Irish Club In Europe

beyond our ken

A lot of the problem is that it is "exploiting" bigotry, not causing it. The bigotry would still be there without them, they are just a focal point for it. It's possible that if the two of them denounced and actively discouraged it that it would lessen in society over time but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. It's definitely not going to go away when they are both essentially encouraging it. Just my opinion.

The money to be made out of exploiting bigoted simpletons certainly a big motivator for the clubs concerned.

The bigotry would die if those clubs weren't there to let the knuckledraggers have that focus or their views. I'd say it's not "just a focal point", I'd suggest that the continuance of the bigotry on a modern country can only prosper if someone can make money out of it.

As it is, those people get their perverted viewpoints endorsed by seeing others with the same mindset and with our officialdom permitting (and turning countless blind eyes) to the public broadcasting of the songs and chants.

The Orange parades are no longer as pervasive and 'popular' as once they were. Society is becoming more and more secular - these absurd old customs WILL wither, once they lose the grounds they thrive in.

And this latter might soon be more actual than metaphorical wrt sevco. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34766794

Sellik Scum 1 Sevco Scum 1

An honourable draw this weekend. Well played chaps, well played.

What has the fact that a minutes silence was held got to do with the story?

Is this the BBC trying to put a positive spin on a negative sevco story?

What has the fact that a minutes silence was held got to do with the story?

Is this the BBC trying to put a positive spin on a negative sevco story?

Indeed. That final sentence is completely un-necessary. Surprised they never squeezed the words 'imacculately observed' into it too.

"It is our irrevocable belief that this club's history, including its many successes, is beyond debate," added the statement from Ibrox.

"Rangers cannot countenance or accept any talk, attempts or actions designed to undermine what this club has achieved throughout its long history

But... I thought our Servicemen and Women fought against Fascism and died to defend - amongst other things - our right to Free Speech?

Fascism indeed...

• 3 weeks later...