Missing 3 Year Old Boy Found Dead

faraway saint

I would suggest Kate and Gerry McCann blow a massive hole in your rampant generalisations about who abuses and neglects their own children.

Maybe no a massive hole.

Didnt they leave their children unattended while they enjoying a night out with friends ?

erm , blink.png no

erm, yes. How two educated articulate professionals could think it ok to leave three toddlers unattended for a prolonged period of time is beyond belief. My wean is 18 months, and I'm scared to even nip to the toilet at times for fear of the havoc he could wreak if he's left unattended for even one minute. How the McCann'scould think their actions were acceptable is beyond me. The fact this happened in a foreign country which they would be unfamiliar with just compounds their neglect. My point is, it isn't just the poor or the feckless who abuse and neglect their children. Unfortunately, as you prove, our response to this abuse or neglect can vary dependent on our perceptions of them.

I've not seen the news today, but if the mum in this case has been charged with murder and has then attempted to cover it up, she deserves what is coming to her, as her actions are incomprehensible. However, Daily Mail style rants about feckless parents shouldn't get in the way of the fact that "nice" middle class parents can abuse their weans too. In my experience as a social worker, often its these families that are most difficult to challenge, as they will have lawyers involved and threaten legal actions against you as you try to investigate whats going on.

erm, yes. How two educated articulate professionals could think it ok to leave three toddlers unattended for a prolonged period of time is beyond belief. My wean is 18 months, and I'm scared to even nip to the toilet at times for fear of the havoc he could wreak if he's left unattended for even one minute. How the McCann'scould think their actions were acceptable is beyond me. The fact this happened in a foreign country which they would be unfamiliar with just compounds their neglect. My point is, it isn't just the poor or the feckless who abuse and neglect their children. Unfortunately, as you prove, our response to this abuse or neglect can vary dependent on our perceptions of them.

I've not seen the news today, but if the mum in this case has been charged with murder and has then attempted to cover it up, she deserves what is coming to her, as her actions are incomprehensible. However, Daily Mail style rants about feckless parents shouldn't get in the way of the fact that "nice" middle class parents can abuse their weans too. In my experience as a social worker, often its these families that are most difficult to challenge, as they will have lawyers involved and threaten legal actions against you as you try to investigate whats going on.

She has and did.

Always believed the McCanns should have been charged with leaving those kids alone , I know some will say the loss of a child is punishment enough, but if they had not left the kids alone it would never have happened.

Always believed the McCanns should have been charged with leaving those kids alone , I know some will say the loss of a child is punishment enough, but if they had not left the kids alone it would never have happened.

I think you'll find a large number of people would agree with you.

A huge number of people would want that mother strung up.

Mind you that same group would probably think it's OK to use violence against a child to get them to behave.

Who said humans were easy people to understand.

Aliens landing here would think we're f**king crazy.

I think if the incident had happened in this country and the McCanns came from a lower demographic, then they would have been done for leaving the weans. .

I think you'll find a large number of people would agree with you.

A huge number of people would want that mother strung up.

Mind you that same group would probably think it's OK to use violence against a child to get them to behave.

Who said humans were easy people to understand.

Aliens landing here would think we're f**king crazy.

Depends who they bump into first. Lie low, Oaky.

We've morphed from an alleged child killer who is not worthy of the rope for the noose, to the holiday habits of two doctors, c'mon.

Oops, I better surrender myself to the authorities then. I left my kids unattended whislt I went an errand, I was not 100% in control , therefore I neglected them whistling.gif

I'll maybe speak to Hendo's 'nice' middle class contacts , get myself a lawyer and circle the wagons before the Social write me up to a list. Beat them pesky's back with some inherited wealth and the Rector from the Boarding school..........works every time.

We've morphed from an alleged child killer who is not worthy of the rope for the noose, to the holiday habits of two doctors, c'mon.

Oops, I better surrender myself to the authorities then. I left my kids unattended whislt I went an errand, I was not 100% in control , therefore I neglected them whistling.gif

I'll maybe speak to Hendo's 'nice' middle class contacts , get myself a lawyer and circle the wagons before the Social write me up to a list. Beat them pesky's back with some inherited wealth and the Rector from the Boarding school..........works every time.

So are you say that it is ok to leave young kids on their own while you go out on a night out ,if that's what you see as being ok that's your choice ,I wouldn't do it and in my opinion nor should anyone else no matter what walk of life they come from.

So are you say that it is ok to leave young kids on their own while you go out on a night out ,if that's what you see as being ok that's your choice ,I wouldn't do it and in my opinion nor should anyone else no matter what walk of life they come from.

Nope, never said that, and personally I wouldn't do it.

Point is we all skirt round the fringes of responsibility sometimes, often jump a short cut and I will freely admit to not always have been the best parent that I possibly could have all of the time, however IMO this does not a criminal make, yet !

However on point, my Daily Mail sponsored rant ( lol ) was broadly correct, some inadequate folk , the feral and feckless more often than the statistical norm are are putting their kids, tragically as in this case in serious peril.

Trying to draw a comparison between the Portugal abduction and this woman' s alleged murder of her own flesh and blood is plain wrong, the latter is a n act and display of reckless wanton cold hearted evil. My next Daily Mail sponsored rant could be to suggest she'll play the insanity card.

Let's leave it as people interpret things as their social predilection leads, and no amount of title tattle will bring that poor little completely innocent boy back, that is the real tragedy here. As for the mother, she should get life, as exterminating her would be being too kind.

Nope, never said that, and personally I wouldn't do it.

Point is we all skirt round the fringes of responsibility sometimes, often jump a short cut and I will freely admit to not always have been the best parent that I possibly could have all of the time, however IMO this does not a criminal make, yet !

However on point, my Daily Mail sponsored rant ( lol ) was broadly correct, some inadequate folk , the feral and feckless more often than the statistical norm are are putting their kids, tragically as in this case in serious peril.

Trying to draw a comparison between the Portugal abduction and this woman' s alleged murder of her own flesh and blood is plain wrong, the latter is a n act and display of reckless wanton cold hearted evil. My next Daily Mail sponsored rant could be to suggest she'll play the insanity card.

Let's leave it as people interpret things as their social predilection leads, and no amount of title tattle will bring that poor little completely innocent boy back, that is the real tragedy here. As for the mother, she should get life, as exterminating her would be being too kind.

"Evil".

We have a winner.

I actually am having a wee self loathe here for contributing to a thread about a lost life and a young boy at that. Fact is IMO nobody feels a child's pain like a loving parent and very time I see or refer to this case I cannot help but think of the utter fear ,terror, helplessness and no little confusion experienced by that lad in his final moments at the hands , allegedly , of his mother.

How someone can even think about defending her, well , it sickens me.

I actually am having a wee self loathe here for contributing to a thread about a lost life and a young boy at that. Fact is IMO nobody feels a child's pain like a loving parent and very time I see or refer to this case I cannot help but think of the utter fear ,terror, helplessness and no little confusion experienced by that lad in his final moments at the hands , allegedly , of his mother.

I agree with your comment here , I only replied to a post that was made that referred to the McCanns , I was starting to believe another post that was put on saying that they wouldn't be surprised if the wee boy turned up back in India or Pakistan ,and that the fathers family had took him.

How can anyone defend her? Easily by highlighting one word in your post. I even super sized it for you.

Again I feel moved to ask whether we should allow her to be found guilty before jumping to conclusions, rounding up the posse and having us a good old fashioned public lynching?

Edited by oaksoft

What a load of cuont-radictions on this thread.

The usual suspects are out with the pitchforks, torches and rope for the mother concerned. But seem certain Travis, Harris and Roache are the victims of money grabbing husseys!

Fact 1: a child died

Fact 2: no one on here has a clue what did, or didn't happen

Is this really the best some can muster? Ffs close the thread out of decency.

What a load of cuont-radictions on this thread.

The usual suspects are out with the pitchforks, torches and rope for the mother concerned. But seem certain Travis, Harris and Roache are the victims of money grabbing husseys!

Fact 1: a child died

Fact 2: no one on here has a clue what did, or didn't happen

Is this really the best some can muster? Ffs close the thread out of decency.

Fact 2: We do know the mother made up a story so thin even a dumpling like you, whoever your other alias is, could work out. bye1.gif

Away and make up another exciting alias, and don't troll. thumbdown.gif

Decency? mad.gif

Fact 2: We do know the mother made up a story so thin even a dumpling like you, whoever your other alias is, could work out. :byebye

Away and make up another exciting alias, and don't troll. :thumbsdown

Decency? :angry:

Don't believe any member of the public knows anything factual about the child's demise.

We can assume she fabricated a tale about his absence, but other than that we are ignorant.

The thread title needs changing.