De Vita

Most of that squad will not be here next season and maybe that's not a bad thing. Other teams manage to bring in quality so our next big decision is to appoint the right manager and not the current incumbent.

Next season will be kids from Ralston with the odd experienced pro. If you think this year's side was youthful and lacking in experience...

Was De Vita ever on trial with us or is that one of these urban myths?

Next season will be kids from Ralston with the odd experienced pro. If you think this year's side was youthful and lacking in experience...

He definitely was. He was pictured on SNSPix training with the french lad from Plymouth and one or two others in January

There will be no chance of us going with more youth than experience. We should still be able to bring in experienced players that will, if nothing else, stabilise us n the league. Also, our young players are not good enough to play week in week out.

He definitely was. He was pictured on SNSPix training with the french lad from Plymouth and one or two others in January

Fair enough. No doubt he wanted more than fifty quid a week.

There will be no chance of us going with more youth than experience. We should still be able to bring in experienced players that will, if nothing else, stabilise us n the league. Also, our young players are not good enough to play week in week out.

What we should do and what the board will choose to do are two totally different things. The budget will be absolutely slashed and we'll play kids, regardless of ability.

Fair enough. No doubt he wanted more than fifty quid a week.

What we should do and what the board will choose to do are two totally different things. The budget will be absolutely slashed and we'll play kids, regardless of ability.

Then back to back relegations and part time football beckons. And as we've seen, it's a hell of a long way back from there.

Then back to back relegations and part time football beckons. And as we've seen, it's a hell of a long way back from there.

Totally agree. Thought I was the only one worried about back-to-back relegations but at the SMiSA meeting earlier someone else said similar and everyone was pretty much in agreement.

Still, we'll have the best balance sheet in the lower leagues. That's worth something, right?

I'm sure De Vita played a bounce game in January and never showed up good enough. Gary was under pressure to bring a proven striker in and he didn't fit the bill. Saying that, there was no Plan B striker in the waiting.

Ah, yes. Also known as the 'Paul Ritchie effect'...

Morton and dunfermline are were were heading. Sad sad times and completely avoidable. Tommy was a disaster but they bagged him and appointed another yes man and the youth coach. We deserve to drop and yes we will do well to stay in the championship with McLear, cheesy and kids representing us. We're down and we're a joke once again. Hamilton, county,well,Killie,st.j and Dundee all putting us to shame

More likely we couldn't afford him

I'd imagine that may be the case, we looked at Hasselbaink and couldn't afford him either. I saw warning signs when Teale said he didn't realise how tough it would be to bring players in. No way we can guarantee the lad would have impressed had he signed.

Was just thinking the same thing. Both County and Motherwell ahead thanks to De Vita and Pearson respectively.

That's the difference, I suppose. They signed quality....aside from Dayton we signed kids and shite. We're dead in the water.

Sadlier is deffo not shite, recognise quality when you see it.

Sadlier is deffo not shite, recognise quality when you see it.

Tell me where I said he was. Kids AND shite. Not shite kids.

Here are some examples to help you untangle this mystery:

Sonupe, Sadlier - kids

Gow, Arquin - Shite

I accept your apology in advance.

Edited by djchapsticks

Tell me where I said he was. Kids AND shite. Not shite kids.

Here are some examples to help you untangle this mystery:

Sonupe, Sadlier - kids

Gow, Arquin - Shite

I accept your apology in advance.

He is not a kid either, he is 20, so I await your apology!

A 20 year old with no first team experience before signing for us isn't a kid?!

Aye, OK.

And why would I apologise? I didn't accuse you of anything. You falsely surmised that I'd called someone shite when I clearly never.

Oh okay, an education on age terminology now as well, very good, the fact that Sadlier had no prior first team experience before joining the club still does not make him a kid, just inexperienced which is very different, but still not shite!

Oh and by the way, the correct grammar is "I clearly did not" - not "I clearly never."

Look as a supporter you are entitled to your opinion, so let's leave it at that eh?