5% (assembly)

1997 : 44.7% (scottish parliament)

1997 : 38.1% (tax varying powers, dumped on the fly by John Swinney)

2014 : 37.8% (independence)

Yes carried the day in the first three mainly because of the "couldn't give a f**k" factor. The last one actually mobilised resistance and ended in a no vote, which probably shows you the depth of feeling against.

I see the democratic will of the Scottish electorate has been embraced fully in here. dry.png

here's the percentages of the Scottish electorate that have voted yes to the various questions in the three referendums since 79. Excluding the proportional representation one which is irrelevant.

Yes carried the day in the first three mainly because of the "couldn't give a f**k" factor. The last one actually mobilised resistance and ended in a no vote, which probably shows you the depth of feeling against.

Yeah and any one of those percentages would have seen any party form a government at Westminster.

Your point is statistical trash.

One of them was.

What exactly were you trying to prove with those numbers anyway? That no vote in modern British history has resulted in the majority getting what they want?

I explained to you that in spite of this latest referendum actually having traditionall enough punters voting yes to carry the day, it failed. I was explaining that the reason for this is that it had actually mobilised naysayers to boot it into touch.

Having to explain things twice to half wits is really f**king boring you know.

And no, none of them were elections FFS. They were all referendums.

Edited by Reynard

I see the democratic will of the Scottish electorate has been embraced fully in here. dry.png

They weren't elections.

Back to the pavilion for you without troubling the scorers. dry.png

I explained to you that in spite of this latest referendum actually having traditionall enough punters voting yes to carry the day, it failed. I was explaining that the reason for this is that it had actually mobilised naysayers to boot it into touch.

Having to explain things twice to half wits is really f**king boring you know.

And no, none of them were elections FFS. They were all referendums.

No won? REALLY? Thank god you came along and filled us in on this stunning piece of news.

Did you contact the Daily Record and trawl the council estates?

These people must be informed.

Please do keep coming back and informing us numpties of wehat is happening in the world out there.

Personally I haven't left either this keyboard or this thread since the 18th Sept so I'm ignorant of everything out there.

Not sure my bladder can hold out much longer.