Happy Birthday Radio Clyde !

shull

Exactly 40 years old today.

A fantastic Radio Station over the decades which i still listen to. ( Only Clyde2 )

Had great people on it over the years.

Frank Skerret ( The Party's Over ), Jimmy Sanderson, Richard Park, Tiger Tim, Mr Abie, Mike Riddoch and many many more.

Bill Smith was a wank though.

Orrabest sorcerer.gifclap.gifholiday.gif

A fantastic Radio Station over the decades which i still listen to. ( Only Clyde2 )

Frank Skerret ( The Party's Over ), Jimmy Sanderson, Richard Park, Tiger Tim, Mr Abie, Mike Riddoch and many many more.

Orrabest sorcerer.gifclap.gifholiday.gif

Were you at the game caller ?

Orrabest Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I'm sticking to 261

Living where I do lost touch with Radio Clyde years ago but I have some fond memories. I remember being mystified by requests for guys in ' The Big Hoose' and it was years before I realised it meant the Bar L. There was also a guy who did a really good book review and his favourite saying was ' a great wee read'. Can't remember his name but i think he was an executive. And talking about Tiger Tim, a friend of mine opened a record shop in Exchange Square and he invited Tim to open it. The shop was called Sounds New and Tim liked the name so much that they came to an agreement for Tim to call his show by that name.

Living where I do lost touch with Radio Clyde years ago but I have some fond memories. I remember being mystified by requests for guys in ' The Big Hoose' and it was years before I realised it meant the Bar L. There was also a guy who did a really good book review and his favourite saying was ' a great wee read'. Can't remember his name but i think he was an executive. And talking about Tiger Tim, a friend of mine opened a record shop in Exchange Square and he invited Tim to open it. The shop was called Sounds New and Tim liked the name so much that they came to an agreement for Tim to call his show by that name.

Alex Dickson was the bloke who did the book reviews, and you're right he was an executive at the station.

Guest somner9

I remember the excitement of Clyde going on air. The first radio station that wasn't,t entirely populated by old farts, and it wiz Scottish without the shortbread and Kenneth McKellar

I remember back in the days when telly wasn't 24/7 and had a massive THREE channels to indulge ourselves, Radio Clde was a godsend and break from Radio 1. FM? WTF? 261 MW was it.

Doctor Dick's midnight surgery was a revelation. I remember the playout song was "Sweet dreams"

Now though I cringe at the memory of listening to the sh!t with my then girlfriend who, after all these years, is my missus.

Chr!$t! Just had a thought. I may soon be getting to the age when there will be a need to see a Doctor about a disfunctional...............................whistling.gif

I remember back in the days when telly wasn't 24/7 and had a massive THREE channels to indulge ourselves, Radio Clde was a godsend and break from Radio 1. FM? WTF? 261 MW was it.

Doctor Dick's midnight surgery was a revelation. I remember the playout song was "Sweet dreams"

Now though I cringe at the memory of listening to the sh!t with my then girlfriend who, after all these years, is my missus.

Chr!$t! Just had a thought. I may soon be getting to the age when there will be a need to see a Doctor about a disfunctional...............................whistling.gif

Dinnae fret buddie, Smokie will dae you a good deal in the magic blue pills. punk.gif

"I'll never forget the day I read a book!

It was contagious,

Seventy pages

There were pictures here & there, so, it wasn't hard to bear,

The day - I read a book!!"

Just after the Shawfield dug results at 10.05pm!!