Yet Another Snp Policy Falls Apart

Stuart Dickson

First they sent love letters to Freddy Goodwin offering the Scottish Governments undying support for their ill fated and frankly disasterous take over of ABN Amro

Then Alex Salmond talked on camera to the BBC blaming Spivs and Speculators in the City for hedging against RBS and HBOS for bringing down two "good banks" at the very point in time when Alastair Darling and Gordon Brown were in desperate talks with Lloyds TSB trying desperately to save them from their financial demise and a scenario where all those with money in those banks would have been unable to draw cash from ATM's.

Next Salmond tells us that an Independent Scotland could be just like the Celtic Arc of Prosperity which included Iceland, Ireland and Norway - a comment that was almost immediately followed by the collapse of two major Icelandic banks, the collapse of the Icelandic economy, and then some time later the collapse of the Allied Irish Bank and the devastating collapse of the Irish economy.

Then the SNP tell us that Scotland can prosper on our own producing a White Paper that relies heavily on the price of a barrel of North Sea Oil increasing to record levels predicting a massive bonanza in the North Sea; massive investment and new oil fields, just weeks before the cost of a barrel of oil falls through the floor putting the North Sea Oil industry into crisis, large scale job losses and a real concern that companies may not see the North Sea as viable anymore.

And now another central plank of SNP policy has been found to be anything but good for the environment as the Whiteless Wind Farm is found to have contaminated the public water supply with cancer causing chemicals, giving Scotland our first, very own version of the Hinkley Pacific Gas and Electric case that first brought Erin Brockovich to national prominence. The SNP are particularly culpable given that they have prevented local authorities from imposing bans on wind farms that caused them concern. This has been an hugely inefficient and expensive waste of public money and it has seen Scotland cut down or remove over 1,000,000 of natures natural carbon capture apparatus - trees - to erect wind turbines with parts that have been shipped to Scotland from as far away as China.

Add that to the scandal that saw Kenny McAskill release one of the worlds biggest mass murderers after serving only 8 years of his prison sentence, despite the countries Lord Advocate saying that he still has absolutely no doubt that the right man was convicted, in the hope that Scotland could win some favours from Maummar Gadaffi in Lybia - a man and a regime soon to be deposed in an uprising by his own people.

Surely that 45% of Scots with mush for brains must now be hanging their heads in shame. Thank f**k 55% of our great country saved us from that incompetent despot Alex Salmond

Meanwhile... an SNP member of 3 years has accused them of being more controlling than New Labour having been banned for standing for them in the Falkirk area.

- see quote and link below:

In a blog post yesterday, Murray said he had been "astonished by the hostility of the appeals board", which was chaired by Ian Hudghton MEP and two MSPs, adding: "They could not have been more personally unfriendly towards me if I were Jim Murphy: their demeanour was bullying. I found it a truly unpleasant experience."

Murray, an SNP member for three years, is now barred from standing anywhere as an SNP candidate.

He told the Sunday Herald: "I'm absolutely shocked. I'm very, very depressed. I think in both Airdrie & Shotts and in Falkirk it's evident who the party hierarchy wants to be the candidate.

"My own view is the [bedroom tax] question was asked to eliminate me. I'm really gutted."

Murray, who was the UK's ambassador to Uzbekistan from 2002 to 2004, said that by choosing "party darlings" as candidates, the SNP was guilty of Labour-style control-freakery. "I'm really sad, because like many people from the Yes movement I believed we were building a new kind of politics in Scotland," he said.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/scottish-politics/torture-whistle-blowers-anger-at-snp-stitch-up-after-election-block.26155630

It's a tracic dilemma.

I voted SNP at the last local elections despite, as you may know, believing independence is not best for the long term future of Scotland.

I respect and rate many SNP politicians... but since the referendum it has become clear that rather than concentrating on running our country, they will simply take my vote as a mandate to push for independence... despite their own pledge that it was a "once in a generation " thing.

If I could trust them to concentrate on running the country, making the best of what we have and working towards a more devolved federal union for the benefit of 45 million people rather than 5 million, I would vote for them without hesitation.

Sadly, their reaction since the referendum when two thirds of eligible voters chose NOT to support them, has been like a scene from the Life Of Brian.

Splitters!

And now another central plank of SNP policy has been found to be anything but good for the environment as the Whiteless Wind Farm is found to have contaminated the public water supply with cancer causing chemicals, giving Scotland our first, very own version of the Hinkley Pacific Gas and Electric case that first brought Erin Brockovich to national prominence. The SNP are particularly culpable given that they have prevented local authorities from imposing bans on wind farms that caused them concern. This has been an hugely inefficient and expensive waste of public money and it has seen Scotland cut down or remove over 1,000,000 of natures natural carbon capture apparatus - trees - to erect wind turbines with parts that have been shipped to Scotland from as far away as China.

Source, please?

It's a tracic dilemma.

I voted SNP at the last local elections despite, as you may know, believing independence is not best for the long term future of Scotland.

I respect and rate many SNP politicians... but since the referendum it has become clear that rather than concentrating on running our country, they will simply take my vote as a mandate to push for independence... despite their own pledge that it was a "once in a generation " thing.

If I could trust them to concentrate on running the country, making the best of what we have and working towards a more devolved federal union for the benefit of 45 million people rather than 5 million, I would vote for them without hesitation.

Sadly, their reaction since the referendum when two thirds of eligible voters chose NOT to support them, has been like a scene from the Life Of Brian.

Splitters!

i think you are discounting the infrastructure projects that the SNP delivered after decades of promise but no delivery from all other political parties

or forgetting dicko's rants, the thousands of operations and maintenance jobs in renewable energy

or brokering the saving of the ferguson shipyard

or maybe you just want to lie about the SNP

Source, please?

A 2011 NHS Public Health Report and a four year series of test results provided by a Dr Rachel Connor showing that the levels of trihalomethane were over 70% above the recommended UK maximum.

i think you are discounting the infrastructure projects that the SNP delivered after decades of promise but no delivery from all other political parties

or forgetting dicko's rants, the thousands of operations and maintenance jobs in renewable energy

Really?

As I've pointed out it's been found that these wind farms are contaminating our water supply with cancer causing chemicals. The so called "saving" of Fergusons shipyard came after the SNP forced Fergusons out of business by constantly delaying their orders for Cal Mac ferries - Fergusons only real customer and their other "success" wave power generation has come to a grinding halt as the Scottish company that was developing the technology landed up in liquidation.

The SNP has been a f**king disaster for Scotland. It could have been much, much worse but thankfully 55% of those who voted in the referendum had been paying attention.

Really?

I said I voted for them.

I said I respected many of their politicians.

Why the hell would I want to lie about them?

That has to be one of the most bizarre responses I've ever read on here, and that truly is saying something.

From the same Sunday Mail article that has been selectively delved into, which I can do too:

There is no evidence to suggest Whitelee windfarm has affected the
public water supply.

“Although the figures show the level of THMs were in excess of the standards on occasions, the required data reported between 2010-13 was 82.6micrograms per litre, below the standard of 100.”

ScottishPower Renewables said: “We do not believe that our activities associated with Whitelee windfarm have affected any water supplies.

“No public body has ever come to us with concerns and nothing that we have seen in any test results leads us to believe that Whitelee windfarm construction work has had a negative impact on water supplies.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/doctor-claims-scotlands-biggest-windfarm-4881760

Edited by FTOF

Remember it was Alex Salmond opinion only his. who said the thing as you put it.

You can hear it in the link below. Remember it was an opinon not a pledge as you and some of the press put it.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/scottish-independence/11095188/Alex-Salmond-pledges-no-second-Scottish-referendum.html

So did he lie to try and force the issue? Surely his opinion as head of the party mattered?

No as you heard it was his opinion, only his opinion at that time.

It is only because of Newspapers/media using a word that was never used (Pledge) that has confused folk. Imagine that, the press making things up. Here was me thinking that was only fellow South Lanarkshire posters on here that tried to do that.

So unless Nicola actually pledges, I shouldn't trust her opinions as they don't count?

It's a tracic dilemma.

Splitters!

Ah right, so you voted for a party who's raison d'etre is 'independence' but find it surprising they should consider you're vote as a vote for independence ?

Splitters!

I only got a B in Maths at Higher level, so my interpretation of the numbers may be even more wrong than your own, however if 86% of the electorate or so voted in the referendum and 55% of that 86% voted No then only an approximate 47% of those eligible to vote actually voted against independence. Nowhere near two thirds, I'm afraid. Hardly a resounding endorsement of the No proposition either!

From the same Sunday Mail article that has been selectively delved into, which I can do too:

There is no evidence to suggest Whitelee windfarm has affected the

public water supply.

“Although the figures show the level of THMs were in excess of the standards on occasions, the required data reported between 2010-13 was 82.6micrograms per litre, below the standard of 100.”

ScottishPower Renewables said: “We do not believe that our activities associated with Whitelee windfarm have affected any water supplies.

“No public body has ever come to us with concerns and nothing that we have seen in any test results leads us to believe that Whitelee windfarm construction work has had a negative impact on water supplies.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/doctor-claims-scotlands-biggest-windfarm-4881760

I take it you've seen the movie Erin Brockovich? We've never seen multi national power companies and governments colluding to a cover up before......Oh wait, the SNP claimed that was exactly what happened every day in politics just before the referendum. :rolleyes:

As 1 of the 45% I believe I've shown numerous times that you are a compulsive liar and not to be trusted in anything you write.

I'll start with the oil figures, yes the figures that you have been shown countless times to have lied about. Now without looking back through the referendum thread I believe you said that the price of brent crude oil had been below $100 a barrel prior to your post only to have been found out that you lied. You claimed you had read it in a paper yet couldn't remember what paper. There was no paper that had written it because you lied.

If you were remotely intelligent as you try and make out when quoting figures then you would check them first. Just like if you were to have looked up the UK Governments figures you would see they where actually above the projections of the Scottish Governments as shown here. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/212521/130718_decc-fossil-fuel-price-projections.pdf

But then again that wouldn't have been telling the truth regarding the figures. Another lie.

Then we come to Whitelee, (sorry if I sound like Jeremy Kyle) he again uses figures. So I checked and you wouldn't believe it he's quoted figures that he must have found only in his head. Now anyone can check these figures I've used and they are approx but I believe that there has actually been 5 million tress cut down to facilitate the wind farms in the previous 6 years and just over a 1 million replanted. Hold on now let me continue, the reason is you cant replant right underneath the wind towers obviously so you replant then else where. There has been over 60 million, not 100%, not 500%, yes over 1000% more replanted than was felled. So with all the proof at hand he's completed the full house and lied again.

Don't anybody call Graham, the sad lowlife is beyond saving. 1eye.gif

I do enjoy reading the proof that your brain is like sludge.

Tell me fannybaws, what is todays Brent Crude oil price? Is it lower than $100 per barrel or higher? I'll give you a clue - here's a chart from the NASDAQ

http://content.barchart.com/genericapi/cache/de26b3bf5460b22a01aaaf755eb00e69.png

It's a tracic dilemma.

Splitters!

I'm with you BinEK.

I have voted for the SNP in the past, but I can no longer vote for them as they will take my vote as an indication that I wish Independance.