David Barron Gone.

billyg

Brilliant defender who was a stand out a couple of seasons ago.

The opposite of the modern day trend for full backs in that he was a defender first and not great at going forward.

Always hoped he would come back strong but didn't expect him to.

Another who goes with my best wishes for the future.

Best of luck to the lad, me n my dad used to follow Thistle reserves regularly as they were better than dick Campbell's first team. Barron was a stand out and I was really surprised he was allowed to leave. That's a lie, I wasn't surprised, Dick Campbell is an arsehole of a manager,

Met and spoke to him in a The Bull last year, a top bloke,

Hope he gets himself fit enough to go part time, which can be a tough task in itself.

A cracking player on his day, but as most have said, a career ravaged by injury. It's a real shame as I'd have liked to have seen how he kicked on after his POTY season. One of the most unlucky guys in football.

Met him a handful of times and he was always a top lad. Hopefully he gets sorted with something soon in whatever path he chooses to go,

All the best Div.

I am sorry that Div couldn't get back to his old self. He was the archetypal, no nonsense defender who could play anywhere across the backline and could even have deputised for Goodie when called upon. It's probably the reason why he kept getting resigned.

Good Luck David. I hope you find your niche.

I liked Div Barron. He was as hard as f**k, he was aggressive, he tackled like a proper footballer and his opponents shat it from him. He was also deceptively fast, probably our quickest defender actually. He wasn't a good passer so that counts against you in todays game but he was a good defender and hopefully he goes on to get a decent gig somewhere.

He struck me as quite an unassuming, softly-spoken and polite guy. Very friendly, and happy to have a wee blether.

He was always very polite and sound when I spoke to him aswel, got that look about him though that you wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of him, he would have Goodwin on toast.

He struck me as quite an unassuming, softly-spoken and polite guy.  Very friendly, and happy to have a wee blether. 

he was a decent guy from one of the most notorious areas in Greenock, I'd imagine he'd have had to learn how to look after himself growing up there.

I always remember hearing a story about him hiring a bus for his family to come to paisley for a renfrewshire cup final and they all got off the bus steaming and went into the Morton end, not doubt shouted abuse at him for the 90 mins :lol: