Could Cry

Aye, murder polis when a season comes along when there's no-one even more shite than you are.

Bring back Gretna. Bring back 15 point penalties. Bring back an ill-prepared Dundee. Bring back the Glasgow Apollo. Bring back milk in ice cold bottles wae' the cream on top...

When St.johnstone scored there second goal today I must admit I cried, I suddlenly realised there really is no way back for us now. Ross county and Motherwell are buzzing just now and we honestly don't look like scoring never mind winning a game.

Welcome to the Forum

Dinnae fret.

There is time.

We'll survive.

I could have cried when I saw our strip for this season , King of Fail !

Talk about a stupid sick sign of things to come , jeezuzphuckinwept indeed.

I'm no where near tears, this season has been long in the prep , ever since just over two years tbh.

We thrillingly won a cup , we set up a cliched old launch pad for success , we listened to the pish duly spouted and thought ,,yeah , we've arrived.

Now we cling to a partially fit 36 yo talisman , a bod that want away and a team that are incapable of holding back a couple of aggressive pensioners from breaching our goals.

Cried , I did two years ago, misplaced joy , if ever there was an irony that day started the deadly decline........It was certainly are a cathartic moment for quite a few that day, gawd what a feckin state we are in , and the most twisted irony of all , it is at the feet of the man who probably cried more than most two years ago.

St Mirren F C, only a fan would understand the twisted , demented fates that this club visits on its fan base.

On topic, outfought and out played by a team that has hee haw to play for today , a shameful,display worthy of relegation , nothing else.

Meek surrender, apathy reigns supreme.................

Where did it all go wrong?

I think the BoD saw a top division without Hearts, Hibs and Rangers and took the easy, but not cheap, option of appointing TC with GT as the next but one. I had doubts about this but at least it was done quickly. It was when we started the season without an experienced CH or cover for Goodwin at defensive midfield I began to worry - really the alarm bells should have been ringing after the 4-0 defeat at home to Hamilton in August. Signing an unfit Ozzy Osbourne and not taking proper care of Thompson were both undefendable decisions IMO. The BoD stuck with TC as long as they could but when the fans voted with their feet in December he had to go.

Then we were told that we would be looking to appoint a "experienced wheeler/dealer" who failed to materialize & GT was left in limbo until January 29th! This was followed by the last minute "theft" of our best player Kenny McLean although I accept the BoD had no option but to allow him to leave once an acceptable bid had triggered the clause in his contract.

I have sympathy for GT but here's some of the questions I'd like to see answered

1. Why delay signing a CH until McAusland was injured - it's been a problem area all season
  2. Why sign and barely play Sadlier & Sonupe
  3. Why do you persist in playing Thompson for 90 minutes when he's clearly unfit - a good 25 minutes from him would far outweigh a dismal 90
  4. Allan Gow - never ever had the heart for when the going gets tough.

As I've said elsewhere I don't think he's got the knowledge or experience to lead in in the Championship next season, for me it's time to get someone with current experience of the lower divisions - Steve Aitken.

Aye, murder polis when a season comes along when there's no-one even more shite than you are.

Bring back Gretna. Bring back 15 point penalties. Bring back an ill-prepared Dundee. Bring back the Glasgow Apollo. Bring back milk in ice cold bottles wae' the cream on top...

I agree with everything but the cream on top of the milk bottle. Never liked it.

Where did it all go wrong?

I think the BoD saw a top division without Hearts, Hibs and Rangers and took the easy, but not cheap, option of appointing TC with GT as the next but one. I had doubts about this but at least it was done quickly. It was when we started the season without an experienced CH or cover for Goodwin at defensive midfield I began to worry - really the alarm bells should have been ringing after the 4-0 defeat at home to Hamilton in August. Signing an unfit Ozzy Osbourne and not taking proper care of Thompson were both undefendable decisions IMO. The BoD stuck with TC as long as they could but when the fans voted with their feet in December he had to go.

Then we were told that we would be looking to appoint a "experienced wheeler/dealer" who failed to materialize & GT was left in limbo until January 29th! This was followed by the last minute "theft" of our best player Kenny McLean although I accept the BoD had no option but to allow him to leave once an acceptable bid had triggered the clause in his contract.

I have sympathy for GT but here's some of the questions I'd like to see answered

1. Why delay signing a CH until McAusland was injured - it's been a problem area all season
  2. Why sign and barely play Sadlier & Sonupe
  3. Why do you persist in playing Thompson for 90 minutes when he's clearly unfit - a good 25 minutes from him would far outweigh a dismal 90
  4. Allan Gow - never ever had the heart for when the going gets tough.

As I've said elsewhere I don't think he's got the knowledge or experience to lead in in the Championship next season, for me it's time to get someone with current experience of the lower divisions - Steve Aitken.

You were doing ok up until Steve Aitken. f**k sake, Id never watch a St Mirren team with that little shit in charge.

Also disagree with Kenny McLean, there was no clause in his contract, just some supposed "gentelmans agreement". It is entirely unacceptable. He should have been told he was staying until the end of the season to keep us in the top league and then he can go to Aberdeen. The fee was an utter joke as well. Make no mistake, if McLean was at Hamilton they would have got over 1m for him.

You were doing ok up until Steve Aitken. f**k sake, Id never watch a St Mirren team with that little shit in charge.

Also disagree with Kenny McLean, there was no clause in his contract, just some supposed "gentelmans agreement". It is entirely unacceptable. He should have been told he was staying until the end of the season to keep us in the top league and then he can go to Aberdeen. The fee was an utter joke as well. Make no mistake, if McLean was at Hamilton they would have got over 1m for him.

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Why not ?

You should have stayed logged off. bye1.gif

No fight no.guts or passion fron board or players in years gone by we had guys like shuggie vanzy mehmet even.broadfoot before went to.darkside as if theyve accepted it to many players know theyll be leaving and wont care we deserve better and fear the worst when celtic come calling next

When St.johnstone scored there second goal today I must admit I cried, I suddlenly realised there really is no way back for us now.

Don't worry you are in very good company. There's several threads already running stuffed to the rafters with grown adults crying like babies because we're losing matches. Apparently it's no longer fashionable to accept defeat with good grace. In these X Factor that's called "not caring". Apparently crying is no longer enough. You have to additionally fall to your knees in public and rend your garments whilst proclaiming "why God why".

Losing and being relegated isn't pleasant but there are far more important things in life to worry about.

If you can't stomach watching this team capitulating they way they are doing then start finding things to look forward to in next years Championship.

Rangers, Falkirk, Motherwell, maybe Morton, QOS etc. Oh and we'll have a new squad and probably a new manager too. It's hardly going to be dull.

A lot of our supporters have lost all sense of perspective. They've made this personal. Saints players are not just losing - they are "sticking two fingers up to fans" etc. I'd be embarassed to talk like that.

Edited by oaksoft

Don't worry you are in very good company. There's several threads already running stuffed to the rafters with grown adults crying like babies because we're losing matches. Apparently it's no longer fashionable to accept defeat with good grace. In these X Factor that's called "not caring". Apparently crying is no longer enough. You have to additionally fall to your knees in public and rend your garments whilst proclaiming "why God why".

Losing and being relegated isn't pleasant but there are far more important things in life to worry about.

If you can't stomach watching this team capitulating they way they are doing then start finding things to look forward to in next years Championship.

Rangers, Falkirk, Motherwell, maybe Morton, QOS etc. Oh and we'll have a new squad and probably a new manager too. It's hardly going to be dull.

A lot of our supporters have lost all sense of perspective. They've made this personal. Saints players are not just losing - they are "sticking two fingers up to fans" etc. I'd be embarassed to talk like that.

Everyone reacts differently. I suspect you feel as sick as the next Saints fan and some of the players. However, there has been a lack of passion at this club and that's enough to make you weep.

I would say I'm more angry that we seem to have just accepted we will be relegated - an attitude I think is totally unforgivable from the players.It's one thing to be beaten by a better team if you've played your best, but we have too many players that just seem to accept losing week after week. Why play a sport professionally if you don't want to win and have no ambition other than to pick up a wage at the end of the week ?

It's beyond time for the players to get angry with themselves, get the fingers out and show some fight.

I would say I'm more angry that we seem to have just accepted we will be relegated - an attitude I think is totally unforgivable from the players.It's one thing to be beaten by a better team if you've played your best, but we have too many players that just seem to accept losing week after week. Why play a sport professionally if you don't want to win and have no ambition other than to pick up a wage at the end of the week ?

It's beyond time for the players to get angry with themselves, get the fingers out and show some fight.

Completely agree. Maybe it's a function of all these short term contracts or graduates from our youth team who can't get away quick enough but there is a lack of commitment to SMFC that needs to be addressed.

Perhaps a little shit is just what we need now.......................

Gentleman's agreement or clause in his contract what's the difference the conditions agreed when he signed the contract were met - would we really have done better with an embittered player?

Hamilton have done better than us but they have struck when the iron was hot in the top six with the top scorer in the league at the time whereas we we've been in the bottom three all season. But to counter your argument when was the last time Motherwell got a big money transfer. As in many other respects we're doing better than some and worse than others.

I stand by my long held opinion that we should always go for an up & comer and the two hot ones at the moment are Steve Aitken (my preference) & Ian Murray.

Perhaps a little shit is just what we need now.......................

Gentleman's agreement or clause in his contract what's the difference the conditions agreed when he signed the contract were met - would we really have done better with an embittered player?

Hamilton have done better than us but they have struck when the iron was hot in the top six with the top scorer in the league at the time whereas we we've been in the bottom three all season. But to counter your argument when was the last time Motherwell got a big money transfer. As in many other respects we're doing better than some and worse than others.

I stand by my long held opinion that we should always go for an up & comer and the two hot ones at the moment are Steve Aitken (my preference) & Ian Murray.

I liked a lot of the stuff Danny was trying to introduce - like sports psychologists and fitness coaches. Again the cut backs blew this away. You just need to listen to some of the TC and, sorry to say, GT stuff and it's just tired old cliches.

Everyone reacts differently. I suspect you feel as sick as the next Saints fan and some of the players. However, there has been a lack of passion at this club and that's enough to make you weep.

Yeah I'd agree with that.

Losing is awful.

Believe me I fecking HATE losing.

I do believe strongly in losing in the right way if I'm going to lose at all.

Lose with dignity intact and lose fighting all the way.

It saddens me that our players appear to be giving up but it's their choice to down tools and buckle if that's what they decide.

It's also a bit depressing seeing so many of our fans losing with no dignity at all.

I'm not talking about shedding a tear. I'm talking about the sort of ranting we are seeing all over this forum and at games.

You can add in the embarassing blame culture and appalling accusations against our board of directors which is completely unacceptable.

IMO people who behave like that DESERVE to lose.

Unfortunately they are supporting the same side as me.

Losing is awful.

It saddens me that our players appear to be giving up but it's their choice to down tools and buckle if that's what they decide.

It's also a bit depressing seeing so many of our fans losing with no dignity at all.

I'm not talking about shedding a tear. I'm talking about the sort of ranting we are seeing all over this forum and at games.

You can add in the embarassing blame culture and appalling accusations against our board of directors which is completely unacceptable.

Could you at least limit this shite to one particular thread?

You talk about "losing with dignity" but make it sound like apathy. Football's the national sport and invokes a great deal of passion among fans, armchair and regular attendees alike. If some of the passion displayed on here (and I'm not condoning some of the vitriol) could in some way spark some sort of response from the BOD, the manager or the players then it would be a good thing surely, even if it was in contrast to your own value system?

Our BOD saved this club and they should always be remembered for that but the transient nature of sport, and football in particular, means that the focus is very much on their more recent endeavours and unfortunately they are coming across more and more as a bunch of apathetic, stubborn and greedy bastards whose valuation of the club is now like an anchor dragging us down to the championship.

Irrespective of whatever good they've undoubtedly done in the past it's the present and immediate future we should all be more concerned with and they should be taken to task on their mismanagement of things in recent times.

This season has been a completely avoidable clusterf**k.

Losing is awful.

Although I hate to admit to being in agreement with you, you are indeed spot on.

And when you have fools bleating about a letter missing from the front of the stadium you really do need to start wondering about the sanity of certain individuals...

:lol:

Although I hate to admit to being in agreement with you, you are indeed spot on.

And when you have fools bleating about a letter missing from the front of the stadium you really do need to start wondering about the sanity of certain individuals...

:lol:

I think you're missing the point about that missing letter.

From what I've read, it's more to do with the 'couldn't really give a f**k about anything' attitude that seems to be ever present at our club.

That, as I see it, was just an example of the proof of that attitude.