Happy 28Th Anniversary

A bit of a long shot.

I've asked before with no luck.

Can anybody post the Sportscene highlights from that night.

Especially want to see again the Team coming back from Hampden plus the Open Top Bus Parade while " oh when the Saints " is getting belted out in the background.

My VHS tape was overplayed and ruined.

It was an excellent day for me. I went on a bus run by Kennedys pub, all on the bus were in the main Rangers supporters, however on the day were Saints supporters. Not only was it a great achievement St.mirren winning the cup, but I also won the raffles held on the bus, a bottle of whisky, and another win on the football card.

My heart stopped when Dundee Utd scored a perfectably good goal and started beating rapidly when it was ruled offside. A bigger thrill followed when Ian Ferguson hit the winner for us in extra time.

Cannot wait for the next set of celebrations, be it winning the Scottish Championship, winning the Scottish Cup or Winning the league cup. We have already won the League cup in 2013 beating Celtic on the way now it will be Rangers turn to beat on the way to winning the Scottish Cup.

To all the doubters you can rest assured St.Mirren will be back to winning ways sometime in the future.

Edited by stripey

A bit of a long shot.

I've asked before with no luck.

Can anybody post the Sportscene highlights from that night.

Especially want to see again the Team coming back from Hampden plus the Open Top Bus Parade while " oh when the Saints " is getting belted out in the background.

My VHS tape was overplayed and ruined.

I have it on tape somewhere... i'll try and video it on my camera..

The scenes at the final whistle inside Hampden and then in the town afterwards are what sets us apart from the ugly sisters. An unbelievable sight walking up causeyside St and on to Neilston road heading back to Glenburn. Where just about every house had a flag or a scarf flying, the town was vibrant and alive with happy people.

Lump in my throat just thinking about what it meant to me my brothers and my Dad who was at Hampden in 1959.

Proud to be buddies.

Should bring back that strip for another airing in season 2017. If we're still with JD, they could do it no problem at all with their bespoke design service, a take on it, minus the three Adidas stripes. Would be a nice way to commemorate 30 years of that Dundee United goal being five hundred yards offside.

The goal was 100% offside to anyone who's read the offide law, unlike Terry Butcher or Archie McPherson.

'A player is in an offside position when he or she is in the opponents' half of the pitch and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-to-last opponent (usually the last defensive player in front of the goalkeeper)'.

i.e. Campbell Money is off his line, and is the third-to-last defender when Ferguson shoots.

In order to be onside, Kevin Gallacher needs to be further from the goal-line than both Tommy Wilson and Derek Hamilton, which he quite clearly is not.

Unequivocally, 100% offside.

Still shat it, though.

The goal was 100% offside to anyone who's read the offide law, unlike Terry Butcher or Archie McPherson.

'A player is in an offside position when he or she is in the opponents' half of the pitch and closer to the opponents' goal line than both the ball and the second-to-last opponent (usually the last defensive player in front of the goalkeeper)'.

i.e. Campbell Money is off his line, and is the third-to-last defender when Ferguson shoots.

In order to be onside, Kevin Gallacher needs to be further from the goal-line than both Tommy Wilson and Derek Hamilton, which he quite clearly is not.

Unequivocally, 100% offside.

Still shat it, though.

Now we are just knickerwetters.

But Butcher also said he thought Redford was offside when he collected the ball

I agree with him

I was just watching that again to see if you could pick up the position of Winnie and Brian Hamilton, who could potentially have been playing Redford onside at that point. It's not clear, but I did notice that if Brian Hamilton had gotten off his mark and tracked Ferguson's run better, it might not have been a goal in the first place, and Hamish McAlpine and Co would have had nothing to greet about (literally, in his caselaugh.png ).

Anyway, one way or the other, the officials got it right, even if they just guessed.