Coinneach Odhar: Prophecies

bluto

Coinneach Odhar was also known as the Brahan Seer.

(A Highland person - from Lewis, moved to the Dingwall area - who made some prophecies of what might come to pass.

eg He said that one day a beast belching fire would come down Glen Carron leaping the rivers and hills.... and the choo-choo does just that, these days - when there were steam trains, fire was also emitted. Google for much more - I just liked that one)

I thought I'd give this Seer-ing thing a go.

At the end of this season, DL will still be Saints manager

This season, St Mirren will not be involved in the play-offs, nor in relegation

Scotland will vote Naw in September, 2014

I shall win the Lottery this month

(FWIW: my efforts in the gambling thread have been a wee bit inconsistent.)

Gaun yersel!

Be a Seer.

What can ye see? :)

Coinneach Odhar was also known as the Brahan Seer.

(A Highland person - from Lewis, moved to the Dingwall area - who made some prophecies of what might come to pass.

eg He said that one day a beast belching fire would come down Glen Carron leaping the rivers and hills.... and the choo-choo does just that, these days - when there were steam trains, fire was also emitted. Google for much more - I just liked that one)

I thought I'd give this Seer-ing thing a go.

(FWIW: my efforts in the gambling thread have been a wee bit inconsistent.)

Gaun yersel!

Be a Seer.

What can ye see? smile.png

You could make a TV show out of this:

Bluto on the Bong!

- BUT HE'LL BE GONE BY JUNE

- DESPITE THAT WEE BALLOON

- THE VOTERS DON'T TRUST 'ECK

- WILL YOU FECK

Brought to you by Poems 'r' Us.

I predict the fans will demand Danny's sacking after the Kilmarnock game and the BOD will vote yes March 2014 !

Oh boy. a march! Will there be proper stewards and polis outriders? I reckon we could assemble in Coonty Square and march to the stadium via Love Street for nostalgic reasons. Looking forward to it.

I predict we will go on a brilliant run billyg will change his mind about Danny and campaign for him to stay.

elvis will predict victories week in week out.

JJ will bow and admit that he was wrong about Danny and thank him for ditching Carey.

Shull will shout the drinks are on him.

Faraway will attend a game in Paisley.

Danny will get Manager of the year award and a brand new 5 year contract.

Oh boy. a march! Will there be proper stewards and polis outriders? I reckon we could assemble in Coonty Square and march to the stadium via Love Street for nostalgic reasons. Looking forward to it.

Willie Telfer will be there , wearing the No 9 shirt !

I predict we will avoid 11th spot by another result on the final day going our way, with either Ross County or Partick suffering a heartbreak moment by allowing a late equaliser or something in their game. We, tuned to radios, suddenly start cheering, even though fcuk-all is happening in our game. The players pick up on this and see it through to a 0-0.

I predict Danny Lennon will not be our manager next season.

I predict Conor Newton will not be our right back next season.

I predict Kenny McLean will be injured in the game before each transfer window.

I predict we won't sign any defenders.

I predict we will sign five ginger loanees, who all want to play centre midfield.

You going to be with your Bigot adopted countrymen flooding the streets of, Renfrew in the middle of March ? Sandy Road Flute Band and a load of Bigots/Unionist ? Could you beat Faraway's record of attendance in Paisley ? whistling.gif

I predict a riot, murder, extorion and carrot cake. I don't really but it's a great title for a novel and it has been used by Colin Bateman. He's from Bangor and I can recommend his books. He has a weird sense of humour and I can imagine him getting on with Bluto. Every time I see or hear the words I Predict, I think of that book.

I predict that the Whore of Babylon shall drown on the banks of a mighty river, and that the many headed green beast of the east shall devour itself with a great gnashing of teeth... also that petrol, drink, and fags will go up.. and that the saints will go marching into 10th spot, allowing my sphincter to relax for a few months.... aaaaaah that's better thumbup2.gif

I predict that the Whore of Babylon shall drown on the banks of a mighty river, and that the many headed green beast of the east shall devour itself with a great gnashing of teeth... also that petrol, drink, and fags will go up.. and that the saints will go marching into 10th spot, allowing my sphincter to relax for a few months.... aaaaaah that's better thumbup2.gif

Thanks for sharing that with us, BaldyOz. How is it down under at the minute? Is your sphincter all sweaty in the evening sun? They say it's nice out.

I predict a riot, murder, extorion and carrot cake. I don't really but it's a great title for a novel and it has been used by Colin Bateman. He's from Bangor and I can recommend his books. He has a weird sense of humour and I can imagine him getting on with Bluto. Every time I see or hear the words I Predict, I think of that book.

I doubt he and I would get on.

After all... he misspelled a word in the title of his book.

:)

I doubt he and I would get on.

After all... he misspelled a word in the title of his book.

smile.png

I actually spelled it with an 's', said f**k to myself, deleted the 's' and forgot to stick in the 't'. I don't think Colin would misspell but then he'll have a lackey looking after that.

His first Mystery Man book is a total hoot. Real laugh out loud stuff.