Partick Thistle V St Mirren. Spfl Premiership 30.1.15

shull

ST sales are vital to the club to inject cash at a crucial point in the financial year.

Non ST holders attending throughout the season are equally vital in maintaining the cash flow and keeping the club afloat.

Neither is more important than the other, and both are crucial to the clubs survival.

That said, I genuinely fail to see how any incentive could be equally applied across the board.

That is why I have been grateful for any bonus I have received and equally supportive of any and every effort to benefit others and increase attendance.

That's fair enough Brian.

My main gripe here concerns the fact that we are talking about an away game.

That's fair enough Brian.

My main gripe here concerns the fact that we are talking about an away game.

I understand that Drew... I just wonder if this is one of the few ways the club can indeed give something back to ST holders as it is well neigh impossible to give them a financial benefit at home matches.

As I said, I have no idea who is funding the scheme.

I also agree that £22 is excessive... but it is comparably excessive.

£5 for under 18's is commendable though.

I have been to two games at Firhill thos season as a neutral because we both got on for £20.

Would be silly for me not to go to see my own team when we can both get in for £20.

For me, that is closer to fair pricing I'd like to see across tbe board.

I understand that Drew... I just wonder if this is one of the few ways the club can indeed give something back to ST holders as it is well neigh impossible to give them a financial benefit at home matches.

In an earlier post, I suggested putting a cup match on the ST. This might amount to, say, twenty quid, which would be the equivalent of dropiing the price for pay at the gate punters to a tenner for two matches.

In the event of a cup match being charged at less than £20, throw in a programme, or allow a ST holder to bring a mate for a fiver etc. No suitable home cup match, offer a loyalty discount on the cost of a book for the next season (£30 off would meet the discount of a tenner off for three match day admissions)? Surely it can't be entirely beyond the wit of the club to work out a fair way to 'compensate' ST holders while offering an incentive to get more pay on the day supporters through the turnstiles.

Anyhoo, we're dragging this a bit off topic....

Surely it can't be entirely beyond the wit of the club to work out a fair way to 'compensate' ST holders while offering an incentive to get more pay on the day supporters through the turnstiles.

Now that I totally agree with.

That said, one guarantee...

WHATEVER they try, someone will find fault.

Off topic? Naaaah... Thistle and Saints are pioneering a great scheme this Friday to benefit real Saints fans... sounds relevant to me!

:D

So if it is near the end of the season and non season ticket holders are given a tenner off admission, which I would be delighted with if it increased attendance, how do you suggest that benefit is made available to all?

Genuine question.

I believe that the season ticket gives a discount of at least £75, over a season, versus paying at the gate for the same seat. That can stretch to over £100 depending when your purchased, and how the fixtures pan out.

That's enough benefit for me. £20 from me won't buy the club any more than a pay at the gate fan's £20 will. It just came in at different time.

Thistle's pricing, although you can see how they arrived at the idea, is a boot in the baws for these fans, and is a great incentive for a night in front of the telly.

I believe that the season ticket gives a discount of at least £75, over a season, versus paying at the gate for the same seat. That can stretch to over £100 depending when your purchased, and how the fixtures pan out.

That's enough benefit for me. £20 from me won't buy the club any more than a pay at the gate fan's £20 will. It just came in at different time.

Thistle's pricing, although you can see how they arrived at the idea, is a boot in the baws for these fans, and is a great incentive for a night in front of the telly.

I know where you are coming from...

but bottom line...

Through work and other commitments I have missed so many games in the last few seasons that I would have saved money on a pay as you go basis.

That bothers me not one iota.

I just don't get the green eyed "boot in the baws" attitude at all

In any incentive, some will gain more than others.

Why not just be happy for those wjo benefit and instead of moaning, use that wasted energy to campaign for other benefits for all?

This Fridays fixture is destined to be the poorest gate of recent times between our clubs.

Free on BT

Thistle's pricing policy that confuses even them

Saints ST holders get in for £15' but walk up non ST customers (who make up a sizeable majority at these derby type away games) are the only ones in the stadium paying top dollar!

Good plan if you want to save money on stewarding, pie expenditure and that lavvy..! FFS Thistle its no rocket science.

This Fridays fixture is destined to be the poorest gate of recent times between our clubs.

Free on BT

Saints ST holders get in for £15' but walk up non ST customers (who make up a sizeable majority at these derby type away games) are the only ones in the stadium paying top dollar!

Good plan if you want to save money on stewarding, pie expenditure and that lavvy..! FFS Thistle its no rocket science.

More than three quarters of our support have season tickets the same goes for Thistle. I commend them brilliant idea. More importantly Saints will win this game

I know where you are coming from...

but bottom line...

Through work and other commitments I have missed so many games in the last few seasons that I would have saved money on a pay as you go basis.

That bothers me not one iota.

I just don't get the green eyed "boot in the baws" attitude at all

In any incentive, some will gain more than others.

Why not just be happy for those wjo benefit and instead of moaning, use that wasted energy to campaign for other benefits for all?

As I said, I am benefiting.

I'm not from the generation that spawned a small faction of nouveau riche season ticket holders, with a sense of entitlement. I'm old school, from when there was a single, separate gate for season ticket holders, which you could invariably stroll through without queueing, which was a good perk in itself.

It's not my baws that are being booted.

My reasoned point, rather than 'moan' is a direct response to your question about sharing the benefit of a PAYG price reduction amongst all groups. A question you posed despite not being bothered one iota about such a situation.

St Mirren aren't subsidising this offer, Drew, as far as I'm aware.

We had a similar arrangement with United when we travelled to Dundee, which we reciprocated, I believe.

I hope that next season all clubs will agree a ST discount to all away fans.

Something that's been around in the Premier League in England for a while now. A kind of 'gentleman's agreement' between clubs, if you like, helped by those who actually want to try and look out for the fans.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/24446082

Free on BT

You seem easily confused, bud.

It's pretty simple, unless you want to have a hissy fit. Now stop creating a scene and get yourself a carry out for watching it on the TV.

Who cares we will take along 5-600 on Friday. Hope the team wins. I don't think we will win as were totally shite and can't defend. We also don't score many despite being all over teams at times. I hope I'm wrong but I'm going for another Inverness style defeat. Thistle 1 saints 0 possibly Doolan who is shit scoring the winner

You seem easily confused, bud.

It's pretty simple, unless you want to have a hissy fit. Now stop creating a scene and get yourself a carry out for watching it on the TV.

Thistle did not need to add Saints fans to this incentive after all we get her haw gate money out of it. So I take my hat off to Thistle

As I said, I am benefiting.

I'm not from the generation that spawned a small faction of nouveau riche season ticket holders, with a sense of entitlement. I'm old school, from when there was a single, separate gate for season ticket holders, which you could invariably stroll through without queueing, which was a good perk in itself.

It's not my baws that are being booted.

My reasoned point, rather than 'moan' is a direct response to your question about sharing the benefit of a PAYG price reduction amongst all groups. A question you posed despite not being bothered one iota about such a situation.

I still remember when they used to hand you a reserved sticker to put on your seat when you went through the season ticket gate.

I still remember when they used to hand you a reserved sticker to put on your seat when you went through the season ticket gate.

I remember Shareholders got a discount on their Season Ticket cost.