Grangemouth

shull

No point banging this about David, I can't PM from IPod, just looks like, irrespective of what you think, someone can be banned for using something that is available?

I find closing the scores thread annoying but hardly a banning offence.

I'm fed up opening them and asking him not to lock them when people are actively posting on the thread.

This time he was told what would happen and I wasn't bluffing.

He was asked not to lock the thread and like many other good threads he did it anyway.

I know there's a loophole which allows you to do this and I don't have a problem with guys locking threads that have been ruined and are totally off topic but threads shouldn't be lock just because the op doesn't agree with an opinion or like the current latest score.

He has been asked several times not to and on this occasion I'd had enough. He ignored my warning of a ban and went for it anyway.

Are we allowed to visit the "imprisoned one" and take him grapes, muffins and lukewarm Greggs pies?

The unions have played a blinder with this one... yet again.

The union at Royal Mail have also similarly decided to dice with jobs by voting for a strike.

They trumpeted that their members voted 4 to 1 in favour of the strike.

Sounds pretty clear cut, doesn't it?

A closer look at the detail however shows that 75% of the vote was in favour of the strike while 25% were opposed. Quite clearly the unions can't count as I make that 3 to 1.

An even closer look also shows that just over 40% didn't bother to vote, meaning that, in fact, slightly less than half of union members at Royal Mail voted to go on strike.

And that doesn't even take into account the non union members...

Its great that unions are there to protect their workers. Just a shame that some of the more male dominated leftist unions think its okay to play with their members jobs without a mandate.

Indeed.

This is a serious issue affecting many, many people but as per usual some people on here would rather pish all over it because they or their loved ones are not directly affected. Had this plant been in Renfrewshire I think you would find that it wouldn't have been shat upon by the forum's "messiahs".

Speeeeeew!

I hope that the situation that the employees of Ciba and Grangemouth are facing never happen to your beloved. If it does will you think it appropriate to make such remarks?Posted Image

Oh and by the way - it you only took you a minute to "troll" me - well done.

What the fcuk is the fact I think you're a Dick to do with these 2 situations except your usual tactic of courting agreement?

Give it up, pathetic doesn't even come close to you and your posts.

Listen Faraway. It's not my fault your mate has been banned temporarily so don't take it out on me.

I'm guessing from your reply that you know I'm correct when I suggested you wouldn't pish all over threads and make such comments if a thread was started up about a workplace where you had relatives or close friends working but once again you're not big enough to admit that. Posting that I and others are c***s, d**s and other words will not change what your mate did so why don't you just change the record for once unless you wish to join him in the "cooler" in which case you fill your boots old man...

Blah blah fcuking blah.

Doesn't the fact no one engages with you give you a hint you're a dick?

Hope this is clear enough.

Unions are a complete waste of time. When was the last time a union triumphed against the government or employers? They no longer have the power they used to, if they ever did.

I was involved in strike action in 2003 and the union was pathetic. They make false promises and make you believe you will win. Our union caved in and basically signed a blank bit of paper and allowed us to get shafted up the arse, which they are still doing.

Now in 2013 we have been balloted for strike action again. Most big union bosses are in bed with the government and will accept whatever benefits them and not necessarily the union members.

This is devastating for the workers at Grangemouth and the surrounding area but they were never going to get the outcome they wanted.

Seeing as Shull has a huff masquerading as "freedom of speech" we can continue the discussion in here regarding the proposed closure of the Grangemouth Oil Refinery.

Now, where were we? Oh aye. Managment; bunch of wankers. Unions; not their fault.

Emdy got anything else on this one?

Here...

http://opendemocracy.net/ourkingdom/robin-mcalpine/whats-really-happening-at-grangemouth-and-what-it-tells-us

As one of the ever declining "old working class" I'd sympathise with the Grangemouth workers who are going to lose their jobs or at very best have their Terms&Conditions severely reduced. I currently enjoy a good wage and reasonable T&C's but these have been accumulated over decades and they weren't given to us by the generosity of management but as recognition of anti-social hours and difficult working conditions we face. Even so our wage, pensions and conditions are constantly being threatened nowadays and it often seems like every day is a struggle against management.

I feel the general trend these days is towards more confrontational management teams and workers/unions have to be careful not to give up easy opportunities to be attacked. Nowadays striking is an Armaggedon style option and if you're gonna do it, even the limited strikes that were being considered by the Grangemouth workers then you have to consider what you're risking against what you're hoping to gain/protect - it seems to me that the Grangemouth workers have been badly advised by their union.

As John Wayne said the only good manager is a dead one! death.gif

Edited by Bud the Baker

Good points except it's the Ineos operator who is on that sort of basic salary and as a result of their vote around a thousand sub contractors will have lost their lesser paid jobs.

I've plently of sympathy for those indirectly affected by people on £55k refusing a pay freeze.