A New Low

I think those are fair comments.

Most people who make a step up career-wise go through an intense period of having their arse handed to them before they fathom out how to adapt.

Time is required. Certainly by Christmas, if he's not got things going in a positive direction I'd be concerned that he won't make it but it's obviously way too early at this stage.

Just need him to change his name by deed poll to Alex Neil!

There's no doubt that things have been difficult and that Murray is having to adapt to full time management, and the greater expectation that comes with managing a bigger club.

I'm disappointed that we don't have settled system of play, and that there's little consistency of selection to date. I don't think the chopping and changing can be helping anyone.

I also think that if he'd taken Dumbarton to Cappielow last week, and won a point with 10 men for the last half hour, then it would have been viewed very positively. I was disappointed that we set up with one up front, and seemed to almost be accepting a point as a decent result. In the circumstances, it did turn out to be a decent point, but I'd rather see us show a bit more ambition and look to cause the likes of Morton a problem by attacking them.

Everyone knows it a results based business, and has been stated on here before, Murray is also having to deal with the legacy of how piss poor we were last season.

I'm a wee bit fed up with comments on here about only playing 1 up front as if it's Levein's 4-6-0.

4-2-3-1 is how barcelona and the spanish national team became world beaters, entertaining all along the way - it only looks negative because we are sitting so deep that when the ball gets to Thommo our 3 attacking mids are about 15-20 yards away. it's not a negative if we pressed teams we'd have 4 up front most of the game.

I'm a wee bit fed up with comments on here about only playing 1 up front as if it's Levein's 4-6-0.

4-2-3-1 is how barcelona and the spanish national team became world beaters, entertaining all along the way - it only looks negative because we are sitting so deep that when the ball gets to Thommo our 3 attacking mids are about 15-20 yards away. it's not a negative if we pressed teams we'd have 4 up front most of the game.

So all the goals are going to come from 3 attacking mids - I am not holding my breath for our 3 midfielders getting into double figures in the goal scoring charts - unless we have not signed them YET

We ain't no Barcelona.

Teams need to play to their strengths. At the moment, I'm not sure that anyone (including the manager) knows where these strengths lie. Hopefully, with a settled formation and personnel, this will become a bit clearer.

It's a fair enough system to play if you've got the players to play it effectively. It's pretty evident from the early fixtures that we don't. Maybe it would work better if we pressed higher up the park, but we aren't playing that way.

Morton caused us problems on Friday because they played 2 up front, and even the most basic punt up the park allowed them to put pressure on our defence.

Whilst we are all getting our Dead Cats on the table, why is it the position of some posters that we should accept the fare provided by Murray's managerial reign so far because..... And i quote in paraphrase "we huv been shite afore"....

I don't remember Murray or Gilmour running that one up the flagpole when there was all this talk of "A real sense of Freshness around the club".....

We are not fresh we are feckin frozen turkeys at present!

Been disussing Murray with a colleague who is an ardent Dumbarton fan. A criticism that was often levelled at Murray from some of the Dumbarton fans was that he was too negative in his set up, overly cautious would be another description.

Interesting that when you look to a managers playing days and reference their position, it can ultimately impact on the teams style.

......recent back tracking................

McPherson, defender, football was murdrer ball

Lennon, mid fielder , more expansive and positive

Murray, defender, well , early indications are that a St Mirren striker may well be advised to join a be friending workshop

Still new days of course, and imo you must give a new man room to set up his footprint on the team. The challenge here and now though, pressure however will undoubtedly mount if St Mirren dont beat Livingston on Saturday

Now, fwiw said Dumbarton fan is very enthused with what he has seen from their new man in charge whistling.gif

Funny old game

To answer the topic headline. No it is not a new low. Personally I think the signs are quite good, once we lose the home form monkey. Given that our home form has been abysmal for years, any kind of run will lift the optimism in the stands. Many of the new signings look better than we had last season. 2 or 3 signings by Monday and I for one am confident the gloom will lift

To answer the topic headline. No it is not a new low. Personally I think the signs are quite good, once we lose the home form monkey. Given that our home form has been abysmal for years, any kind of run will lift the optimism in the stands. Many of the new signings look better than we had last season. 2 or 3 signings by Monday and I for one am confident the gloom will lift

We all hope you are right brother!!

yes exactly and one move in the game against the blue vermin proved that we can play that way...the midfield needs to support more i agree ;)

its that stadium im telling you

its like a morgue at times

should have filled the corners imo

its that stadium im telling you

its like a morgue at times

should have filled the corners imo

If we play good football and win games the atmosphere will follow. I remember St Mirren Park bouncing when we knocked Celtic out the cup.

We have been watching shite football for seasons now it needs to change.

Filling the corners in to make what a bigger empty stadium. Granted the roof is not wide enough outwith that its fine , its our home its the football that needs attention (immediately)

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

If we play good football and win games the atmosphere will follow. I remember St Mirren Park bouncing when we knocked Celtic out the cup.

Filling the corners in to make what a bigger empty stadium. Granted the roof is not wide enough outwith that its fine , its our home its the football that needs attention (immediately)

IF we play good football and win games - we need a team and management to make that happen.

Let's spend the money on the team and having a competitive squad before worrying about the stadium

nothing to do with that its been shit since we got there i cant remember a roudy croud since our love street days imho

the corners filled would have def gave for a more hostile atmosphere imho

but that's my view each to their own ;)

IF we play good football and win games - we need a team and management to make that happen.

Let's spend the money on the team and having a competitive squad before worrying about the stadium

the initial reply from me was regarding our home form (monkey of our back) was just giving my opinion

just look at our results home vrs away (i haven't even looked) and guarantee its better away from home

Edited by jama

infact if im honest it's always been our problem

unrealistic expectations which spews on to the park at home the away games are usually the happy clappers as some would call us/them

when we do not expect/scream/swear and instead back the team we do well

has always been the case

this goes way back

just my opinion

Edited by jama

Beaten by Livingstone - 1 of only 2 teams that are below us in the league.

We were at home and once again managed only 7 attempts on goal against their 11; could only manage 43% of the possession against their 57%

It is no surprise we are failing badly.

Here is hoping Webster, 2 Goal Scoring strikers, a creative midfielder and at least one more decent defender are bought in before the January transfer window opens.

Don't give me the" we are building crap" - we are failing badly in a league below last years and are now out of a major cup against a team that just should not be beating us.

Murray - we wait with baited breath.. but shaky nails will be appearing soon!!!!!

Another one that can take a flying one to himself and wring out his knickers. bye1.gif

nothing to do with that its been shit since we got there i cant remember a roudy croud since our love street days imho

the corners filled would have def gave for a more hostile atmosphere imho

but that's my view each to their own ;)

I think the biggest, most intense cheer came when Thommo scored the winner against Motherwell a year back in April or so after being two down. Shortly after Well's second goal the home fans really got behind the team by chanting "What a load of rubbish" alongside various shouts of "THAT'S FÚCKIN' SHITE SAINT MURN!" which I thought was a really great, positive supportive way to get behind the team and encourage them to fight back. I mean, after all, if someone at work tells YOU you're shite then you're obviously going to say "You know what mate? You're right. Thanks for pointing that out as I was unaware of it until you told me. Thanks to your insight I'm now going to dig in and prove my worth".

So when the winner went in and Saints got the three points the home fans went mental loud & chanted "we love you Saint Murn", which underlined the part they played in urging the team on to victory and was in no way whatsoever two-faced hypocrisy.......

Edited by Howard Hughes in BlueSuedeShoes

I think the biggest, most intense cheer came when Thommo scored the winner against Motherwell a year back in April or so after being two down. Shortly after Well's second goal the home fans really got behind the team by chanting "What a load of rubbish" alongside various shouts of "THAT'S FÚCKIN' SHITE SAINT MURN!" which I thought was a really great, positive supportive way to get behind the team and encourage them to fight back. I mean, after all, if someone at work tells YOU you're shite then you're obviously going to say "You know what mate? You're right. Thanks for pointing that out as I was unaware of it until you told me. Thanks to your insight I'm now going to dig in and prove my worth".

So when the winner went in and Saints got the three points the home fans went mental loud & chanted "we love you Saint Murn", which underlined the part they played in urging the team on to victory and was in no way whatsoever two-faced hypocrisy.......

quality

I often wonder if the "this is shite, I'm never going back" mob take this philosophy into other areas of their lives.

Maybe they dump their girlfriend / boyfriend if they don't get a blow job every night, or chuck their job because some days it's a bit mundane, or tell their kids they don't want to see them because they're annoying.

Just wondering.

I often wonder if the "this is shite, I'm never going back" mob take this philosophy into other areas of their lives.

Maybe they dump their girlfriend / boyfriend if they don't get a blow job every night, or chuck their job because some days it's a bit mundane, or tell their kids they don't want to see them because they're annoying.

Just wondering.

Do people get BJs every night?ohmy.png

Just wondering.