Trialists Update

I would look forward to that presentation Ned, but I don't suffer fools gladly. Pray tell what coaching models do you recommend?

I have written several coaching courses, helped a national retailer with 80,000 employees attain its targets, been both an internal Business Partner and ran my own Business management consultancy working with varied organisations. But I am always willing to learn, and concede gracefully when my arse is oot the windae.

Not to mention you still find time to constantly prattle on about shite on a fan's forum......

Meanwhile back on topic... Isn't anyone else concerned that we have become the Elephants Graveyard for trialists in the UK?

What happened to the players Murray said he knew and wanted, half the mothers of these trialists don't feckin know them!

Aye, the players that Murray said he may have to wait till August for?

I'm guessing he's probably waiting on them like he said he was.

Don't let that get in the way of your agenda though.

Everyone should just sit back and relax. Ian Murray comes across well in interviews with the media (and prospective employers). Who cares if we only have about 14 players signed 1 week before our first competitive fixture of the season and are starting some of our last friendlies with line ups full of trialists we are still not sure about? Who cares if we have scored about 1 goal in all our pre-season kickabouts so far?

If we bomb this year at least the post-match interviews will be class, and shall feature better grammar than under previous regimes. Happy times.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

But you are not playing the game DOP. This forum is all about negativity, panic and feeding trolls (in spectacular style over the last few days). No need for this positive, calm nonsense.

I think he was taking the piss mate.

So much whooshing in this thread that it's made me dizzy.

As I said the other day, I'm guessing that we're waiting on a few answers from some players who might be holding out for clubs at a higher level, but have intimated they'll sign with us if those deals don't work out.

Got to trust Murray, until he gives us cause not to.

As I said the other day, I'm guessing that we're waiting on a few answers from some players who might be holding out for clubs at a higher level, but have intimated they'll sign with us if those deals don't work out.

If they are using us as a last resort, then i would tell them to bolt. Playing for the black in white jersey is what its all about!

Edited by kevo_smfc

If they are using us as a last resort, then i would tell them to bolt. Playing for the black in white jersey is what its all about!

In fairytale land perhaps but we can't operate on that assumption. Any footballer is going to pick a Premier side over a Championship side, unless you have the Sevco £££ signs in your eyes.

Sorry Ned you are way off 'target' on this one. As any school kid knows in this meaning of the word we are discussing a 'Target' is "a level, or situation that you intend to achieve" where as an 'Expectation' is "a strong belief that something will happen, or be the case" .

Targets or Objectives are Smart, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time or resource constrained... S.M.A.R.T. To that end i disagree with your presumption that 'Most Clubs' set targets to win the league or cup... I would imagine 'Most Clubs' set out expectations around performances, league position, going on a cup run. Then specifically set targets about which league position they want to achieve come season end.

I can tell you though if the chairman of Man City pumps millions in and then says 'I expect the championship' it goes along way to explaining why the bought Sterling! Because he could certainly drag them down a division!

What absolute P!SH. I take it you were doing needlework when others were learning the English language?

"A 'Target' is "a level, or situation that you intend AIM to achieve"

Hence the word "TARGET"

Edited by stlucifer

I think you can play 2 trialists in the first round. Might be wrong.

You can.

Ian Murray's transfer window should be judged on the 1st of September and not before.

A lot of loan players won't become available until other clubs have done their business. For example Aberdeen might only let us get Shankland if they get another striker in themselves. Equally, there will be free agents out there who will be hoping to get a better deal than ourselves. Can we fault players for not committing to us incase something better comes along? Nope.

Some of our best signings of recent times have been made late in the widow. At the minute we should have a strong enough team to get through on Saturday, then we have two weeks to get ready for Ibrox. Plenty of time.