No Ambition. And A Fool As Manager.

Kemp

I suspect many will be getting a new past time which is the worry mate

Fair enough. If that is how it pans out, so be it.

I think factors such as pricing are more fundamental in terms of attracting people to come to games. Losing and being a bit shite is part and parcel of following your club. If people opt not to come because we aren't winning enough matches, that's their prerogative. I have taken time out from going to games in the past, and no doubt will do so again in the future. At the end of the day, though, I will always be a St Mirren supporter, and I can accept all that that entails. Whining and wringing my hands on here won't change that.

Edited by Drew

The football we are playing at the moment is rank rotten, many teams seem to experience this however as I've said before with I'll give Ian Murray and the team until the first quarter then either start moaning or hopefully not. Until such time I'll continue to support the team, but like many my patience is running out.

Finally calling people knickerwetters or happy clappers is just plain stupid.

Edited by stripey

Have you ever considered working in the clubs PR department?

...that would have been a great tagline for selling the season ticket books.

Not sure why you are going on about the migrant crisis. This is a St Mirren supporters forum, seems like as good a place as any to let off some steam about the current state of the St Mirren team.

You asked me whether I thought the current situation at the club is acceptable. I was offering a bit of perspective. Let's assume you don't think it is acceptable, what do you suggest?

My point was that, in the grand scheme of things, football is football. It is occasionally great, but often a bit shite. For me, that is perfectly acceptable, given what else is going on around me.

Edited by Drew

Their is something amiss at the club, and IMHO I have not a clue what it is. Suffice to say I think it that it stems from board level down too management. At the moment, just as many posters have said, we are playing some dismal football. I fail to understand why a board that wants out is prepared to watch this dross week in week out, continually sees crowds diminish and ultimately are prepared to sit back and watch less revenue coming into the club.

We, as a club, have spent more money in paying managers off than other football clubs of the same ilk have.

We have on paper a reasonable squad without a midfield, whilst being unlucky with the injuries being picked up, and a manager that seems clueless of putting out a team that adheres to any formation that perhaps he has chosen (although I doubt he has any type of formation in mind).

I could go on and on but that would be pointless as most of it has been said, simply to say we are a very poor team filled by wee boys, who are out of their depth, and older players that should no better, but then again what can they do without any managerial input. Simply put we are rotten.

The manager is in the process of bringing people in and building a squad. Two of them playing on Saturday only signed a couple of days ago.

It will take time to gel, have a little patience and don't panic.

Their is something amiss at the club, and IMHO I have not a clue what it is. Suffice to say I think it that it stems from board level down too management. At the moment, just as many posters have said, we are playing some dismal football. I fail to understand why a board that wants out is prepared to watch this dross week in week out, continually sees crowds diminish and ultimately are prepared to sit back and watch less revenue coming into the club.

We, as a club, have spent more money in paying managers off than other football clubs of the same ilk have.

We have on paper a reasonable squad without a midfield, whilst being unlucky with the injuries being picked up, and a manager that seems clueless of putting out a team that adheres to any formation that perhaps he has chosen (although I doubt he has any type of formation in mind).

I could go on and on but that would be pointless as most of it has been said, simply to say we are a very poor team filled by wee boys, who are out of their depth, and older players that should no better, but then again what can they do without any managerial input. Simply put we are rotten.

Well put sir

Why get upset when those in charge don't give one

Going to get worse before it gets better

I'm glad I was out last night and didn't trouble myself reading the tear-stained shite on here.

What a shower of greetin' faced arseholes our 'support' consists of. I'm no 'happy clapper', but thread after thread of doom laden slabbering is tedious in the extreme. We have no divine right to win, and sometimes supporting your club is about having to take a deep breath and seeing out the stormy waters.

Get a f**king grip, people.

Pathetic.

You are obviously the same type of person who make up our BOD's. One who sits back, does f**k all and accepts lower than mediocrity.

You are obviously the same type of person who make up our BOD's. One who sits back, does f**k all and accepts lower than mediocrity.

You know nothing about me, sunshine, but if spending your time wringing your hands and gnashing your teeth is what gets you through the day, who am I comment.

The Board are St Mirren Supporters , like me and most of us.

You dont accept our recent form.

What you gonnae do about it ??

Stay away till we are in the Champions League.

You asked me whether I thought the current situation at the club is acceptable. I was offering a bit of perspective. Let's assume you don't think it is acceptable, what do you suggest?

My point was that, in the grand scheme of things, football is football. It is occasionally great, but often a bit shite. For me, that is perfectly acceptable, given what else is going on around me.

Drew, you are, of course, correct that no amount of moaning is going to change things and that, in the grand scheme of things, following a shitty football team isn't all that bad.

That being said it is becoming tiresome watching successive managers and teams underachieving with the talent at their disposal and paying good money for the "privilege".

Murray's tenure thus far has yielded no hope that things are about to change. Actually, it appears we could be in for a lot worse as we slide toward the bottom of another league. He just doesn't seem to have a clear idea what he wants his team to play like on match day.

He chased Shankland all summer. One would assume he's watched him on a number of occasions and is aware of the boy's physical skill set but upon finally getting his signature he plays him up front on his own with no support. Every single fan sat around me could see that he has neither the physical size or speed and movement to play that role but there he was getting balls humped up to him all afternoon.The one player that has the pace and movement was moved into a wide left role yesterday despite having to wide left midfielders on the bench. Our best centre back this season was moved into a right back berth despite having another young, similarly experienced, right back in the squad and the midfield..................

Murray needs to set out his stall with the team right now in terms of formation and tactics and then put the best players suited to that system on the park every week unless they are injured or suspended.

This season has been absolute rubbish thus far and if things don't improve quickly the pressure on some of these young kids will be ridiculous from some sections of our support whether we agree it's the right thing to do or not.

Edited by DLBud

Drew, you are, of course, correct that no amount of moaning is going to change things and that, in the grand scheme of things, following a shitty football team isn't all that bad.

That being said it is becoming tiresome watching successive managers and teams underachieving with the talent at their disposal and paying good money for the "privilege".

Murray's tenure thus far has yielded no hope that things are about to change. Actually, it appears we could be in for a lot worse as we slide toward the bottom of another league. He just doesn't seem to have a clear idea what he wants his team to play like on match day.

He chased Shankland all summer. One would assume he's watched him on a number of occasions and is aware of the boy's physical skill set but upon finally getting his signature he plays him up front on his own with no support. Every single fan sat around me could see that he has neither the physical size or speed and movement to play that role but there he was getting balls humped up to him all afternoon.The one player that has the pace and movement was moved into a wide left role yesterday despite having to wide left midfielders on the bench. Our best centre back this season was moved into a right back berth despite having another young, similarly experienced, right back in the squad and the midfield..................

Murray needs to set out his stall with the team right now in terms of formation and tactics and then put the best players suited to that system on the park every week unless they are injured or suspended.

This season has been absolute rubbish thus far and if things don't improve quickly the pressure on some of these young kids will be ridiculous from some sections of our support whether we agree it's the right thing to do or not.

I don't disagree with any of that.

My point is that thread after thread with the same negative pish is achieving the square root of f**k all. Maybe people just need to find something else to fill their time.

The Board are St Mirren Supporters , like me and most of us.

You dont accept our recent form.

What you gonnae do about it ??

Stay away till we are in the Champions League.

Naw I'm gonnae moan n protest n shout n vent and then I'm gonnae demand something better and I will continue to do so until the change comes and the club deliver a better product for us fans! And any happy clapping, settle for shite fan who calls me and others knicker wetters can do one! Edited by Buddy Marvellous

I don't disagree with any of that.

My point is that thread after thread with the same negative pish is achieving the square root of f**k all. Maybe people just need to find something else to fill their time.

I did, I went to support the Braehead Clan last night and they got gubbed 3-1..

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!! lol.gif

Also Shull I don't consider 2 years as recent!

I watched us reach our worst ever League Position under Willie Cunningham..

So no need to panic , even if we hit League 2.

Things will get better eventually.

Patience and support.

Naw I'm gonnae moan n protest n shout n vent and then I'm gonnae demand something better and I will continue to do so until the change comes and the club deliver a better product for us fans! And any happy clapping, settle for shite fan who calls me and others knicker wetters can do one!

Oh well, whatever gets you through the day.

Naw I'm gonnae moan n protest n shout n vent and then I'm gonnae demand something better and I will continue to do so until the change comes and the club deliver a better product for us fans! And any happy clapping, settle for shite fan who calls me and others knicker wetters can do one!

Don't know if you saw the Killie fan rant. Perhaps you should contact him and do your own video. Now that would definitely attract attention.

It's not a product.

Just fitba.

Sometimes good , a lot of the time not so good.

We are St Mirren.

Enjoy the moment ( 17/3/13 ) when it comes along

Albeit rarely

I watched us reach our worst ever League Position under Willie Cunningham..

So no need to panic , even if we hit League 2.

Things will get better eventually.

Patience and support.

Yes , if we can find a sore losing , over excitable , devious, passionate , sneaky and overly committed manager like Fergie , otherwise we're stuck down here for the duration !

Yes , if we can find a sore losing , over excitable , devious, passionate , sneaky and overly committed manager like Fergie , otherwise we're stuck down here for the duration !

Whatever way it goes, most of us will still head down to Greenhill Road, every other Saturday, to support our Team.

Whatever way it goes, most of us will still head down to Greenhill Road, every other Saturday, to support our Team.

Doubt it , under the aforementioned Cunningham , our home crowds were down at under 1,000 , so if the current situation continues, I would expect the same fan reaction !