Partick Thistle V St Mirren (Rip Simon Richardson)

Lex

Pish. Easy seen from first 20 minutes needed wingers on.

Even had we brought either Wylde or Teale on with 30 minutes to go, I think it could have wrong-footed Thistle, who were finding it quite easy to stifle our central midfielders for the most part. I suppose you could argue that it was less than ambitious to stick with the shape we started with, but we gained an important point in the end, and every one is important just now.

Scrappy stuff, and a bit nervy at times. An off-day for John McGinn, but he can certainly be forgiven for that. Dilo needs to command his area bit more, but he is a young lad and has the potential to be a very good 'keeper indeed.

The first half was pretty dire stuff from Saints bar 5 minute spells at either end. We gave them too much space in midfield, but, to be fair to Thistle, I think they stuck to their game plan and stifled our creative players. Second half, they were hitting balls through the channels and hoping to beat our centre backs for pace. It was a bit shaky from time to time, and a better team could have cut us open.

Jim Goodwin was the MotM by a country mile. Great performance from him tonight, and showed real class when he was scythed and just got straight back to his feet and played on.

Referee was bloody awful.

I'm happy enough with the point. All three would have been great, but, to be honest, we didn't deserve to win that game.

ETA: great gesture for Simon on 68 minutes. Extremely well observed, and thanks to the Jags for joining in.

Goodwin was my man of the match. I don't rate him mate but he was tremendous.

We had nobody to pass to. Thompson isolated by himself up front. Lennon bringing on Magennis shows he his clueless. Wylde and Teale, ball to byline, into box, Thompson. Clear from first ten minutes that's what we needed.

Thought we were dire tonight.

We had nobody to pass to. Thompson isolated by himself up front. Lennon bringing on Magennis shows he his clueless. Wylde and Teale, ball to byline, into box, Thompson. Clear from first ten minutes that's what we needed.

I think that is a bit unfair on Magennis. We needed someone to get in among their defence and maybe create a bit of space. I agree that we lacked width, but to describe us as dire is a tad OTT, no?

And another..............................racking them up.

Nothing positive to say..................like, Goodwin was superb, McLean showed decent touches, the centre of our defence stood up reasonably well?

No point, you are another dour "supporter" who can only see the negatives. bye1.gif

Your joking right!

Magennis made a pretty positive impact when brought on.

Overall an average performance, very poor first half, matched them in the second half.

Two average teams fighting out a possible play off place.

First half we defended too deep, no midfield involved so Thompson was isolated and McGowan couldn't get there to support.

Second half tightened up between defence and midfield, not great but when Mcgennis came on helped our target man upfront.

Important thing is another point and another possible 2 points from another relegation candidate.

Lets sit back and enjoy the weekend, it can only get better.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

There you have a true supporter......................................who has had a lobotomy. 1eye.gif

a true supporter who paid to go and see his team, was vociferous in encouraging the team for 90mins, however, chose to express his disappointment, thru' this forum.

better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. cheers :-)

Pish. Easy seen from first 20 minutes needed wingers on.

And if we'd have changed to give more width we'd have risked being overrun through the middle.

A point was a good result tonight. We were a bit too nervous for my liking and the defence looks particularly vulnerable but we shouldn't forget that our players are in a dogfight and they are busting their arses for the cause. No doubt about that.

If you want some context remember that Kelly and Naismith and Dilo form 3 of our back 5 and they are all about 19 or 20 years old.

Wylde and Macgennis are also about 22 as is MacLean. McGinn is 21?

That's half our team barely old enough to buy a beer in the United States.

Rather than wilt, these boiys have just picked up 8 out of 12 points at the precise moment it was needed.

That requires more fecking bottle than I'd be able to display under that pressure.

I think a bit of credit is needed here.

Edited by oaksoft

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

There you have a true supporter......................................who has had a lobotomy. 1eye.gif

a true supporter who paid to go and see his team, was vociferous in encouraging the team for 90mins, however, chose to express his disappointment, thru' this forum.

better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy. cheers :-)

When is the next surgery taking place? lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Another who thinks because he was there he is "The Truth".......................................1eye.gif

However I DOUBT that you "encourage" the team as you love to find a reason to moan on here which, I'm sure, is reflected at the game, boo boy. bye1.gif

Another who thinks because he was there he is "The Truth".......................................1eye.gif

However I DOUBT that you "encourage" the team as you love to find a reason to moan on here which, I'm sure, is reflected at the game, boo boy. bye1.gif

Now you're just teasing me :-)

And another..............................racking them up.

Nothing positive to say..................like, Goodwin was superb, McLean showed decent touches, the centre of our defence stood up reasonably well?

No point, you are another dour "supporter" who can only see the negatives. bye1.gif

Were you at the game?