New Kit Spoiler Alert

I get that mate. It is JD's problem but we should be given assurance that the club are kicking arses over this. Saying they are working on the problem is inadequate and means nothing. How hard are they working on it?

I fear the board don't see replica strips as being a big deal, but it's a big deal to the people like us that sit in the West Stand week in week out and it's certainly a big deal to the future generation of supporter.

If your board of directors are taking that attitude then they really shouldn't be in their seats.

The fans council, representatives, whoever, should be asking the board, if that is the case, then why is that the case.

Is it down to the JD contract?

Do JD as shirt sponsors, stadium sponsor, dome sponsor and kit manufacturer, make one single payment per year for everything?

Or is each part broken down? Do they receive extra money depending on breaking a ceiling on sales? And if so, is that target achievable?

Where does kit income sit in relation to Season Ticket income, sponsorship, catering income, etc?

Owning your teams kit as a child is a right of passage. Fans wearing the top is free advertising for the St Mirren. the club should be doing everything in their power to make sure anyone who wants one, should be able to buy a St Mirren top.

If your board of directors are taking that attitude then they really shouldn't be in their seats.

The fans council, representatives, whoever, should be asking the board, if that is the case, then why is that the case.

Is it down to the JD contract?

Do JD as shirt sponsors, stadium sponsor, dome sponsor and kit manufacturer, make one single payment per year for everything?

Or is each part broken down? Do they receive extra money depending on breaking a ceiling on sales? And if so, is that target achievable?

Where does kit income sit in relation to Season Ticket income, sponsorship, catering income, etc?

Owning your teams kit as a child is a right of passage. Fans wearing the top is free advertising for the St Mirren. the club should be doing everything in their power to make sure anyone who wants one, should be able to buy a St Mirren top.

The directors of the club (company) are duty bound to make decisions which are in the best interests of the club as a whole.

JD provide a LOT of sponsorship to the club in loads of different areas. It's not quite as simple as shrugging shoulders and saying kick them out.

If the decision was to put up with a shambolic replica kit launch and have two new players in the squad, versus a perfect kit launch and no new players then it becomes slightly more difficult to argue.

I'm really pissed off about the kit launch fiasco. One of the biggest sports retailers in the country SHOULD be doing better.

Look at the background though;

JD can't really be blamed for the designs last year, the was the clubs doing, and actually the launch last year was very good as the strips were out before the season even ended, exactly when they should be out.

It's unfortunate that the terrible design then meant poor sales and a lot of surplus stock which in turn meant a delayed launch this year, and they then compounded that with the sizing fiasco.

It's all been a catalog of f**k ups, no doubt about it, but IF it's fixed inside a couple of weeks hopefully the damage won't be too great.

The directors of the club (company) are duty bound to make decisions which are in the best interests of the club as a whole.

JD provide a LOT of sponsorship to the club in loads of different areas. It's not quite as simple as shrugging shoulders and saying kick them out.

If the decision was to put up with a shambolic replica kit launch and have two new players in the squad, versus a perfect kit launch and no new players then it becomes slightly more difficult to argue.

I'm really pissed off about the kit launch fiasco. One of the biggest sports retailers in the country SHOULD be doing better.

Look at the background though;

JD can't really be blamed for the designs last year, the was the clubs doing, and actually the launch last year was very good as the strips were out before the season even ended, exactly when they should be out.

It's unfortunate that the terrible design then meant poor sales and a lot of surplus stock which in turn meant a delayed launch this year, and they then compounded that with the sizing fiasco.

It's all been a catalog of f**k ups, no doubt about it, but IF it's fixed inside a couple of weeks hopefully the damage won't be too great.

The problem though Div is that in 'year one' of the JD deal there were many problems, which we were clearly told would be sorted in 'year two' - pretty sure forum users remember this. Here we are years and years later. Still problems.

If it is such a good deal for the club, fine - stick with JD and sign deal, after deal - but get it fcuking sorted!

Edit: Meant to say - in regard to getting it fcuking sorted.... 1. A good launch date. 2. Make the things fit people properly. 3. Have all sizes available, certainly for launch. 4. Get the online 'discrepencies' bollocks sorted. 4. Get our presence in their stores upped - we are clearly second fiddle. 5. Never let your own designers near a St Mirren strip again - leave that to St Mirren fans.

Edited by pozbaird

The problem though Div is that in 'year one' of the JD deal there were many problems, which we were clearly told would be sorted in 'year two' - pretty sure forum users remember this. Here we are years and years later. Still problems.

If it is such a good deal for the club, fine - stick with JD and sign deal, after deal - but get it fcuking sorted!

I know mate but the lessons of year 1 were learned in year 2. The kit launch last season was great. It was early, the kit was available in all sizes, it was great, apart from the design being f**king abysmal !!

That wasn't JD's fault but it started a chain of events that impacted on this years launch.

This year we got the design right but f**ked up with the launch directly because of the surplus stock from the previous season. We then get the sizing issue flung in for good measure.

It IS a clusterf**k, no question, but it isn't ALL down to JD.

I know mate but the lessons of year 1 were learned in year 2. The kit launch last season was great. It was early, the kit was available in all sizes, it was great, apart from the design being f**king abysmal !!

That wasn't JD's fault but it started a chain of events that impacted on this years launch.

This year we got the design right but f**ked up with the launch directly because of the surplus stock from the previous season. We then get the sizing issue flung in for good measure.

It IS a clusterf**k, no question, but it isn't ALL down to JD.

Edited my last post as you posted this.... But last year's great kit launch date wasn't 'year two'. Year one was the 'Fila' strip, year two was the LC winning strip, year three was the 'Blacks' strip, and the kiddie's pirate costume fiasco was year four, with the new Fan Council designed strip year five.

Edited by pozbaird

Edited my last post as you posted this.

Don't disagree with any of those points mate. I'm still unsure why they didn't just leave you in charge of the designs. It wasn't broke, so didn't need fixed !

How long does the JD contract run for?

This is our second three-year deal with them, so the kiddie's pirate costume, the current nice looking one, and whatever they come up with next season - the UN are working hard to have Andrea Bocelli and Stevie Wonder released from captivity and their slave labour contracts in JDs Chinese design studio.

Edited by pozbaird

Just back from holiday and took my son into JD to collect the full kit that we had pre-ordered as a birthday surprise for him, having been sent two text messages that the order was in store. Socks and shorts were there but surprise, surprise, no top. The wee man did all he could do to stop bursting into tears.

Told it "should" be in next week but that we would probably be better asking for a refund as the chances were his head wouldn't fit through the neck hole anyway.

Seriously St. Mirren. Having children cry on their birthday is not great customer service.

The sooner this bunch of shysters is kicked into touch the better. Year after year of continually shocking service surely is tantamount to breach of contract?

Nothing about our club surprises me anymore though. We just stumble from one ridiculous decision to another.

I had exact same problem cane back from hol on the wed the wee man been going on about getting the strip fir weeks. Told him the date it was out so went down the thur morning and a size 8-10 didn't fit a 6 year old. Was advised not to buy so he was upset

He goes to almost every home and away game at the age if 6 is st mirren mad. And then bought him the barca strip till the new one comes out. It's a disgrace

I had exact same problem cane back from hol on the wed the wee man been going on about getting the strip fir weeks. Told him the date it was out so went down the thur morning and a size 8-10 didn't fit a 6 year old. Was advised not to buy so he was upset

He goes to almost every home and away game at the age if 6 is st mirren mad. And then bought him the barca strip till the new one comes out. It's a disgrace

Point of principal I hope you went to Sports Direct for the Barca top and didn't give JD a penny, or better still Greaves which is a real sports shop with staff that care about customer service!

Terrible state of affairs, it really is.

This should really be the simplest sell of all time as well. It's a nice kit, on the back of an absolutely f**king horrible one last season.

How have they got this so terribly wrong that we have kids crying in shops, and adults charging around looking for scraps to buy.

One week after it was officially released. ONE WEEK !!