Appeal Cheesy's Card, Compliance Officer For Carrick

Surely any appeal on the red card will fail. Although the Hearts player was clearly looking for the foul, McAusland does grab him with both hands as the two come together. The referee deemed it a foul and under the letter of the law he's prevented a goalscoring opportunity and as a result he has to send him off.

Surely any appeal on the red card will fail. Although the Hearts player was clearly looking for the foul, McAusland does grab him with both hands as the two come together. The referee deemed it a foul and under the letter of the law he's prevented a goalscoring opportunity and as a result he has to send him off.

Arse.... and you know it!

I watched the incident closely and did not see "the grab with both hands", I did see a very slight brush, which would not have caused him to drop a drink if he had one. The ref could have booked Carrick twice, when he dived holding his face (when Goodwin was booked) and for thr penalty incident. Also, why Nicolson was not booked for diving in the first half is also a mystery.

After last night nights match I am of the opinion there is an anti St Mirren bias (especially Goodwin) now being illustrated on a regular basis. I am not condoning Goodwin re the Dundee Un match, but the number of times he has been penalised by refs when not guilty is becoming more than a coincidence. Opposition players are being allowed to gain free kicks by falling/diving when Goodwin is in their local. The club MUST appeal the red card from last night and raise the general matter of bias against the club. It should be very easy to illustrate examples.

I watched the incident closely and did not see "the grab with both hands", I did see a very slight brush, which would not have caused him to drop a drink if he had one. The ref could have booked Carrick twice, when he dived holding his face (when Goodwin was booked) and for thr penalty incident. Also, why Nicolson was not booked for diving in the first half is also a mystery.

After last night nights match I am of the opinion there is an anti St Mirren bias (especially Goodwin) now being illustrated on a regular basis. I am not condoning Goodwin re the Dundee Un match, but the number of times he has been penalised by refs when not guilty is becoming more than a coincidence. Opposition players are being allowed to gain free kicks by falling/diving when Goodwin is in their local. The club MUST appeal the red card from last night and raise the general matter of bias against the club. It should be very easy to illustrate examples.

You didn't see it? Let me help you out :rolleyes:

post-306-0-72747600-1391089562_thumb.jpg

I'm sure I've got a voucher for Specsavers somewhere too. I'll see if I can get it scanned for you so you can use that too....

You didn't see it? Let me help you out rolleyes.gif

attachicon.gifCapture.JPG

I'm sure I've got a voucher for Specsavers somewhere too. I'll see if I can get it scanned for you so you can use that too....

You can't even both of McAusland's hands in that screenshot, and the one you can see is in front of the hearts player and doesn't appear to be touching him.

You can't even both of McAusland's hands in that screenshot, and the one you can see is in front of the hearts player and doesn't appear to be touching him.

Bollocks. Have a look at the action yourself on the BBC website. McAusland has his left hand on the players back, he reaches out with his right hand as he gets close enough and he's holding him as the player goes down. Now look at the referee's position in the freeze frame. The ref would have seen McAusland reach across to grab the player as they come together.

The Hearts player goes down very easily and was clearly looking for the foul but McAusland has given the referee a decision to make by reaching out with his hand and grabbing the Hearts player.

I'll be utterly amazed in the SFA rescind the red card.

It wasn't a foul, there was barely any contact. Cheesy's reaction was the same as anybody's would be if you're running in someone's general direction and they start to slowly fall over in front of you.

Hearts were tumbling all over the place. I didn't catch the name of the lad who did in the first half - but his dive was so comically late that nobody actually believed he was diving - but he properly threw his legs back and lunged, before turning round and realising nobody was within three metres of him.

I really f**king hate Hearts and I hope they rot in the Championship for decades to come.

It wasn't a foul, there was barely any contact. Cheesy's reaction was the same as anybody's would be if you're running in someone's general direction and they start to slowly fall over in front of you.

Hearts were tumbling all over the place. I didn't catch the name of the lad who did in the first half - but his dive was so comically late that nobody actually believed he was diving - but he properly threw his legs back and lunged, before turning round and realising nobody was within three metres of him.

I really f**king hate Hearts and I hope they rot in the Championship for decades to come.

Hmm, its a few years since I've done it but I don't remember my natural reaction when running near anyone else being to reach across to grab them. If I did do that, or extended a leg to trip them it was entirely intentional.

The referee called it right. I've perhaps got some sympathy with the ref in that if the foul happened anywhere else on the pitch he'd have awarded a free kick and nothing else, but when a player is through on goal with just the keeper to beat the rules are pretty straightforward.

Edited by Stuart Dickson

Hmm, its a few years since I've done it ...I don't remember running

Fixed that for you.

There was no 'grab' as you put it. It happened too quickly and there was nothing to suggest any momentum towards or caused by Cheesy.

You're basing your entire argument on something you've made up. Now jog move along.

I don't. I hope they keep getting points deductions every season and suffer relegation after relegation after relegation, until they no longer exist in senior football.

f**k them. They've ALWAYS been cheating bastards.

Not to mention Goodwin being booked again for a nothing challenge - there were more fouls commited against him last night than fouls he commited himself.

JGs elbow was high,but as tv evidence will show,there was no connection,did not merit a booking,a warning yes,,as for penalty haul that cheeting we plik over the coals for diving

it was Nicholson who blatantly dived in the box. There was also one of their players who went down holding his face after Adam Campbell(1st half) outmuscled him, rolled about for a few seconds before jumping up and chasing him when he realised he was getting nothing.