New Kit Spoiler Alert

Would love us to sign up with Umbro. They've been doing some really nice and simple retro style kits recently.

Also, we're supposed to wear the new away kit against Sheffield Wednesday so surely it will be revealed pretty soon...

Think I'll just wait and see what new t-shirts the club shop get in for this season. Too many tales of woe, material too thin, stains inside the shirt etc and no doubt the sponsors logo will peel and flake after a couple of washes. Maybe I'm getting old but I'm not too bothered about not buying it

Changed my mind, I'm gonna get it. My only concern is that I've got to order online and have it delivered. Has anyone else who've had it delivered A) received it reasonably quickly, and B) Has the quality been good i.e. no stains inside or loose threads hanging down

Would love us to sign up with Umbro. They've been doing some really nice and simple retro style kits recently.

Also, we're supposed to wear the new away kit against Sheffield Wednesday so surely it will be revealed pretty soon...

Would not be at all surprised to see us wearing last seasons yellow kit

Daughter and i got a new shirt each before the Bradford game. Love the design but had to sift through the rack to find ones without defects. Some had loose threads while others had feint horizontal lines just above the JD shield. had to get a size up from my usual and can get it over my head but must exercise caution when doing so. Will have to watch if i'm taking it off after being on the drink. May not be as careful and tear it to bits.

Just got my top its covered in brown marks right around the collar not good

That's a design feature to mimic the brown marks in our pants from last season.

On a more serious note... It's going well isn't it? The new kit. No-one seems to be having any issues.... Well, apart from the recalled faulty batches, the pre-order fcuk-ups, kids being left disappointed, neck hole too small, loose threads and shoddy finishing, strange unwanted marks, the perennial issues between online stock and actual stock.... and the fact that despite being the only place St Mirren fans can buy St Mirren shirts, the cnuts hide an odds and sods ragtag selection of our brand new kit behind piles of Sellik third kits and Sevco United change shirts.

Kick this mob into touch!

On a more serious note... It's going well isn't it? The new kit. No-one seems to be having any issues.... Well, apart from the recalled faulty batches, the pre-order fcuk-ups, kids being left disappointed, neck hole too small, loose threads and shoddy finishing, strange unwanted marks, the perennial issues between online stock and actual stock.... and the fact that despite being the only place St Mirren fans can buy St Mirren shirts, the cnuts hide an odds and sods ragtag selection of our brand new kit behind piles of Sellik third kits and Sevco United change shirts.

You can't blame Braehead or Silverburn shops for not forcibly promoting us,that's just common sense business wise.The Paisley store should have their front window decked out in Saints stuff.....common sense or not.

You can't blame Braehead or Silverburn shops for not forcibly promoting us,that's just common sense business wise.The Paisley store should have their front window decked out in Saints stuff.....common sense or not.

Oh, but I do blame them. Our stadium is emblazoned with their branding and we are one of their 'stable' of clubs that they actually kit out. It appears however that we are the only club who cannot or do not, sell our own strips in our own club shop.

If the deal is we can only sell our kit in three JD Stores.... let's not forget because they want more of our cash for footwear and general sportswear purchases while they have 'hooked us in there' - then I certainly expect more than a handful of shirts hidden behind racks of Old Firm shirts.

Do I expect JD stores, or big sections of them, to resemble St Mirren shops emblazoned in black and white? Certainly not. Do I care that Old Firm and Barcelona / Man Utd / Chelsea shirts share space with us? Certainly not. St Mirren shirts are not the only thing that matter, of course they aren't.

We HAVE to go into their three shops though. We have no alternative. There is no competition.

They are doing a piss-poor, utterly shit job, and they can fcuking whistle for my 'footfall'.

apart from all that, must have been a good deal financially for the club. Been led to believe that is all that should matter, Taking a deal that puts the most into St Mirrens coffers, even if it means selling our soul to the devil.

For a few dollars more, St Mirren will

allow a replica kit supplier to provide the most shoddy of shoddy provisions

rebrand it's stadium.

use part of the busiest home stand {inconveniencing St Mirren supporters} to accommodate away fans of some clubs.

I'd rather see an active commercial department maximising revenue streams so that St Mirren didn't feel the need to sell it's soul f0r a few dollars more.

Here's hoping, the BoD are paying attention & already thinking of where to go once this deal finishes {too much to expect their being a clause to extricate The Club from the current deal in time for next season}

apart from all that, must have been a good deal financially for the club. Been led to believe that is all that should matter, Taking a deal that puts the most into St Mirrens coffers, even if it means selling our soul to the devil.

For a few dollars more, St Mirren will

allow a replica kit supplier to provide the most shoddy of shoddy provisions

rebrand it's stadium.

use part of the busiest home stand {inconveniencing St Mirren supporters} to accommodate away fans of some clubs.

I'd rather see an active commercial department maximising revenue streams so that St Mirren didn't feel the need to sell it's soul f0r a few dollars more.

Here's hoping, the BoD are paying attention & already thinking of where to go once this deal finishes {too much to expect their being a clause to extricate The Club from the current deal in time for next season}

Just my personal opinion, and I have said it before, but if the JD deal is so much better financially than anything else the club could reasonably have expected to get from anyone else - great. Brilliant, stick with JD Sports. Stick with them for as long as you want.... but like any partnership the club enter into, if there are glaring problems, and with the JD deal there clearly are, then for goodness sake sort them out. We've been with them for five years and it is still rubbish.

REA alluded in an earlier post that the terms of the deal should be providing more than a tiny selection of our shirts papped behind OF displays. Why aren't the club onto JD Sports to fix us up properly then?

Edited by pozbaird

Indeed, when St Mirren shirts would hardly sell 5% what the Old Firm would sell.

That wouldn't make business sense.

Indeed, when St Mirren shirts would hardly sell 5% what the Old Firm would sell.

That wouldn't make business sense.

Of course they do, but I don't think it's anything like that ratio in those 3 store's,

A little more advertising on the windows and/or maybe a small display area on a wall

dedicated to all things St Mirren shouldn't be to much to ask considering they have

there logo's plastered all over our stadium.

Edited by scrappy coco

Of course they do, but I don't think it's anything like that ratio in those 3 store's,

A little more advertising on the windows and/or maybe a small display area on a wall

dedicated to all things St Mirren shouldn't be to much to ask considering they have

there logo's plastered all over our stadium.

But surely it's all relative to sales?

Space for advertising is limited and any business would allocate space to their biggest sales items?

We're a diddy team, there is no issue here, we get what we get relative to what shops will sell, and that's next to fcuk all compared to the Old Firm.

PS All this bluster our shirts are "hidden".................1eye.gif

Our shirts are in the store, maybe it's a game of hide and seek but they are there. lol.gif

Edited by faraway saint

It's accepted that we're a diddy club, with minimal sales compared to the OF etc. But with that being the case, why don't JD just let us sell the strips in our club shop? They wouldn't have to pay lip service by stocking strips for a diddy club and we wouldn't have to grudgingly traipse to their shops in a shopping centre. Everyone's a winner.

Edited by Edinbuddie

Its a joke imo, official merchandise on matchday and obv days outwith etc is a no brainer, it must have been discussed when deal was first made though, it would be interesting to know how much better financially the whole jd scenario has been etc over other options

It's accepted that we're a diddy club, with minimal sales compared to the OF etc. But with that being the case, why don't JD just let us sell the strips in our club shop? They wouldn't have to pay lip service by stocking strips for a diddy club and we wouldn't have to grudgingly traipse to their shops in a shopping centre. Everyone's a winner.

Agreed.