Kilmarnock V St Mirren. Premiership. 14/3/15

shull

Wylde meandered to halfway.

No, he didn't.

I actually felt Genev was attempting to give players time to get back,

All he did was give the Killie player time to pick his pass.

knowing if he dove in it could leave us even worse off.

He didn't need to dive in, just had to close him down, narrow is angles, give him less to aim at and attempt to stop the ball into the box.

Genev took the man wide,

No, he didn't.

Watching the highlights there,we were very unlucky with the chances we created.

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll win more than we'll lose. Bad defending for the goal though.

No room for sensible posts like that here! I agree with you of course, games like that happen in football but it's happened to us too often this season.

I think of 7 games this in particular, 3 against Killie, 2 against Well and the 2 home games against Dundee. I don't think we've deserved to lose any of them, but we did lose them all by a single goal. Slim margins, but slim margins too often.

We played well for spells yesterday and created chances. As did Killie, it was an even game petering out into a draw at 80 minutes which neither side would have complained about. We just seemed to lose it from that point onwards and then lost another cheap goal which has cost us what would have been a decent point.

I`m not blaming Genev , far from it ,i think he has looked solid since joining us .

I was simply pointing out the fact that a certain section of our support would have lynched cheesy for that very basic error.

cheesy has been making stupid mistakes for years ganev has played 2 games might be the slight reason why

Play like that for the rest of the season and we'll win more than we'll lose. Bad defending for the goal though.

I thought so as well, not always easy to say in a 5 minute highlight section right enough.

Funny "how we play" hardly gets a mention, or when we win the other team are shite?

Funny old game.

But we HAVE played like that in several games this season, and still lost. Even though we've only lost by a single goal, it's still a defeat and no points. The relegation curse is on us this season. I'm afraid we're going down.

No room for sensible posts like that here! I agree with you of course, games like that happen in football but it's happened to us too often this season.

I think of 7 games this in particular, 3 against Killie, 2 against Well and the 2 home games against Dundee. I don't think we've deserved to lose any of them, but we did lose them all by a single goal. Slim margins, but slim margins too often.

We played well for spells yesterday and created chances. As did Killie, it was an even game petering out into a draw at 80 minutes which neither side would have complained about. We just seemed to lose it from that point onwards and then lost another cheap goal which has cost us what would have been a decent point.

Getting the first goal is vital. We were electric the first 20 minutes, when you are on top like that in a game you need to make it count.

I thought so as well, not always easy to say in a 5 minute highlight section right enough.

Funny "how we play" hardly gets a mention, or when we win the other team are shite?

Funny old game.

The highlights made it look like we domintaed, it was more of an even game but we did look very dangerous in the first half. Johnson caused us problems in the 2nd half, maybe it was down to us tiring. Killie have scored a few late winners in recent weeks, disappointing goal to lose and preventable from our point of view.

But we HAVE played like that in several games this season, and still lost. Even though we've only lost by a single goal, it's still a defeat and no points. The relegation curse is on us this season. I'm afraid we're going down.

Yeah we have, can't argue with the bit highlighted.

Don't know about relegation yet, Still have 4 games against County and Motherwell. It would be typical St Mirren to pump Celtic on the friday night game and survive by 1 goal.

Can't help but feel the 2 results against Well is going to come back and bite us hard.

People have been saying that since the 1st game of the season away to Motherwell...

I honestly think we'd be better playing 3-5-2 for the remainder of the season to try and keep goals out and bring the best out of a few players.

Naismith and Kelly/Tess as wing backs, both not great defensively but genuinely believe Naismith especially is a threat going forward..

Goodwin in between Tesselaar/McAusland and Genev

Mallan Mcginn and Gow in the middle

Dayton and Thompson/Arquin up top

It's never gonna happen but that's my take on things, as if that matters.