Telly Programmes

shull

13 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Admittedly, TWD has never dragged as much as the spin-off.

I haven't got round to watching any of Blindspot yet - and now you're putting me off. :(

Game of Thrones, Vikings, Black Sails and The Walking Dead are probably four of the top ten series on the go, in my opinion of course - though obviously not all on at the moment. I watched the first series of The Last Kingdom but it's nowhere near as good as the books. It's back in the summer, I'll see how it goes.

I found Game of Thrones a real chore.

I stuck with it for the first 2 series, 20 episodes and it never really got going for me.

Whereas Vikings caught me in the first episode, bought into the characters and I was hooked.

Horses for courses I suppose.

Oh.

Woopy do!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39042666
I wonder what useless stuff they got rid of, in order to finance the new channel...?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/internet/entries/68182816-070d-4600-9835-e83a4fadc13d

They've probably just finished paying for their legal team on Operation Yewtree (and Jonathan Ross's severance money).
I'm quite enjoying Blindspot, my main complaint is that they hit us with Season 2 right on the heels of Season 1. Confusion overload.

19 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Has Political Correctness Gone Mad on C4

th?id=OIP.nqPvImMDyW8rpx2arIXUsgEsDh&w=2

Group of students have just decided that comedians Cross Dressing is unsafe - Les Dawson must be spinning in his grave!

Roy Barroclough too or is he still alive?

Seen some of this last night. It proves students don't have a fecking clue. :wacko: Sombreros FFS. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Seen some of this last night. It proves students don't have a fecking clue. :wacko: Sombreros FFS. :lol:

I think Trevor Phillips made some valid points for people on the leftside of politics. Many of those people on the left who want to represent us are caught up in their Ivory Towers and don't listen to our views and probably don't even like us very much.

Remarks like Hilary Clinton's "basket of deplorables" and Gordon Brown's 2010 "she's just a bigot" quotes show just how far they've moved from the people they'd like to think they represent.

14 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

I think Trevor Phillips made some valid points for people on the leftside of politics. Many of those people on the left who want to represent us are caught up in their Ivory Towers and don't listen to our views and probably don't even like us very much.

Remarks like Hilary Clinton's "basket of deplorables" and Gordon Brown's 2010 "she's just a bigot" quotes show just how far they've moved from the people they'd like to think they represent.

The programme raised lots of issues, and lots of ironies.

It's impossible to draw a line for the majority of the points raised, shown by the difficulty of people to choose what was the most offensive of words/sayings.

Phillips himself was as bemused as me at the attitude of many of the people he spoke to and he's been on the wrong end of many offensive remarks.

PS The students were still absolute wazzocks. :lol: So lost in their own importance and failed to see how stupid they looked.

Edited by faraway saint

14 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:

I wish folk would stop referring to the likes of Hilary Clinton as "the left". She's probably to the right of most of the UK Tory party. There's really no equivalent in mainstream US politics to what we regard as "left". They are either on the right or the far right. Any time someone with any real "lefty" ideas comes along in US politics, they don't stay in the limelight for very long.

I wouldn't say she's to the right of most of the current UK Tory party - Thatcher's Children like the Britannia Unchained group are starting to reach Cabinet level positions and if they continue their rise the Tories, post-May, will have us back to virtually unregulated capitalism.

I'd agree in absolute terms Clinton isn't leftwing but she's what passes for progressive in the US and her comment about a large section of that electorate, many of whom would previously have considered themselves to be Democrats, is IMO what cost her the election.

Guest TPAFKATS
Forced ,cough, to watch The Voice tonight, I don't really get it.
The "judges" are mince, the format is, eh, mince, so I'm coming to the conclusion..............................:rolleyes:

It needs Graham Norton presenting it?

The Secret Life Of Bees: a young girl's coming of age story set in South Carolina in the early '60's - Very Good, but why are there no handsome racists?

The fillum could have been improved though by changing the girl into a boy, making him semi-human, giving him a ring of power and sending him on a quest to save the world from evil.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Just watched Clique on BBC3.

Set in Edinburgh student world, with a twist. A psychological thriller type of programme.

When I saw the warning that there were scenes of a sexual nature, strong swearing and ones that some people might find unpleasant, I thought that it would appeal to me.:whistle

Was worth watching and will watch the second episode.