Lee Miller Free Agent

Quote from today's Evening Times by Mark Spalding :-

"We’ll do our usual opposition analysis, get the scouts down to watch them, and devise our game plan from there. It’s a midweek game which is always ideal for keeping the boys ticking over.”

Who are they?

This lot of course...post-4944-0-41085900-1438091334_thumb.jp

How about offering the likes of Lord Pity Me, Elvis and Stuart Dickson the chance to act in a positive role for their beloved club for a change?

Any other suggestions?

Dicko already claimed to have. But nobody was listening to him. There's a surprise.

Regardless they were still guys who were a few years past their best. I've no Doubt Miller would get us 5 or 6 goals over the season like those guys did. But he isn't where we should be focused.

5 or 6 goals from a back up striker is pretty decent.

Indeed, last season, it would have made him our top scoring striker!

The question isn't about whether a player is past his best or not. The question is whether they could still do a job for us.

I have no idea if Lee Miller can but Hamilton & Wyness clearly did do a decent job for us.

Dargo's return probably wasn't good enough in relation to his wages while Annand was crap.

IMO!

5 or 6 goals from a back up striker is pretty decent.

Indeed, last season, it would have made him our top scoring striker!

The question isn't about whether a player is past his best or not. The question is whether they could still do a job for us.

I have no idea if Lee Miller can but Hamilton & Wyness clearly did do a decent job for us.

Dargo's return probably wasn't good enough in relation to his wages while Annand was crap.

IMO!

Wyness was rotten for us

Hamilton did a turn fair enough

We need pace and movement up front

We have already got a warhorse in Thommo and Gow is very experienced

No room for Miller

Wyness was rotten for us

Hamilton did a turn fair enough

We need pace and movement up front

We have already got a warhorse in Thommo and Gow is very experienced

No room for Miller

Having warhorse cover for Thompson - Sam Parkin - helped us win the League Cup.

Yardley & Lavety lacked pace and movement yet scored 35 goals between them one season at this level...

Yes sort of no nonsense centre half we could do with!

Damn it, looks like we missed out on him and Darren Barr. Why aren't we signing these top class internationalists? Typical amateur behaviour from St. Mirren.

Sack the board!

Why would St.Mirren need another ageing stricker!

With Gow and Thomo at the club seems a waste of time and money to me!

The Shankland boy from Aberdeen on loan is good for starters someone who's young mobile with pace and can play off Thommo/Gow!

Miller is a journey man for a reason! And the reason is when he gets to a new club they realise he's sh-te!

Morton would be a good fit right enough they are on the hunt for a stella signing after the success of Gary O'connor!!!

I see what you did there......or am I giving you undue credit ??

Perhaps we need a decent Forward, one of Stout Heart who could Foster a sense of togetherness that all good teams seem to have/want.......

sorry.gif

Having warhorse cover for Thompson - Sam Parkin - helped us win the League Cup.

Yardley & Lavety lacked pace and movement yet scored 35 goals between them one season at this level...

But they needed excellent delivery from Nicholson and Ross from both sides.

We also had Mendes a flying machine who caused defences to sit deep causing Yardley and Lavety to be further up the park

McGarry had good pace and movement also

Mendes was a very big miss for us when he left

But they needed excellent delivery from Nicholson and Ross from both sides.

We also had Mendes a flying machine who caused defences to sit deep causing Yardley and Lavety to be further up the park

McGarry had good pace and movement also

Mendes was a very big miss for us when he left

We have McMullan to do the Mendes job. Mallan & Agnew can deliver the set plays...

Don't get me wrong here. I'm not advocating the signing of Miller.

Just saying that if it were to happen, which I doubt, the I can see the logic. tongue.png

Edited by nosferatu