Pretendy Labour Provost Snubs Saints

glen

In the council's latest winter issue of their Renfrewshire magazine, the Provost, you know the Celtic fan who put on a Saints scarf and hat and took centre stage in County Square when we won the League Cup (even though we beat her team in the semi-final) lists her highlights of the year. She rightly mentions the Mod, rightly mentions the Spree and a number of worthy causes, even the Olympic torch gets a mention. But the single biggest event in the past year... The event that brought joy to a community that needed good news... and thousands onto the streets, did she with her black and white scarf and hat pick the most obvious, major, unforgettable event in the town's and Renfrewshire's history in the last umpteen years? No. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. Saints lifting the League Cup for the first time in History did not merit a mention. An event that brought worldwide publicity to our town and Renfrewshire? Not a word.
It really is bad enough when transparent politicians like her jump on the Saints bandwagon. Maybe she'll make the front page of the Paisley Daily Express like she did when she was getting ready to vote AGAINST the club when we needed support for our new stadium and our survival. Shame on her. Next thing she'll be wearing a Falkirk scarf and trying to stand for Labour in Falkirk! No that would never happen???

Seeing her filthy mug with a Saints scarf on, blatantly muscling in on our big day for a photo opportunity, as I said at the time was the only thing I'd have changed about that day.

Indeed, the looks on confusion on the faces of many when she was being booed was quite funny! Even she got up on the stage...

No real surprise here.

These Town Hall botherers are among the worst of our elected officials. Petty, small-minded, and self-promoting, they'll do anything for a cheap photo opportunity, yet peddle this nonsense about being in-tune with the needs of the local community, blah, blah, blah....

Its all bollocks for the most part. The odd independent councillor seems to genuinely give a shite about local folk, but the rest tend to be party political careerists with aspirations to progress their tawdry careers, and will stoop to startlingly low levels to realise this.

It is no different over here in Dunbartonshire, where I now reside, and I recall a significant run-in with a certain leader of Glasgow City Council when I was employed there. This was before he was the council leader, but he was throwing his weight around and instructed his PA to summons me to the council chambers to discuss a complaint from one of his constituents. I explained that I was too busy to simply drop what I was doing to attend a meeting, the purpose of which remained totally unclear. His secretary then asked me if I thought I was more busy than the councillor, to which I replied almost certainly. This resulted in a big hoo-ha with my area manager trying to smooth the waters. I wouldn't have bothered.

I wouldn't trust the vast majority of these feckless parasites as far as I could launch them. Town Hall politics really is a seedy business, populated by vermin of many hues.

Edited by Drew

No real surprise here.

These Town Hall botherers are among the worst of our elected officials. Petty, small-minded, and self-promoting, they'll do anything for a cheap photo opportunity, yet peddle this nonsense about being in-tune with the needs of the local community, blah, blah, blah....

Its all bollocks for the most part. The odd independent councillor seems to genuinely give a shite about local folk, but the rest tend to be party political careerists with aspirations to progress their tawdry careers, and will stoop to startlingly low levels to realise this.

It is no different over here in Dunbartonshire, where I now reside, and I recall a significant run-in with a certain leader of Glasgow City Council when I was employed there. This was before he was the council leader, but he was throwing his weight around and instructed his PA to summons me to the council chambers to discuss a complaint from one of his constituents. I explained that I was too busy to simply drop what I was doing to attend a meeting, the purpose of which remained totally unclear. His secretary then asked me if I thought I was more busy than the councillor, to which I replied almost certainly. This resulted in a big hoo-ha with my area manager trying to smooth the waters. I wouldn't have bothered.

I wouldn't trust the vast majority of these feckless parasites as far as I could launch them. Town Hall politics really is a seedy business, populated by vermin of many hues.

I love rant's ..................that's a belter

It's not the portly bespectatcled sexually confused alcohol and drug abusing one you refer to perchance

lol.gif

No real surprise here.

Was said meeting to be held in a parked car near the Linn park area? I'm sure that he was ready for you to give him a right mouthful if you had accepted the invite.

I love rant's ..................that's a belter

It's not the portly bespectatcled sexually confused alcohol and drug abusing one you refer to perchance

lol.gif

so we are not talking about the current one, who is also given to lapses in judgement. To be fair, he is also portly and bespectacled and was caught playing the pink oboe in his motor near Linn Park

Edited by beyond our ken

No real surprise here.

You get these people in politics for two reasons.

Firstly they are Dickson types who are addicted to wielding power and believe they are blemish-free, blunder-free and all round generally very important people indeed.

Secondly there is absolutely no barrier to entry.

Anyone can do it.

A sufficiently charismatic postman or scientist (bit of balance there) can climb the pole and suddenly find himself in charge of Business or Health, or the armed forces or whatever with no experience of those areas whatsoever.

For some of these people it's the only thing they can do.

How you stop them I have no idea but I can't understand anyone getting upset at this TBH.

Seriously, WGAS that she forgot our team?

Couldn't care less.

Couldnae care less either.

We are St Mirren and she aint worthy.

We were there on March 17th in County Square because we wanted to.

She didnae want to be there plus we humped her team in the Semis.

Makes me happy.

I'm reliably informed said person was heard to wish good luck to Septic then hastily correct herself in a tv news interview in the days leading to the cup final, whilst the trophy was being paraded round local primary schools...