Jim Murphy - New Leader ?

shull

• 4 months later...

Just seen his speech trying to cling on to his post, what an embarrasment, it was only on about 10 mins after Iain davidson saying that obviously he'd have to resign.

They should just give it to Ian Murray since he 's the only MP they have in Scotland now , he can do the two jobs at once .

Of course he will have to go. The worst result for his party in history. Does that mean that Kezia Dugdale will be the new leader. That would be like us replacing a semi competent manager with Mr T Craig............oh dear

Good nomination there with TC , I second it even he couldn't do much worse.

I said immediately on the snake of a man taking the Labour helm that it would lead to the death of Labour in Scotland and so it has transpired,.

In an astounding and emphatic manner. Even more so than I expected.

The Tories won the election by demonising the SNP and targeting the Lib Dems in the S.W., constantly bringing up the fact they were in coalition.

This was a government ready to be trounced but a feeble and unimaginative Labour was drawn onto the defensive by the Tories on the subject of English nationalism using the SNP as a weapon.

I posted this on the Election thread as well………………….. Ed has declared that the results in Scotland are due to a “surge in Scottish Nationalism”………………… He got that statement so wrong and it fully explains why he has seen an avalanche against the Labour party in Scotland and defeat in the UK.

He is so remote from what Labour represent and in the context of Scotland I bet if you asked him where Arbroath was he wouldn't have a clue. Labour voters have been saying for some time that Labour isn't producing any change or improvement for them in Scotland, and definitely they aren't going to turn to the Tories, so what is their natural reaction……………. Vote SNP. It really is a no brainer.

If Labour ever want to regain power they will have to re-establish contact with the traditional Labour voter in Scotland, otherwise they will lose them all together - then they really are in the mire!

Jim Murphy as such, has no love of the London Labour Party, but he is a charismatic bypass and doesn't inspire confidence perhaps the same way as several previous Scottish Labour luminaries have done.

They desperately need a complete re-think!

This seems to be the general consensus.

If people thought Salmond was unpopular with the female vote, they ain't seen nothing yet.

He's not even a decent politician.

Labour must have a death wish.

And so, it came to pass....................................

Guest TPAFKATS

Maybe wee Dougie will go for it. What's the chances of all the unseated Labour MPs standing for Holyrood next year?

After wee Dougie's magnanimous speech in defeat this morning, my first thought was that was him launching his campaign for leader of SLab. After Miliband resigning earlier, maybe he'll hold out for the big job.

Of course being labour campaign manager for the last 3? elections might go against him.

It certainly did , however , I'm glad that , the arrogant bastard hasn't resigned , Labour would maybe get someone decent in if he did . .

The useless cúnt couldn't even retain his seat even with the blue toalies voting for him.

I'm sure the only reason that he hasn't been sacked is that there's nobody who even vaguely resembles a leader in the red toaly party.

Murphy will be under pressure to stand in the first Scottish parliament by-election that comes up, if he loses (which seems quite likely) even he wouldn't have the brass neck to cling on, of course by the time the Hollyrood election comes round most Labour exMP's will be sniffing round trying to get nominations for Hollyrood seats but the mood of the nation seems to be that they'd lose that election heavily too.

Guest TPAFKATS

Yes. Alexander's career in the national Labour Party is over.

He may stand for Holyrood next May who knows.

Or just wait for the ermine coat?

Guest TPAFKATS

You don't mean he would become a member of that House that ,for decades the labour Party vowed to abolish ?huh.png

They've been abolishing the HoL for almost 100 years. That level of endeavour is pretty much the opposite of labour?

Apparently Jim, and I quote, is stating that "he will use the mandate to put forward a report on how to rebuild the party and win back votes."

Good luck with that.

I'm sure his successor will take on board his suggestions that have worked so well so far...........................

Is there no end to the misplaced arrogance of this incompetent tit?