Telly Programmes

shull

Tonight, BBC1, 9:00pm, Highlands: Wild Heart of Scotland.

Some of the scenes look stunning.

Too often our country is overlooked, this looks like being a great advert for Scotland.

I agree. My new job means I travel anywhere north of the Clyde all around our fantastic Lochs and the views are spectacular. So much so that I intend to carry my camera to capture some of it over the summer months.

Edited by stlucifer

Alfie's Boys

BBC2 tonight at 8pm

Documentary reliving the magical footballing achievement of 1966.

Hopefully one of the four British Isle Countries can win the Euros this Summer.

Scotland cannae do it cos they didnae qualify as they have a shite Manager and hopeless players.

Alfie's Boys

BBC2 tonight at 8pm

Documentary reliving the magical footballing achievement of 1966.

Hopefully one of the four British Isle Countries can win the Euros this Summer.

Scotland cannae do it cos they didnae qualify as they have a shite Manager and hopeless players.

Every game played at Wembley. The final effectively decided by a dodgy decision. Boring fitba' which caused the downfall of width on the pitch for years. Magical my @rse!

Britain's Got Talent, sometimes not much talent but entertaining, that's what it's all about..................

Although just a massive injustice................IMO. thumbdown.gif

The injustice is that TV companies are peddling this p!sh as entertainment. Cheap option which relies on the base level of human's ability to laugh at others misfortune. The people who gain most are, at best, mediocre talents or, at worst, Simon Cowell=esque.

Probably too late to mention this but The Warlord starring Charlton Heston is showing on Film4 today at 12.35pm. Set in a remote part of Northern France in Norman (pre 1066) times it's a story about the clash in class/culture between a proto-chivalric Heston and the barely Christian villagers he is sent to protect from raiding Vikings. After invoking droit de seigneur (à la Braveheart) Heston is holed up in a castle with two lots of enemies outside and dissent (lead by his brother) inside, will he survive - you'll have to watch to find out.

With a fine supporting cast including Richard Boone and Maurice Evans (Dr. Zaius) amongst others it really is a minor gem. I've included the IMDB link even though I don't think the main description is particularly helpful. My only quibble is the well scrubbed aspect of the actors involved especially the villagers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0059896/?ref_=rvi_tt

I'd love to see a remake with Daniel Craig in the main role - it's just made for a actor who can do tough boxing.gif but sensitive. wub.png