Trialists Update

I am sure one of those trialist names on the bench is my Auntie Jean? She only went down to Ralston for a casual job in the canteen, mind you she knows where the hair 'Nets' are.... She can do a job..... No nonsense... And is a lunch 'Box to Box' player.

'mon auntie Jean!

No funny.

There are 2 realistic play off spots available for 8 clubs to aim for... in a league that contains Alloa, Dumbarton, Faith & Morton.

FFS, if we fail to get in the plays off then Ian Murrays career in football management should be over!

Cannot believe folk getting in excuses and defending a hypothetical failure before the season even starts!

There are 2 realistic play off spots available for 8 clubs to aim for... in a league that contains Alloa, Dumbarton, Faith & Morton.

FFS, if we fail to get in the plays off then Ian Murrays career in football management should be over!

Cannot believe folk getting in excuses and defending a hypothetical failure before the season even starts!

English please. 1eye.gif

I agree, I can't believe folk are setting out the rules for our manager to get sacked before the season even starts.

English please. 1eye.gif

I agree, I can't believe folk are setting out the rules for our manager to get sacked before the season even starts.

Dearie me, when someone starts picking up on typos then you know they've lost the debate.

When do you suggest the rules for sacking are set out, if not at the start of the season?

God there is a fair number of our regulars who have short or even medium term memories.

Saints have always been one of these teams that fair scunner you. They intermittently win a cup or a 2nd tier league or they flounder in the lower ends of the top league, but there are periods in our history when we have to re-group or await an influx of better players to get us out of our doldrums.

I believe we are in these doldrums just now and may be for a season or two. Does that bother me........... no, not really. I will still go along, maybe not every week, but I'll still turn up, shout, cajole, throw in the odd sweary word, cheer and clap as I have ever since my first visit to Love Street.

I hope for the sake of Ian Murray that the Board give him time, no matter whether he gets top 4 this year or not. He should be able to blend a team out of as many trialists as he needs or wants to see and when will that happen, as long as it takes really.

So stop expecting too much, learn to be a true Buddie and just accept what comes along. clap.gif

As usual you have been selective again with my comment that most clubs set out targets for their season and I cited several examples such as promotion, avoiding relegation, winning a trophy etc. You choose winning promotion which I never said most manager set out to achieve. Some are realistic in their approach and know their squad limitations.

I do performance improvement and management for a living so fully understand the SMART planning framework.

i am sorry Ned but if you think an 'Expectation' is more specific and measurable than a Target you need to bone up on your chosen profession.

Snipers don't shoot at expectations!

But glad you've downgraded your assertions about most clubs to "Some are realistic in their approach and know their squad limitations." Rather than saying they are all targeting promotion/cup wins.

Look how many players Inverness have signed from the lower end of the English leagues and they have turned out to be really good players up in Scotland. Created a really good team.

Maybe with Murray looking more into that region could be a good thing. He could potentially find a few players that could do us a turn. Just need to wait and see what he has mind with the trialists that played against Burnley.

Before anyone says but look at the last couple of players we signed from lower league England Lewis Guy and James Marwood. They weren't exactly the best of players but look who recommended them. A certain Tommy Craig wouldn't say he has the best eye for a player. Hopefully Murray has a better one

Look how many players Inverness have signed from the lower end of the English leagues and they have turned out to be really good players up in Scotland. Created a really good team.

Maybe with Murray looking more into that region could be a good thing. He could potentially find a few players that could do us a turn. Just need to wait and see what he has mind with the trialists that played against Burnley.

Before anyone says but look at the last couple of players we signed from lower league England Lewis Guy and James Marwood. They weren't exactly the best of players but look who recommended them. A certain Tommy Craig wouldn't say he has the best eye for a player. Hopefully Murray has a better one

No one can accuse Murray at not looking at enough of them!

i am sorry Ned but if you think an 'Expectation' is more specific and measurable than a Target you need to bone up on your chosen profession.

But glad you've downgraded your assertions about most clubs to "Some are realistic in their approach and know their squad limitations." Rather than saying they are all targeting promotion/cup wins.

Never said that. Read my posts again. You are on the wind up bud and again chosing words to fit your own argument. Every club will have objectives, targets and expectations so wtf are you going on about? You are one of those who is out of step on a military parade square who tells the drill sergeant that you are in step and everyone else is wrong.

If you want me go explain the business management so that you fully grasp how targets and objectives are delivered let me know and I will give you mates rates to present it to you. Other than than I will simply ignore your pessimistic ramblings.

You really are a clown

Is McFadden still without a club, surely he'd have been worth a look and would probably take a wage cut to get playing. Rather we looked at guys that we have some idea on their capabilities. There's just something happening that is starting to resemble last pre season, hopefully it doesn't turn out the same way. I did think we'd be better prepared at this stage

Never said that. Read my posts again. You are on the wind up bud and again chosing words to fit your own argument. Every club will have objectives, targets and expectations so wtf are you going on about? You are one of those who is out of step on a military parade square who tells the drill sergeant that you are in step and everyone else is wrong.

If you want me go explain the business management so that you fully grasp how targets and objectives are delivered let me know and I will give you mates rates to present it to you. Other than than I will simply ignore your pessimistic ramblings.

I would look forward to that presentation Ned, but I don't suffer fools gladly. Pray tell what coaching models do you recommend?

I have written several coaching courses, helped a national retailer with 80,000 employees attain its targets, been both an internal Business Partner and ran my own Business management consultancy working with varied organisations. But I am always willing to learn, and concede gracefully when my arse is oot the windae.

Would anyone take Anier from Dundee Utd on loan as part of the McGinn deal? By all accounts he's been rotten for them but was alright for Motherwell a couple of years back. Might do ok at this level. We need strikers anyway, so we should be looking to get one off then for the reduced development fee.

Would anyone take Anier from Dundee Utd on loan as part of the McGinn deal? By all accounts he's been rotten for them but was alright for Motherwell a couple of years back. Might do ok at this level. We need strikers anyway, so we should be looking to get one off then for the reduced development fee.

Would be a good signing compared to a young striker from Utd, he'd do well in our league.