Mcgregor Signs For Sevco - Confirmed

He owes us nothing, he could well have been living on SSP for all you know for the bulk of his injury period. if that is the case and considering that the club would simply have used up in-house resources and pre-paid time on a retainer for his rehab then what does the "support" amount to over the piece? No wonder his colleagues had a whip round for him (here's hoping the DSS dont read this thread or they'll dock his benefit), it must feel good to be throwing that around and maybe harming a decent young man's reputation, he has his pride and to expose the fact he was reliant on hand-outs is just about the lowest thing I have read on this forum. i wont be surprised if all the good memories he has of playing for us are completely washed away by this bilge.

Darren gave his all in Black and White and deserves our thanks for risking his short career on our behalf. Given all the bad luck he has had, he is due some good karma. He fought his way back to play for US and couldn't have foreseen that a very good offer would come his way. Here's to a lucrative future for a guy who could have been on the skids but for HIS perseverance and courage in facing what was a hell of an injury TWICE.

Bunch of head-up-the-arse macontents and ingrates on here

Chris , the bonuses issue concerning the other players was all over the press at the time so it's old news. The main issue for me is that Darren isn't very good anymore , so by bringing in average centre back we won't miss him . One innocuous tackle at any time could finish him ,which is the main reason I am surprised in the interest in him from TRFC !

Ok, would you refuse a 400% pay rise?

I can't wait for your answer.

OK so just to put you out your misery...

Of course I would! It's a principle of mine....I can absolutely assure you that every time I've been offered a 400% pay rise I've turned it down......

I feel sorry for Darren, no principles that lad! No knees either come to think of it....

If I had been funded by a club for x amount of years while I couldn't do my job I think I would yes... although, I don't know for certain the details of his injury period but I would reject for another season at least.

But your not McGregor.

At least he wouldn't be competing against us next season.

If I had been funded by a club for x amount of years while I couldn't do my job I think I would yes... although, I don't know for certain the details of his injury period but I would reject for another season at least.

Of course you would. lol.gif

Just to remind people, most footballers have a very short period to earn money.

Darren probably has 5/6 years (Barring any more injuries) so the chance to make some money while he can is a decision he would be mad to refuse. That would be a working life of about 15/16 years ,with 2 already spent in junior football. so that's a concern for him and his family, remember them?

What he does after that, well, he'll not exactly be in demand from ITV/BBC/SKY

Any people who can't see that are delusional, at best. bye1.gif

People are making it sound like St. Mirren were acting like a charity towards McGregor when he was out injured.

McGregor owes the club nothing. The club decided he was worth another year's contract as they thought he would make a full recovery and become a good player for the club - not just to give him some extra cash while he was injured.

He's a decent player and had a decent season ("bomb-scare" is a ridiculous comment) and was paid a decent wage in doing so. It's a shame he's away to Sevco, but they'll be offering big wages & it's up to him.

Of course you would. lol.gif

Just to remind people, most footballers have a very short period to earn money.

What he does after that, well, he'll not exactly be in demand from ITV/BBC/SKY

Any people who can't see that are delusional, at best. bye1.gif

What? I'm sure that clothes shop Darren used to work in before he signed for us will be keeping his job open for him?!!

Lots of players were (rightly) slagged a number of years ago for dropping down divisions to play for Gretna and plunder Brooks Mileson's unsustainable wealth. Instead of wanting to play ay the highest level they could they chased the £££££s. Chris Innes, IIRC, dropped from SPL to Div 3. If, as appears likely, Darren McGregor opts to do the same to join the-team-formerly-known-as-Rangers he deserves to be criticised for displaying a lack of ambition. This provides me with yet another reason to hope that the imposters go bust before Christmas.

He owes us nothing, he could well have been living on SSP for all you know for the bulk of his injury period. if that is the case and considering that the club would simply have used up in-house resources and pre-paid time on a retainer for his rehab then what does the "support" amount to over the piece? No wonder his colleagues had a whip round for him (here's hoping the DSS dont read this thread or they'll dock his benefit), it must feel good to be throwing that around and maybe harming a decent young man's reputation, he has his pride and to expose the fact he was reliant on hand-outs is just about the lowest thing I have read on this forum. i wont be surprised if all the good memories he has of playing for us are completely washed away by this bilge.

Darren gave his all in Black and White and deserves our thanks for risking his short career on our behalf. Given all the bad luck he has had, he is due some good karma. He fought his way back to play for US and couldn't have foreseen that a very good offer would come his way. Here's to a lucrative future for a guy who could have been on the skids but for HIS perseverance and courage in facing what was a hell of an injury TWICE.

Bunch of head-up-the-arse macontents and ingrates on here

Don't talk shite.

As Billyg has already said, this was all over the press at the time.

Don't talk shite.

As Billyg has already said, this was all over the press at the time.

Doent give you the right to talk your sanctimonious pish all over the top of it though

if anyone is talking shite it is the garbage you posted on the subject earlier.

Still, if that is the only part of the post you dont agree with then i take it you acept the rest?

Edited by beyond our ken

Dinnae get this short career pish.

We all can, if we wish, work till we're 65 or beyond to make ends meet.

Footballers need to be completely dedicated to the job for the whole time they are in it, most don't think of another life until they are past 30-not a great age to try and develop a new career path. if i recall rightly, D McG was working in a clothes shop full-time and footballing part-time before he joined us. Not exactly the kind of job that it is easy support a family on

Edited by beyond our ken

Footballers have plenty spare time to develop an alternative career.

Even better if the whole f**king lot of them were part time football players, with full time jobs when not playing their hobby.

Meanwhile as Sevco desperately scramble to release yet another share issue to cover an 8 million pound hole in their finances, on the same day they offer to quadruple the salary of one of our players to play in the division below us....the mind boggles.....huh.png

Doent give you the right to talk your sanctimonious pish all over the top of it though

if anyone is talking shite it is the garbage you posted on the subject earlier.

Still, if that is the only part of the post you dont agree with then i take it you acept the rest?

You're entailed to your opinion as am I.

The shite I was referring to was that I would somehow be responsible for getting him in trouble with the DSS.

As for the rest of my post, it's made up of some facts and my opinion. I couldn't care less of you have a different opinion, that's what it's all about.

Footballers have plenty spare time to develop an alternative career.

Even better if the whole f**king lot of them were part time football players, with full time jobs when not playing their hobby.

snore.gif
Boring i know B.O.A.K, sorry B.O.K., but i'm correct as always.